It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaterAlf: Yes it's coming in 2015, but there are so many exceptions that it's completely ridiculous. When you look closer they created a minimum-wage for everyone that doesn't need one, because they already were on well-paid jobs before.
realkman666: Oh. :(
It's for certain industries?
Yes, there are exceptions for certain industries, as well as exceptions for certain parts of the population (for example no minimum wage for students or people that were unemployed before).
AliensCrew: ... Without the politics of exploitation of so called developing countries the western civilizations will go down. Think about one thing for example. What will European and the USA do if they don't get their oil for a discount price (cause the citizen of these lands where it comes from would get a fair wage). But this is a subject that would blow this thread to the moon if we continue. ...
Trilarion: It really is a bit outside of the scope of this thread. Therefore only a single comment: Market theory tells us that any two countries can always come to an economic balance, the salaries just have to equal relative productivities. So Europe and the USA simply have to stay more productive compared to developed countries (putting more emphasis on education, more efficient organisation, ...) or they have to lower their standard of living or both. But one way or the other you will get a new balance. The world will not end and nobody will really go down.

As for regional pricing. My best angle against it is discrimination. It's just not allowed to make people different offers based on their geographical location (except shipping, ..) within a country because this would be discrimination. So it should also not be allowed to do it within countries, especially not for digital goods.
AliensCrew: ...We are talking about the same good with different prices. And the same with hotels. A hotel in turkey (for example) with the same service than one in germany is much more cheaper. I do call this regional prices. ...
Trilarion: But there is a huge difference. Everyone can by the cheap hotel in turkey independent where you come from for the same price. Regional pricing in the internet is rather like, you pay 4 times more for the cheap hotel in Turkey because you come from Senegal and not from Korea. This is rather the opposite of your example.

For physical goods the price (excluding shipping) never depends on where you come from, or does it?
That has nothing to do with the productive of a country as it does with his natural resourcesses. Do you think that the European States or the US can cover they need supply of oil without the delivery from other countries? Russia can perhabs do this but no other industrial state have this capabillity.

Certainly does it makes a different. Not where I come from but wehre I'm living. If I live in germany a car is much more expensive than in China. Gas for that car is much more expensive here than in the USA. It has nothing to do with my racial descent but all where I live my life.
realkman666: Oh. :(
It's for certain industries?
PaterAlf: Yes, there are exceptions for certain industries, as well as exceptions for certain parts of the population (for example no minimum wage for students or people that were unemployed before).
That's sad, still better than what we got overe here in Italy, a 80€ charity bonus, and to achieve that they had to deny again (for the 5th year in a row) the renewal of contracts for public employees (not that I'm one but still..

Ok sorry this is way OT. :)
IAmSinistar: But credit that brings a game to the equivalent cost of the one-world price is not the same as charging the one-world price. I hope this is now clear.
Devil's advocate

The cost for you to buy The Witcher 1 + The Witcher 2 + The Witcher 3 is $9.99 + $19.99 + $53.99 = $83.97
The cost for me to buy The Witcher 1 + The Witcher 2 + The Witcher 3 is €7.49 + €15.19 + €43.79 - €7.29 = €59.18 ~ $76.48

Assuming I am to buy more games on GOG, the regional pricing of The Witcher 3 means I end up paying less for the same amount of games. If I'm only interested in one game on GOG, the store credit means nothing to me, so I do pay more for the same amount of games.

Edit: The numbers don't seem that proper to me, will have to recheck them. Idea remains though that if one buys more games from GOG, or even only from GOG, the store credit will translate to them paying the same amount for the same amount of games.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by JMich
JMich: Assuming I am to buy more games on GOG, the regional pricing of The Witcher 3 means I end up paying less for the same amount of games. If I'm only interested in one game on GOG, the store credit means nothing to me, so I do pay more for the same amount of games.
Yes, I acknowledge there are circumstances in the model where one can come out with an advantage. But as with my house analogy, these are exceptional cases rather than the normative. At least until such time where every item in every store is sold with a credit, and market prices and expectations are adjusted to compensate for that new trend.

