... MaGog has all the information in its logs (USD prices only, not other currencies), but we're probably talking gigabytes of text you will have to wade through to collect the data. At the moment, I do not plan to do that. If you would like to, let me know and I will somehow pass the logs to you.
Thanks for the feedback. If you could make the zipped logs accessible, I promise to make an attempt at creating price history charts.
I had originally intended to give you the raw log files from September 2014 until today (2,412 files, 2.7 GB), but then I realised that some of them contain private information, so I grepped the files and extracted only the regional pricing information into a single text file (trilarion.txt).
The file is not too big (~70 MB; just over half a million lines), and compresses well so the resulting zip is only ~3.7 MB.
The file can be found here: http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/trilarion.zip
You will find two types of lines in the file: Type (1)
looks like this:
gogb_Fri_Mar_13_05_30_01_2015_from_716.log:* Regional price for Kromaia
instead of $19.99
This kind of line appears for every regionally-priced game in every region every time MaGog runs (i.e. nowadays every 6 hours, previously every 12 hours). Since this information does not change often, the same lines will appear many times throughout the file (with a different log file name). These lines for the bulk of the file.
The part before the colon is the original log file from which it came. You can use this to determine the date and time the information belongs to (e.g. Friday, March 13 2015, 05:30:01). Times are GMT. Ignore the "from_xxx" part.
The part after the colon is pretty self explanatory (game, region (use my matrix table
to identify regions), regional price, US price).
Note that once a week MaGog checks prices not only for the identified regions but for every country in the world, so you will see lines with all kinds of two-letter abbreviations. Type (2)
looks like this:
gogb_Fri_Mar_20_17_30_01_2015_from_588.log:NOTE! CHANGED Kromaia
, reg_price_pl: 19.49
This kind of line appears only when a price (in USD) changes and are therefore appears much less often in the file.
The part before the colon is the same.
The part after the colon is hopefully also pretty clear (game, region (the two letters after reg_price_), the regional price before the change, the regional price after the change.
- The lines in the file are not sorted in any meaningful way.
- All prices are in USD.
- Information goes back only to 7 September 2014, when MaGog began collection regional pricing info.
- The formats above are shown as they are today. They changed a bit over time (added bold. underline, $, asterisk, etc.), so expect some variation when you write a program to extract information (you are not going to do it manually, I hope...).
- Some log file name may differ from the examples above (e.g. have a "manual_") prefix.
- The regions MaGog checks evolved over time, so information for some regions begins later than for others. You can use MaGog's changelog
to determine when these things more or less happened (changes will often appear in the logs a few days before I release a version -- I test my code before releasing it...).
- Occasionally MaGog has bugs which I fix, but traces of these may well be present in the logs, so if something looks fishy, ask.
Hope this is clear enough. Ask if you need more information.