It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Gold Edition" has never been more appropriate.

<span class="bold">1849 - Gold Edition</span>, the complete edition of a California Gold Rush town-management sim, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount!

Welcome to California, the year is '49. A mere whisper of "gold" is quickly followed by hounds of prospectors and fools as desperate as they are eager. You too are a forty-niner, and this was your life - a constant chase of the elusive, and one that's about to bring fruit. 1849 is a city management sim set during the California Gold Rush. You start a humble settlement in hopes of turning it into a booming paradise of trade and prosperity, or a wealthy mining town. Build up from humble shacks through saloons and trade posts, manage your workers, your trade networks, and your finances so that you too earn your well deserved legacy as one who beat the gold rush.

The <span class="bold">1849 - Gold Edition</span> includes the Nevada Silver DLC, which features new difficulty modes, new scenarios, new buildings, resources, as well as as an all-new train-based trading system for even more strategic options. If you already own the game, this is a completely free upgrade!

Go California dreamin' with <span class="bold">1849 - Gold Edition</span>, available DRM-free on GOG.com! The 10% launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, August 18, 12:59 PM GMT.
http://www.gog.com/forum/1849 seems many of the problems are solved with patches . I am thinking to buy this game .
Mm.. maybe that 2\5 will improve now?
phaolo: Mm.. maybe that 2\5 will improve now?
I highly doubt it.
Since GOG doesn't allow you to edit your review and or/rating, I can safely say nope.
Hm, not really in to phone games. Will think about wishlisting it now though reviews for it are really bad and the price is 4 times as high as for the android version that has the same features.
Post edited August 11, 2015 by Matruchus
I'm not downvoted yet by people who haven't played the game? You're slipping, NewGog. :)
Grargar: Since GOG doesn't allow you to edit your review and or/rating, I can safely say nope.
GOG is hurting themselves by not allowing this simple feature. :P
tfishell: GOG will be further hurting themselves by breaking more features while trying to introduce this simple feature. :P
There you go, looks better now.
1849... I remember that this game was received like a wet fart in church when it was released on GOG. :D

And apparently it's the same with this "Gold Edition".
Grargar: Since GOG doesn't allow you to edit your review and or/rating, I can safely say nope.
tfishell: GOG is hurting themselves by not allowing this simple feature. :P
True, the devs themselves should be the first to require a change.
Gog should also add some useful fixed fields like "game version","played with GOG", "game finished",etc..
Impaler26: his game was received like a wet fart in church
Eww.. ok, maybe not these devs..
Post edited August 12, 2015 by phaolo
You can't edit your review, but outside of the reviews you can change your rating anytime without any problem. Just hover over the "My rating"-stars and click on the new number of stars you want.
this game seems to be offered a lot, i have seen this one in many sales but never at a lower price, i wanted to try the game but like the most posts and reviews read:, the price is just to high
14 euros? 6 or 7 euros would be a more likely, thats the average list price of some latest casual games from alawar for example.

i will wait and spend 14 or more euros at another game
i got celestial and thats a nice list price.
blackwell bundle is 13.99 but worth the cash.

PaterAlf: You can't edit your review, but outside of the reviews you can change your rating anytime without any problem. Just hover over the "My rating"-stars and click on the new number of stars you want.
True, most reviews i made and have seen on various sites wont allow you to edit the review, but stars can usually be added.
This would make the review look funny cause a bad review that was 2 stars would show 3 or maybe 4 or 5 stars.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Huh, this after the devs were saying the expansion wouldn't come to GOG because GOG didn't support in-game purchases/upgrades like Steam, or so I heard. Nice turnaround!
Now the train trading is avaiable for all maps or only the new ones? Because the trading system was really awful (got the game at the IGS promo)
Thanks
It's a good "casual" game;of course I am biased because I grew up in the SF Bay Area and currently live in Sacramento;so a lot of the city names in the game are places I am really familiar with.
A question:Does the GOG gold version incluse the two bonus scenarios that the game company put out as a free download when the GOld Edition was released?

I am an idiot. I did not look close enough at the game selection screen;the Epilogue Bonus Scenarios are listed there.
Post edited August 14, 2015 by dudalb