People are using (and trading) the GOG credits, so they do have clear value. They are just not equivalent to a game that is already priced at the post-credit amount.

And I know you understand this, just spelling out my thoughts in general. :)

JMich: Edit: The numbers don't seem that proper to me, will have to recheck them. Idea remains though that if one buys more games from GOG, or even only from GOG, the store credit will translate to them paying the same amount for the same amount of games.
EDIT: Was posting while you were postscripting. Again, this is technically true, but the larger issue remains - the price is effectively the same only in this special case (more games are intended to be bought, specifically those which conform to the amount and terms of the credit). The general case remains that equivalency is not achieved across the board.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by IAmSinistar
JMich: Devil's advocate

The cost for you to buy The Witcher 1 + The Witcher 2 + The Witcher 3 is $9.99 + $19.99 + $53.99 = $83.97
The cost for me to buy The Witcher 1 + The Witcher 2 + The Witcher 3 is €7.49 + €15.19 + €43.79 - €7.29 = €59.18 ~ $76.48

Assuming I am to buy more games on GOG, the regional pricing of The Witcher 3 means I end up paying less for the same amount of games. If I'm only interested in one game on GOG, the store credit means nothing to me, so I do pay more for the same amount of games.
Then again if you only buy regionally priced games you'll always end up with a surplus of store credit you'll never get rid of. You also need to spend your credit within one year, or it's gone forever. :]

p.s. Witcher 1-2 are not regionally priced anymore iirc.
JMich: Devil's advocate

The cost for you to buy The Witcher 1 + The Witcher 2 + The Witcher 3 is $9.99 + $19.99 + $47.99 = $77.97
Fixed that for you.
Grargar: Fixed that for you.
Thank you. I used the -10% from Magog, but that didn't include the loyalty discount. I think the FTFY would actually be increasing the € price for TW3, but still similar :)
Avogadro6: Then again if you only buy regionally priced games you'll always end up with a surplus of store credit you'll never get rid of.
Similar to only interested in one game.

Avogadro6: You also need to spend your credit within one year, or it's gone forever. :]
One year from last addition. If you buy a game with store credit today and another in March 2015, the combined store credit is valid until March 2016. You won't lose some of it on September 2015.

Avogadro6: p.s. Witcher 1-2 are not regionally priced anymore iirc.
They are not. I used the regional equivalent currency to do the math.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by JMich
JMich: Thank you. I used the -10% from Magog, but that didn't include the loyalty discount. I think the FTFY would actually be increasing the € price for TW3, but still similar :)
For some reason I'm not entirely sure, we Europeans get an additional 7% preorder discount. Yay, lucky us! :P
AliensCrew: As I mentioned it before. It isn't perfect but better than nothing and the first step in the right direction.
Please elaborate on the part I highlighted.
New regional pricing changes for Wasteland 2 Special Edition that came in force today on gog.com:

- Russian price decreased today from 1049 RUB to 899 RUB.
- British price increased from 39.99 to 44.99 GBP.
- Australian price increased from 65.29 AUD to 68.99 AUD.

All fair price instore credit adjusted.

Inxile is really overdoing this now. Really squeezing people and that for a game that already has all the production cost covered.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Matruchus
Matruchus: - Russian price decreased today from 1049 RUB to 899 RUB.
About time for this again.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Matruchus
Well, they did say there was nothing stopping people from trading RU games to people from other countries. Though they said they *might* start acting against it if they started seeing it in large numbers.
realkman666: Nope.

Hey, it's coming! Welcome to modernity, Germany.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10943730/Germany-introduces-minimum-wage.html
Klumpen0815: Not really, it's all just for show. The CDU-party included exceptions that basically include all the jobs where it was really needed, so not much is changing, it's still legal to pay 400€ per month for a full time job to someone with a university degree as long as you call it "Praktikum". Yes, this is quite normal here.
That would be too good to be true. 8.5€ per hour means 1122€ a month!!! While in Greece minimum wage is 565€.......