It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

198x is now available DRM-free.

198X is an arcade epic. A coming-of-age story told through multiple games and genres, worlds and characters. Experience the thrill of shooting, driving, jumping, fighting and role-playing – combined with emotional, cinematic storytelling. This is a love letter to the golden age of arcade games – yet with a scope that was never possible in the actual 1980s.
Screenshot #2
I think Hayao Miyazaki wants his scene back.

[edit: fixed link]
Post edited June 21, 2019 by Panaias
Great release trailer and the art looks really good too.
Two things prevent me from buying:
1) Part 1? Of? What does that entail?
2) Not available for my OS, I'm not going to risk going out on a limb for this one.
Maybe I'll get the soundtrack if it's available somewhere.
While it does look promising, I am not paying for part 1 of X of anything.
Especially when X is not known and neither the time for the completion of it.

If the game is as good as it looks, I will definitely buy it when they finish it.

Also, bring the Lemmings series!
Post edited June 21, 2019 by trusteft
Panaias: I think Hayao Miyazaki wants his scene back.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_(arcade_game)]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_(arcade_game)[/url]
Post edited June 21, 2019 by ValamirCleaver
ValamirCleaver: ...
Hey thanks, although I was talking more about the art, e.g. Spirited Away screenshot
Post edited June 21, 2019 by Panaias
It's a complete experience alright, and the music is by Yuzo Kushiro among others, amazing stuff guys!
Post edited June 21, 2019 by lordb0rb4
I think I'll wait until they release all the chapters. I'd like to see if the second chapter has a bit more substance and creativity than just mining the nostalgia of 80s games.
concept is kinda interesting. Episode or "part" games are a total turnoff for me though so definitely gonna wait until the game is complete and then will have another look at it
Lifthrasil: Looks interesting, but it's only 'Part 1' with 2 hours playtime. Basically a demo. I'll wait until it is finished.
GameRager: Remember Sin Episodes? And Half Life 2 Chapters? That is what can happen when companies employ this business model of releasing half/a third of a game at a time. Hopefully this wont be the case here, but I have my reservations.
i was about to say; remember The Fall, but i just now noticed that the sequel actually has been released. Did not know that. Guess i'll pick them up on another sale.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by FoxySage
At first I skipped the release - nothing I'm interested in.
But I've watched the trailer and now I think it may be really interesting experience.
This is a real bargain even for 2 hours of play time if it's any good and you like all the genre it encompasses. I personally do not like fighters nor platformers so it's not for me at any price.
I am really enjoing this game. If my heart would be able to create a game, this would be the outcome. A very nice nostalgia trip with awesome theme and music.

Really something different and since I grew up this kind of arcade games exactly what I expected from the game description.

Waiting to see more ... :)
I'm surprised this game is receive so positively. My experience with it was pretty bad:

- Everything is super slow, it takes hours just to reach the start screen (and there's no skip button)

- All scenes are super slow, again, no chance to skip them

- No save feature (or am I just missing it?)

- No direct game selection

- The RPG part is impossible to beat, you get weaker each time you get game over it seems, eventually you cannot deal damage at all anymore, probably bug?
RyaReisender: I'm surprised this game is receive so positively. My experience with it was pretty bad:

- Everything is super slow, it takes hours just to reach the start screen (and there's no skip button)

- All scenes are super slow, again, no chance to skip them

- No save feature (or am I just missing it?)

- No direct game selection

- The RPG part is impossible to beat, you get weaker each time you get game over it seems, eventually you cannot deal damage at all anymore, probably bug?
I played version 1.02

I honestly didn't mind the slow pacing. Somehow relaxing and fitting to the story.

Every unlocked arcarde game is basically a save and can be selected manually from the "start" after finishing it.

For the RPG part .. strange .. I did not loose anything after death. Had some trial and error at the beginning, but didn't encounter any show stopper.
Post edited June 25, 2019 by Uplink2000