It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guardians! Guardians!

<span class="bold">8-Bit Armies - Guardians Campaign</span>, which offers plenty of new battlefields to flex your blocky muscles in, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 15% launch discount. The base game is also 15% off for a week!

So you've got the Guardians' new super-weapons, their awesome vehicles, and their formidable units. Now it's time to see what they can really do! Square off against your friends or the AI across 15 new missions, designed to help you make use of your scorch tanks, Rocket Cars, Heavy Drones, and all the other blocky instruments of destruction that the Guardians brought with them.

Blow your enemies to bits in the <span class="bold">Guardians Campaign</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. Those looking to join the crazy RTS action for the first time can also grab 8-Bit Armies for 15% off.
The discounts will last until June 10, 10:59 PM UTC.
justanoldgamer: But then the Galaxy users would complain.
Marioface5: Let them. Galaxy is supposed to be an optional client, and right now there's a product being sold that cannot be downloaded without it.
I agree, but unfortunately that's not the way its going to work. Another game for the never going to buy list.
DLC still not here for regular download. (sigh)

UPDATE: Still nothing. (9pm GMT Monday night) :( :(
Post edited June 06, 2016 by styggron
rtcvb32: So now there's a campaign AND a second faction/race... 8-bit armies might just turn around quickly afterall if they keep this pace up.
I would say there needs to be far more content and units added before it is worth the asking price though. Watch some lets plays and reviews first. You will see there are very plain and generic units. It had great potential but needs far more content / units.

Silly me bought it without looking at enough lets plays and reviews else I would have realised it.

oh well. I still have Total Annihilation and C&C to play. :) I've not seen the Guardians DLC yet, I bought it on the weekend but it is not available as an offline installer yet. As people said, GoG really should have warned people on the games page about this.
Post edited June 06, 2016 by styggron
justanoldgamer: That strange, I bought the "Guardians Campaign" and "8-Bit Armies" and I received the confirmation email saying so. GOG pages for them also say I own them. But only I only have "8-Bit Armies" in my library, and the only things in the download page are it and a wallpaper, no DLC. Is it somehow included in the game file?
JudasIscariot: Right now, the DLC is available via Galaxy but the offline installers will be made available on Monday. We got the actual DLC at midnight Warsaw time so there was no way for us to make offline installers this late :)
hows it going with those offline installers?
It's past Monday now I fear. I just checked and nothing available yet. :( Tuesday morning in the UK now

Hopefully next time they will write a note up that anyone buying it will not be able to download it until such and such a date.

Really though, the ultimate solve is not to put anything up until both are available :(
What is really annoying is that they said that they didn't have time to make the installer as the files arrived too late. Yet, they had time to put the DLC for sale on the website and take our money. I feel like we have been ripped off!!!
What about GOG customers that want the content as soon as it becomes available? Should they be forced to arbitrarily wait for offline installers to be created, even if they don't need them? Look, I agree that customers should be informed, up front, whenever there are hiccups like this but, if GOG wants to stay competitive with Steam, they need the latitude to deliver what they have when they have it.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
Sometimes when GoG staff says weekend sometimes I think they mean Saturday, Sunday and Monday :p
Barry_Woodward: What about GOG customers that want the content as soon as it becomes available? Should they be forced to arbitrarily wait for offline installers to be created, even if they don't need them? Look, I agree that customers should be informed, up front, whenever there are hiccups like this but, if GOG wants to stay competitive with Steam, they need the latitude to deliver what they have when they have it.
Gog never delivers offline installers on the day when the dlc gets here if its weekend. Although these kind of dlc do not need testing since they are already delivered to users over Galaxy without any gog control. I don't get why they don't have somebody working that would just insert the data in to installer and upload it. Remember that gog told us there will be delays for patches and non galaxy game/dlc versions when they announced Galaxy but obviously most people forgot that. With todays games that get a lot of updates gogs offline system is becoming very lacking.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Matruchus
There are technical issues with offline installation of DLC. Once they get fixed it will be made available..
Barry_Woodward: What about GOG customers that want the content as soon as it becomes available? Should they be forced to arbitrarily wait for offline installers to be created, even if they don't need them? Look, I agree that customers should be informed, up front, whenever there are hiccups like this but, if GOG wants to stay competitive with Steam, they need the latitude to deliver what they have when they have it.
Matruchus: Gog never delivers offline installers on the day when the dlc gets here if its weekend. Although these kind of dlc do not need testing since they are already delivered to users over Galaxy without any gog control. I don't get why they don't have somebody working that would just insert the data in to installer and upload it. Remember that gog told us there will be delays for patches and non galaxy game/dlc versions when they announced Galaxy but obviously most people forgot that. With todays games that get a lot of updates gogs offline system is becoming very lacking.
Much prefer offline updates. I will never EVER get Galaxy. Offline and DRM free forever for me.
Thiev: There are technical issues with offline installation of DLC. Once they get fixed it will be made available..
Excellent . Thank you for letting us know.

For future reference though please ensure it is clear on the page offering the product that offline installer is not available if it is not available. :)

I think people understand there can be issues. People only get upset when we don't hear anything. :) Thank you for letting us know.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by styggron
Thiev: There are technical issues with offline installation of DLC. Once they get fixed it will be made available..
Please make sure users are kept informed of such issues in the news posts or through other obvious notices, to know exactly when the offline release will be and why the delay exists whenever something like this happens for any game. Thank you.
styggron: Much prefer offline updates. I will never EVER get Galaxy. Offline and DRM free forever for me.
Definitely agree to that. Just repeating what they said on Galaxy release.
Unbelievably, GoG still have not written anything up on the Guardians page saying it is only available to GoG Galaxy at present. This is not good !

One person has already got a refund. Have a look at the 8 Big Guardians DLC page, it's the first review currently.
styggron: Unbelievably, GoG still have not written anything up on the Guardians page saying it is only available to GoG Galaxy at present. This is not good !

One person has already got a refund. Have a look at the 8 Big Guardians DLC page, it's the first review currently.
Dear friend, will you stop beating a dead horse? We all know you're outraged and you regret buying the game. Be so kind and send a ticket to GOG's support describing your situation and don't post every few hours about how disappointed you are with the state of the game.

We get it. But not all of us share your point of view.