It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into an on-rails arcade action game featuring a cast of space dogs that have to save the galaxy of WOOFER, a company that controls everything. The exciting action game Astrodogs lands on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount lasting until 15th April 2021, 1 PM UTC, and the title’s demo for you to test your skills.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
paladin181: To be fair, Afterburner and Afterburner II were both before Star Fox. While those didn't take place in space, they were definitive of the game play in Star Fox.
Darvond: Woah, woah, don't belittle the polygonal experience that was Star Fox & Star Fox II by comparing to them what is a missionless wave survival game; Afterburner doesn't even have bosses so far as I've known.
Did Afterburner II show the ground or a landscape? I think Afterburner did not (might be wrong), it was all in the sky, the sprites of the enemies appeared, that was all. Sort of like Out Run. But at the time it looked glorious on an arcade machine, and it seemed like you were doing something, even if the gameplay was limited. Star Fox, instead, was a 3D game with a 3D engine that was originally designed for free flight.

Actually my nostalgia glasses are for Afterburner (lots of fun with that one, it never said Top Gun but it was on everyone's minds as you fly a Tomcat) and for sprites. I have met Star Fox a couple years ago. Just giving Caesar what is Caesar's.
Post edited April 09, 2021 by Carradice
Carradice: Did Afterburner II show the ground or a landscape? I think Afterburner did not (might be wrong), it was all in the sky, the sprites of the enemies appeared, that was all. Sort of like Out Run. But at the time it looked glorious on an arcade machine, and it seemed like you were doing something, even if the gameplay was limited. Star Fox, instead, was a 3D game with a 3D engine that was originally designed for free flight.

Actually my nostalgia glasses are for Afterburner (lots of fun with that one, it never said Top Gun but it was on everyone's minds as you fly a Tomcat) and for sprites. I have met Star Fox a couple years ago. Just giving Caesar what is Caesar's.
Afterburner did have a scrolling landscape at the bottom of the screen.
paladin181: Afterburner did have a scrolling landscape at the bottom of the screen.
Thanks! It has been a while... Do you remember if it had interactive elements? Like, enemies, or structures that could be shot at?
Carradice: Thanks! It has been a while... Do you remember if it had interactive elements? Like, enemies, or structures that could be shot at?
It did not. All enemies were airborne.
Carradice: Thanks! It has been a while... Do you remember if it had interactive elements? Like, enemies, or structures that could be shot at?
paladin181: It did not. All enemies were airborne.
That is why I did not remember the ground, then :D

Not that it was relevant to the gameplay. Star Fox changed that brightly as well.
Post edited April 09, 2021 by Carradice
I guess they didn't bother to package an OST?

looks bad
Swissy88: I guess they didn't bother to package an OST?

Indeed, what a pity, as the soundtrack sounds awesome! The game seems packed with 80s tunes :)
There is a demo:

https://www.gog.com/game/astrodogs_demo

The video looks really well, and it seems that they wanted to get some Star Fox vibes.
Post edited April 10, 2021 by Carradice
Well this looks...interesting...