It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Go for the bum, Dogmatix! Go for the buuuuuum!

Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 remastered is now available DRM-free, 10% off until December 6th, 2PM UTC.

Our beloved Gauls, whose only fear is having the sky fall on their heads, return in a rip-roaring action/adventure for the (p)ages. Play as both Asterix and Obelix as you hilariously tear through Caesar's amusement park Las Vegum looking for the runaway druid Getafix.
This is a welcome surprise, I love the Asterix Comics though my favorite Comic series always was Lucky Luke.
Post edited November 29, 2018 by armitom
When I found out about the remastering of the second game and the development of XXL 3, I got both excited and surprised. Asterix and Obelix XXL 1 and 2 on PC were among my number one childhood games, played them as a 11-12 year old kid (now I'm 24).

I never thought they would become relevant again as i'ts uncommon for licence games. I see the devs have simplified the textures a bit, I did like the detailed more realistic ones, but this new style is closer to the comics. Still the main things I'll be replaying this for are the insane over the top combat system, the amazing catchy soundtrack and the general wacky atmosphere of the Asterix universe. Also the fact that 3D platformers are having silent times, makes this game good to replay now.

I hope they'll be able to re-release the first game too. It doesn't need to be a remaster, a port optimized for new systems, just like many other Gog games, will do great. I could never decide which XXL I liked more, but they have an important difference as the first takes place in the Roman empire around European wilderness and towns (except Egypt) and the second takes place at Las Vegum. I think the locations make the first game more beautiful in atmosphere, especially loved Helvetia.
low rated
guppy44: That said, it does look quite nice. :)
It probably really isn't. The comics, on the other hand... ;)
New system requirements, nothing i didn't expect. Anyway they said they added new moves to the games, anybody has a video of that?
Also the preffered price would have been 20 euros. But i can still play my unmastered version which my nephew actually plays sometimes. He decided to go for asterix and obelix 1 xxl again since he really liked that game. 2 he didn't play as much it is a good game asterix and obelix 2 xxl.
I also still have asterix at the olympics, no mention about that game anywhere even though i enjoyed it still.
guppy44: That said, it does look quite nice. :)
Vainamoinen: It probably really isn't. The comics, on the other hand... ;)
You mean the Goscinny ones, I assume ?
Telika: You mean the Goscinny ones, I assume ?
For the most part, absolutely. Certainly not the travesty that Uderzo made it in the earlier years this century. Then again, Asterix and the Magic Carpet (1988) still was a beloved part of my youth, so I can't crucify the guy wholesale. Though my number one still is Asterix the Legionary, which is rather safe in Goscinny territory.

... yeah, Asterix in Switzerland is in the top 5. It's probably the one I still quote most. ;)
Post edited November 29, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Matewis: Fans of the greatest comic book series of all time unite! (Well it's tied for 1st place with Tintin to be fair)
Serren: *cough*Dan Dare*cough*
That's a nasty cough, you've got there. Better get it looked into.

Now, as for great comics, top spot has to go to Spirou et Fantasio (the Franquin years, natch).
Valhalla (Peter Madsen), Benoît Brisefer (Peyo) and early Natacha (Walthéry) were pretty great too.

The new Imbattable (Pascal Jousselin) looks like a fun take on the medium.
Mafwek: I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I am not impressed by the graphics of this title...
gamesfreak64: You are not, as for the graphics they do not impress me aswell , then again i kind dislike all 3d games ( i cant play because of all the motions and stuff, even if i could i would still not buy cause imho it are rendered objects using 3d tools most of the time its re skinned , give it another color, give it fur, etc etc,)

Pixelart has my admiration, it gives the feelin they draw the characters new for every game , 3d give me the impression they render some 'naked' 'human' objects and they have default poses like sims have.... google
pose a model 3d.

check attachment: exampleof3d.jpg

i could have linked it but to make sure they did not disable linking or removed the images after cleaning up the site
i saved it and uploaded it here.

They move the joints in a 3d program, companies with big bucks can afford to have actors moving around with special suits, thus creating real to life animations.... i dont see any actor being turned into a pixel art.
Anyway thats why i do not admire 3d its to 'clean' and looks like the old action man figures.
Well, just realized it actually remaster of old PS2 title, in which case it's good, but game seems expensive compared to some other PS2 era games.
This looks like the kind of pure stupid smashemup fun that might be missing from Darksiders 3.
I loved the comics and the classical Asterix and Obelix animes. Definitely will pick it up soon.
I love this game, this is my childhood!!!!
In download already!
Love it!

(Ok I need to play it right now!!!! Also, the music is awesome!).

PS. You should correct the game page, the italian audio is there
Telika: You mean the Goscinny ones, I assume ?
Vainamoinen: For the most part, absolutely. Certainly not the travesty that Uderzo made it in the earlier years this century. Then again, Asterix and the Magic Carpet (1988) still was a beloved part of my youth, so I can't crucify the guy wholesale. Though my number one still is Asterix the Legionary, which is rather safe in Goscinny territory.

... yeah, Asterix in Switzerland is in the top 5. It's probably the one I still quote most. ;)
Hmm...

1. Le Devin
2. La Zizanie
3. Le Domaine des Dieux
4. Le Cadeau de César
5. Obélix et Compagnie

Nope, no room in the top 5 for Switzerland. :-(
Punched its way straight to wishlist!
Post edited November 29, 2018 by BranjoHello
XYCat: asterisk & obelisk

is it good?
The comics are very good and funny.
Matewis: Fans of the greatest comic book series of all time unite! (Well it's tied for 1st place with Tintin to be fair)
Great release gog! Definitely an unexpected surprise to see an Asterix and Obelix game released here :D

Btw, hard to believe, but Albert Uderzo is actually still going strong at 91 years of age!
musteriuz: When I read that first sentence (including brackets), I thought you had to be South African and then ... lo and behold!

I never read superhero comics, but I've read all the Asterix and Tintin ones,
never?
X - Men, Superman, The Incredible Hulk , FF ( Fantastic Four), Spiderman , alltime favorites and classic in our small country.

Tin Tin ( Kuifje in Dutch) Bob et Bobette ( Suske & Wiske in Dutch) Asterix & Obelix,
Lucky Luke ( a western comics series created by Belgian cartoonist Morris in 1946. Morris wrote and drew the series single-handedly until 1955, ....)

Storm ( Don Lawrence) :
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_(Don_Lawrence]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_(Don_Lawrence[/url])

his female sidekick was very well drawn :D

Johan (De Rode Ridder) ( Belgian)

De Rode Ridder is a Belgian Flemish comic book series set in medieval Europe. It stars the title character Johan, the Red Knight, easily recognizable by his red tunic. It appeared six days a week in the newspaper De Standaard and a few other ones.
the list is almost endless : (⊙‿⊙) too many comics to read .... in the past that is, today reading comics and similar is almost nonexistent , only a few PC magazines with game info ( English or Dutch) thats all the eyes get to read (°⌣°)

LiefLayer: I love this game, this is my childhood!!!!
In download already!
Love it!

(Ok I need to play it right now!!!! Also, the music is awesome!).

PS. You should correct the game page, the italian audio is there
ever played POOYAN ?

Pooyan (Konami Classic Arcade Game)

One day in the forest ..... " MAMA" HELP !

Played the coin up a few times ... a long time ago :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJCeuD1SYw0
Post edited November 30, 2018 by gamesfreak64