It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Triple-A Ubisoft Digital Premiere

They may have been nearly lost since the late nineties, but they're very much alive in game design (and our fond memories) even to this day. Today's triple Digital Distribution Premiere from Ubisoft is not just a set of releases that start with the letter A, it's also a collection of games that introduced something new to their genre, offered a unique combination of playstyles and design choices, or tried something fresh and risky with great payoff.

All three releases are updated to work with Windows 10, and are available in a classic Ubisoft bundle at 20% off!

<span class="bold">Anno 1602 A.D.</span> is the one that spawned a series famed for its ambitious mix of real time strategy, business simulation and city building. It's a game that throws you, a pioneer of the unknown, into humanity's most far out frontier to colonise and conquer. Here, you'll find everything from exploration, trading, resource management, diplomacy and even combat - truly solidifying the experience of a true freedom to design your world, and the absolute control to do so your way. Anno 1602 A.D. includes Anno 1602: Creation of a New World and its expansion Anno 1602: New Islands, New Adventures.

<span class="bold">Albion</span> is a game that takes classic RPG and Dungeon Crawling, a healthy dose of humor, and risks its dangerous voyage far, far beyond earth into humanity's true final frontier. It's a deep-space adventure that draws bits and pieces from an unusual pairing of titles like The Elder Scrolls and Ultima - all to feature great looking 2D overworld exploration with detailed first-person 3D combat. Its most direct roots, however, stem from titles known as "Amberstar" and "Ambermoon" - two parts of an Amiga trilogy that never came to be concluded. Designed by the original team behind the Amiga classic, Albion is their true spiritual successor in everything but the name.

<span class="bold">Archimedean Dynasty</span> takes on one of humanity's biggest, most unfamiliar and inaccessible unknowns: the deep, dark sea. You'll pilot a state-of-the-art submarine to brave the depths and trenches of an underwater colony in turmoil. The bulk of the gameplay will be familiar to veterans of series like X-Wing or Freespace, but it's the absolutely unique setting and atmosphere that truly make this title worth remembering. Archimedean Dynasty soon spawned the AquaNox series, making today's release the final piece of a trilogy unique enough to truly earn a place on anybody's shelf.

Brave the distinct unknowns with the Anno 1602 A.D., Albion, and Archimedean Dynasty bundle, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Wednesday, August 5, 1:59 PM GMT.
So I wonder when EA is going to do a comeback
This seems satisfactory. But, didn't ANNO have an expansion or something. Nothing major, I think, just some scenarios. Not part of the deal (yet)?

[come to think of it, that might have been anno 1503...]
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Titanium
yyahoo: Wow! So they finally got Revenant working. How long have they been working on that one? When they mentioned it on the Q&A video a couple years ago they talked like they have already put a ton of time into it already...
It wasn't a couple of years; it was one year (one month before the release of the first LucasArts games here).

yyahoo: Didn't they mention another game that was in compatibility limbo at the same time they mentioned Revenant? I can't remember...
Uprising. A series belonging (more than likely) to Ubisoft now, coincidentally enough.
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Grargar
JudasIscariot: Lol, we know where they are :) it's not legal limbo more like "Errrm so, we're launching these actual classics and all, highly requested etc., but the manuals look a little...not so classic...get approval now, clean up and release when ready" :)
Strijkbout: On a dutch website (sort of a craiglist) a complete big box in good condition of Archimedean Dynasty was for sale a month ago, don't know if GOG is interested in that sort of stuff.
You can always PM and let me know about these kind of things :)
JudasIscariot: Lol, we know where they are :) it's not legal limbo more like "Errrm so, we're launching these actual classics and all, highly requested etc., but the manuals look a little...not so classic...get approval now, clean up and release when ready" :)
tburger: Good. ..Patience is a virtue, huh ? :-P
Yes and so is Wujek Google :P
Post edited July 29, 2015 by JudasIscariot
Titanium: This seems satisfactory. But, didn't ANNO have an expansion or something. Nothing major, I think, just some scenarios. Not part of the deal (yet)?

The version of GOG seems to have the first expansion, but not the second one, which is apparently a disputed expansion or something.
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Grargar
yyahoo: Wow! So they finally got Revenant working. How long have they been working on that one? When they mentioned it on the Q&A video a couple years ago they talked like they have already put a ton of time into it already...
Grargar: It wasn't a couple of years; it was one year (one month before the release of the first LucasArts games here).

yyahoo: Didn't they mention another game that was in compatibility limbo at the same time they mentioned Revenant? I can't remember...
Grargar: Uprising. A series belonging to Ubisoft now, coincidentally enough.
Meh, I'm getting old. Makes 1 year feel like 2.

Uprising... That's it, thanks!
Holy motherfokker sheet! I'm in classic heaven!
Anno 1602 was the simplest but also most addictive of the Anno series. Great classic. :)
Grargar: Uprising. A series belonging (more than likely) to Ubisoft now, coincidentally enough.
Ah, the conspiracy becomes clear now!

Any two vaguely connected incidents are a conspiracy, yes? I learned that from the internet.
Titanium: This seems satisfactory. But, didn't ANNO have an expansion or something. Nothing major, I think, just some scenarios. Not part of the deal (yet)?

Grargar: The version of GOG seems to have the first expansion, but not the second one, which is apparently a disputed expansion or something.
Thanks for the info. I do recall buying a "gold" version sometime in the past, have to fish it out of the drawers to check what exactly that means.
Grargar: Uprising. A series belonging (more than likely) to Ubisoft now, coincidentally enough.
I don't know if GOG is going to get this one any time soon. There's yet another company fixing up old games, and they apparently signed the exclusive rights to distribute Uprising, Requiem: Avenging Angel, and a bunch of other 3DO titles. They just re-released Killing Time a few days ago.
https://www.zoom-platform.com/#news--exclusive-release-killing-time
Not sure if they mean digital premiere or permanent exclusive. In any case, I doubt the exclusivity deal will last too long, it just doesn't make any economic sense given the current state of the PC gaming market. It's better to make 70% of $100,000 than 100% of $1000. At least it's DRM-free on their store and supposedly comes with lots of bonuses.
Post edited July 29, 2015 by SCPM
tburger: Concerning missing manuals for Archimedean Dynasty and Albion. GOG was not able to get a copy of those docs or it's sth more serious (let's say: egal limbo)?
the german manual is the original, classical manual with vector graphics ready for a perfect print (not a dubious rescan from third parties). Can't be more classic ;)
Wow, the game of my childhood. It was the first game ever to be translated into Czech just for CD attachment of game mag and man, was it a blast.

Unfortunately, I never managed to finish it because there is the last part you can't do without enough skills and potions as there is no place to rest and well, I had only one save right after entering that location :/.
Maybe one day, if I find my backup files...

Anyway, it has really vast world full of rich lore and cultures. Gameplay will be definitely slow by modern standards but you have enough time on your hands, check it out :).

Insta-buy.
How well does Archimedean Dynasty run with an Xbox 360 controller?
SCPM: I don't know if GOG is going to get this one any time soon. There's yet another company fixing up old games, and they sapparently signed the exclusive rights to distribute Uprising, Requiem: Avenging Angel, and a bunch of other 3DO titles. They just re-released Killing Time a few days ago.
https://www.zoom-platform.com/#news--exclusive-release-killing-time
Not sure if they mean digital premiere or permanent exclusive. In any case, I doubt the exclusivity deal will last too long, it just doesn't make any economic sense given the current state of the PC gaming market. It's better to make 70% of $100,000 than 100% of $1000. At least it's DRM-free on their store and supposedly comes with lots of bonuses.
Prism Entertainment? That's the first I heard of them.