It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some mushrooms are deadlier than others.

ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game, a love letter to the classic Fallouts, is now available DRM-free.

After nearly wiping each other out with nuclear bombs in 1986, the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc are scraping by in the wasteland. Now someone is out to finish the job. While scrounging up a living for yourself, engaging in turn-based combat and stat-based gameplay, you will make fateful choices and explore the Soviet wasteland for answers.
SoMuchATOM: We'll have to, but not for that reason. I think its pretty awesome when a player goes against the rules without even using a bug, just his own skill and enginuity. It's just that so many people hate our current intro, the guys voted on changing it in the next couple of updates. Honestly, every other bad review our game gets is from some guy who got offended because he could not kill those guys and lost his AK :( So we're adding changes to the intro, it's gonna be a different setting with a different plot.
samuraigaiden: Dude, seriously, don't make decisions based on bad reviews. People who like the game are not nearly as inclined to leave a good review, much less point out what they like, so if you go by reviews you'll always get a distorted picture.

The guys who made Chaos Reborn made a non-RNG mode based on negative feedback and nobody plays it, it didn't save their game, ended up being a waste of time. Had they focused on improving and expanding instead of "fixing", they would have a better product in the end.

It's impossible to please everybody. Some of the greatest games of our time have a ridiculously high number of negative reviews. On the other hand, games nobody gives a shit about don't have many negative reviews. Negative reviews are not necessarily a bad thing, you have to look at it in perspective and with context in mind.
Imagine if that happened to Cuphead. The tutorial would be just walk right - no jumping! That's too difficult, just walk right...

In case it needs to be said, don't change the game because some reviewers just can't handle it.
Kank: I think the changelog was posted a day earlier than the actual update. I downloaded yesterday and got v1.072 even though the changelog said v1.073.

I re-downloaded today and got the v1.073.
I got an update for the game yesterday and today. Both were different files. As I already deleted the old ones, I have no idea about the version. There was no update for this game on Monday.
Kank: I think the changelog was posted a day earlier than the actual update. I downloaded yesterday and got v1.072 even though the changelog said v1.073.

I re-downloaded today and got the v1.073.
HertogJan: I got an update for the game yesterday and today. Both were different files. As I already deleted the old ones, I have no idea about the version. There was no update for this game on Monday.
Yep. I got an update notice both days too.
DF1871: Sorry to disturb you but...i don't understand your discussion.
I bought Atom yeasterday and started playing asap and during the prolouge it is possible to catch the AK (it's leaning at the trunk some steps away) and use it to fight the robbers. It took me several trys but finally i made it.
Because ammo is so rare i use it only on difficult encounters and my mainweapon are the spiked club and a selfmade revoler..still...it felt really good to bet them and keep the Ak as a emergency weapon.
SoMuchATOM: You actually beat them?.. But they are made to be unbeatable lol! Well... What can I say. You're awesome, I guess!
After doing some more research i noticed, that several people allready made clips "how to beat the prolouge-fight".
As i said, it more for fun and a emergency weapon. I did most quests at the 2.city and move towards the "moving forests?"...85% i use the Knife you start with and a selfmade percussion-revolver+...still no way to get enough ammo for the Ak and to be honest, as i go solo without the Ak several situations would have been really hard and several encounters imppossible.

Aside from this, even if you don't beat them all you can still take the AK and fight, so its overall reasonable.
Many games are much worse in comparsion. My problem was the same darktjm mentioned. The Intro-situation
felt a bit stupid...open resting place, even worse open fire, left his/her weapon alone,some steps away is a ruin that could be a much better place to camp,...

If you're going to rework it, rework only the introduction of the intro, amybe even allow meaningfull skillchecks...like survival for camoflage&traps and make the fight very difficult but winable. Sure, keeping the AK changes the balance but 7,62 ammo is rare early on and expensive, if you shoot at every bandit you will be out of ammo in no time.
Post edited January 31, 2019 by DF1871
Just noticed that a couple of community wishlist entries for the game have not been marked as completed.
bhrigu: Just noticed that a couple of community wishlist entries for the game have not been marked as completed.
The wishlist is bugged and staff are unable to complete wishes currently. That's So GOG.
Upcoming DLC confirmed from the devs .

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/atom-rpg-wasteland-soviet-style.114765/page-118#post-6043480