It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Triple-A Ubisoft Digital Premiere

They may have been nearly lost since the late nineties, but they're very much alive in game design (and our fond memories) even to this day. Today's triple Digital Distribution Premiere from Ubisoft is not just a set of releases that start with the letter A, it's also a collection of games that introduced something new to their genre, offered a unique combination of playstyles and design choices, or tried something fresh and risky with great payoff.

All three releases are updated to work with Windows 10, and are available in a classic Ubisoft bundle at 20% off!

<span class="bold">Anno 1602 A.D.</span> is the one that spawned a series famed for its ambitious mix of real time strategy, business simulation and city building. It's a game that throws you, a pioneer of the unknown, into humanity's most far out frontier to colonise and conquer. Here, you'll find everything from exploration, trading, resource management, diplomacy and even combat - truly solidifying the experience of a true freedom to design your world, and the absolute control to do so your way. Anno 1602 A.D. includes Anno 1602: Creation of a New World and its expansion Anno 1602: New Islands, New Adventures.

<span class="bold">Albion</span> is a game that takes classic RPG and Dungeon Crawling, a healthy dose of humor, and risks its dangerous voyage far, far beyond earth into humanity's true final frontier. It's a deep-space adventure that draws bits and pieces from an unusual pairing of titles like The Elder Scrolls and Ultima - all to feature great looking 2D overworld exploration with detailed first-person 3D combat. Its most direct roots, however, stem from titles known as "Amberstar" and "Ambermoon" - two parts of an Amiga trilogy that never came to be concluded. Designed by the original team behind the Amiga classic, Albion is their true spiritual successor in everything but the name.

<span class="bold">Archimedean Dynasty</span> takes on one of humanity's biggest, most unfamiliar and inaccessible unknowns: the deep, dark sea. You'll pilot a state-of-the-art submarine to brave the depths and trenches of an underwater colony in turmoil. The bulk of the gameplay will be familiar to veterans of series like X-Wing or Freespace, but it's the absolutely unique setting and atmosphere that truly make this title worth remembering. Archimedean Dynasty soon spawned the AquaNox series, making today's release the final piece of a trilogy unique enough to truly earn a place on anybody's shelf.

Brave the distinct unknowns with the Anno 1602 A.D., Albion, and Archimedean Dynasty bundle, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Wednesday, August 5, 1:59 PM GMT.
Daliz: So either Linux guys @GOG are on holiday or Ubisoft doesn't like Linux since there is no Linux package for Albion (I assume it's a DOS game?). Great release though, always wanted to try it.

I have the original disc for Archimedean Dynasty, but no box. No idea where I got it from because I never bought it and never played it :D
Archimedian Dynasty and Albion are both DOS games and presumably ship with DOSBox, so I'm guessing that getting those two to work on Linux/OS X would be easy for those of us used to doing such things.

I read earlier about a fix for Archimedian Dynasty that involved GOG using a 3Dfx Glide compatibility wrapper; not sure what's up with that.

According to WineHQ, Anno 1602 AD works in WINE, too...
Tomatko: ALBION..oh my goodness.
So it seems, that gog covered most of the bluebyte catalogue. Please, add now Extreme Assault :)) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE :)
Yeah, Extreme Assault would be sweet! :D I still have the original disc/box as well. ^^
Yaay, Albion's finally here!
Great to see that Ubisoft is releasing more of their titles here.
I do hope Ubisoft brings Paraworld here in do time.
Matruchus: I do hope Ubisoft brings Paraworld here in do time.
That was published by Sunflowers and Deep Silver. But it would be really nice to have it nonetheless.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by ElTerprise
Matruchus: I do hope Ubisoft brings Paraworld here in do time.
ElTerprise: That was published by Sunflowers and Deep Silver. But it would be really nice to have it nonetheless.
Damn, checked the wayback machine and its owned by Deep Silver. It seems Ubisoft did not acquire the game when it bought Sunflower in 2007.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by Matruchus
I'm assuming Anno 1602 does NOT include it's expansion?
Matruchus: Damn, checked the wayback machine and its owned by Deep Silver. It seems Ubisoft did not acquire the game when it bought Sunflower in 2007.
Apparently not. Which means it's Deep Silver's turn then.
Tranquil.Suit: I'm assuming Anno 1602 does NOT include it's expansion?
It includes the first expansion New Islands, New Adventures but not the second expansion Royal Command since it was never released for non german speaking market. Basically gog is selling the 2000 gold version called Anno 1602 A.D. made for North American and Australian market but not the final german only version Anno 1602 KönigsEdition that includes both expansions.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by Matruchus
awalterj: Now that we got 3 classics for the letter A, here are my picks for the letter B:

-Blade Runner

-Black Dahlia

-Blackstone Chronicles, The

Here's to more alphabetic classics releases!
Do Ubisoft own them? Would love them on GOG though, I still have the CD copies. Played Blade Runner and finished it (way back in the days when I finished the odd game) and Black Dahlia never got around to installing. Guessing it would be a real pain now with the 8 CDs. Would definitely pay for a little GOG magic installer for that.
Great releases!
For those that haven't heard of this game before, a rather positive review of Archimedean Dynasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnWPKa_etbE
Daliz: So either Linux guys @GOG are on holiday or Ubisoft doesn't like Linux since there is no Linux package for Albion (I assume it's a DOS game?). Great release though, always wanted to try it.

I have the original disc for Archimedean Dynasty, but no box. No idea where I got it from because I never bought it and never played it :D
rampancy: Archimedian Dynasty and Albion are both DOS games and presumably ship with DOSBox, so I'm guessing that getting those two to work on Linux/OS X would be easy for those of us used to doing such things.

I read earlier about a fix for Archimedian Dynasty that involved GOG using a 3Dfx Glide compatibility wrapper; not sure what's up with that.

Sure it probably works easily - I was just wondering: since GOG started supporting Linux, nearly every Dosbox game has been released Linux-packaged as well, but not this time.
rampancy: Archimedian Dynasty and Albion are both DOS games and presumably ship with DOSBox, so I'm guessing that getting those two to work on Linux/OS X would be easy for those of us used to doing such things.

Daliz: Sure it probably works easily - I was just wondering: since GOG started supporting Linux, nearly every Dosbox game has been released Linux-packaged as well, but not this time.
1. Legal

2. Technical

I should sticky these rules regarding anything not being here :)