It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Triple-A Ubisoft Digital Premiere

They may have been nearly lost since the late nineties, but they're very much alive in game design (and our fond memories) even to this day. Today's triple Digital Distribution Premiere from Ubisoft is not just a set of releases that start with the letter A, it's also a collection of games that introduced something new to their genre, offered a unique combination of playstyles and design choices, or tried something fresh and risky with great payoff.

All three releases are updated to work with Windows 10, and are available in a classic Ubisoft bundle at 20% off!

<span class="bold">Anno 1602 A.D.</span> is the one that spawned a series famed for its ambitious mix of real time strategy, business simulation and city building. It's a game that throws you, a pioneer of the unknown, into humanity's most far out frontier to colonise and conquer. Here, you'll find everything from exploration, trading, resource management, diplomacy and even combat - truly solidifying the experience of a true freedom to design your world, and the absolute control to do so your way. Anno 1602 A.D. includes Anno 1602: Creation of a New World and its expansion Anno 1602: New Islands, New Adventures.

<span class="bold">Albion</span> is a game that takes classic RPG and Dungeon Crawling, a healthy dose of humor, and risks its dangerous voyage far, far beyond earth into humanity's true final frontier. It's a deep-space adventure that draws bits and pieces from an unusual pairing of titles like The Elder Scrolls and Ultima - all to feature great looking 2D overworld exploration with detailed first-person 3D combat. Its most direct roots, however, stem from titles known as "Amberstar" and "Ambermoon" - two parts of an Amiga trilogy that never came to be concluded. Designed by the original team behind the Amiga classic, Albion is their true spiritual successor in everything but the name.

<span class="bold">Archimedean Dynasty</span> takes on one of humanity's biggest, most unfamiliar and inaccessible unknowns: the deep, dark sea. You'll pilot a state-of-the-art submarine to brave the depths and trenches of an underwater colony in turmoil. The bulk of the gameplay will be familiar to veterans of series like X-Wing or Freespace, but it's the absolutely unique setting and atmosphere that truly make this title worth remembering. Archimedean Dynasty soon spawned the AquaNox series, making today's release the final piece of a trilogy unique enough to truly earn a place on anybody's shelf.

Brave the distinct unknowns with the Anno 1602 A.D., Albion, and Archimedean Dynasty bundle, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Wednesday, August 5, 1:59 PM GMT.
Klumpen0815: It's really short-sighted. :D

Honestly, the viewing distance is bad but it's a well made game like everything from this studio.
Does anyone know some OpenGL port?
timppu: It is a DOS game, and the GOG version apparently has 3Dfx Glide support (with a Glide emulator). For which purpose do you need an OpenGL port?
A game engine recreation (or binary recompilation like the one I posted for Albion) would be nice for (as I've written) a far viewing distance, widescreen and higher resolution + OpenGL = multiplatform.
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Klumpen0815
I'm late to this party, but great releases!
Klumpen0815: Yes! Finally!

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/albion - completed
I may have to change my signature now.
"Buy Albion!" is my suggestion :P
Klumpen0815: Yes! Finally!

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/albion - completed
I may have to change my signature now.
BillyMaysFan59: "Buy Albion!" is my suggestion :P
seems legit
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: A game engine recreation (or binary recompilation like the one I posted for Albion) would be nice for (as I've written) a far viewing distance, widescreen and higher resolution + OpenGL = multiplatform.
Ok. I wonder though if the lack of near fog would somehow break the game though, like being able to see something you are not supposed to see, or other ships/buildings/terrain popping up in front of you? Or I suppose a completely new engine would take care of those problems then?
Post edited July 29, 2015 by timppu
albion looks impossibly interesting
Apparently Revenant is coming to GOG as well.

They mentioned it on czech gaming news site in regards to this release but it is only site I have seen it on so far.
awalterj: Now that we got 3 classics for the letter A, here are my picks for the letter B:

-Blade Runner

-Black Dahlia

-Blackstone Chronicles, The

Here's to more alphabetic classics releases!
Blade Runner!! Best game ever!!!
Vow long down time for gog that was. 3 hours unreachable.

Eitherway before the downtime I wanted to ask if Anno 1602 is coming together with the two expansions:

- New Islands, New Adventures
- By Royal Command

I couldn't find any data about that in the game card.
Post edited July 29, 2015 by Matruchus
Vitek: Apparently Revenant is coming to GOG as well.
Nice! Apparently there were some tech issues with the game as well, guess those have been resolved. Will be another immediate purchase. Might still have the CD version here.
Matewis: albion looks impossibly interesting
I'd like to try it too, even if I remember playing a demo ages ago and.. I got lost right after the spaceship lol
Fever_Discordia: The first Settlers is still weirdly missing though - GOG has mostly everything from the second one (and it's remake) onwards...
igrok: There is practically little difference between Settlers 1 (or Serf City) and Settlers 2, except that the latter is better. I don't think it's enough to warrant the first part to be here.
Yay, someone else who knows about Serf City (see signature). I've had Settlers 2 for ages, but never played it because I find it hard to believe that it can be better than my all-time favourite: Serf City. So please tell me why you think 2 is better than 1?
Matruchus: Vow long down time for gog that was. 3 hours unreachable.

Eitherway before the downtime I wanted to ask if Anno 1602 is coming together with the two expansions:

- New Islands, New Adventures
- By Royal Command

I couldn't find any data about that in the game card.
I'd like to know that as well.
Albion is here, yes! I was so much looking forward to this! :)
Nice. I didn't expect to see any releases today and we get a triple-whammy of classics instead. :) Seeing how I've kept hearing lots of good things about Albion over the years as well as being quite curious about it, it's going to be sure-fire buy. The other two are tempting as well, but I may hold off on them until a later date.

I wonder what's in store for us tomorrow then... How about Crypt of the Necrodancer finally? =P