It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Couldn't have picked a better day to leave GOG.
Bye again. :l
mrkgnao: Couldn't have picked a better day to leave GOG.
That's what I thought when I saw the news: "Maybe mrkgnao is right." :(
high rated
Might as well remind all Germans of this:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/for_germans_australians_and_others_wishlist_extensions/post1
Lifthrasil: I just created a wish, that GOG offers an optional age-verification for their accounts. Then most of the censored games could still be sold to legal age customers. (i.e. those that are only age restricted and not outright forbidden)

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/optional_age_verification_eg_for_german_users
Shouldn't it be possible to get these games delisted? It's hard to imagine many of these would be listed if they came out now. It's more an artifact of their time, similar to how movies here which once merited an R rating are now PG-13 films. I would guess someone with a controlling interest in the games would have to appeal for delisting, though maybe a vendor like GOG could do it.
IAmSinistar: Shouldn't it be possible to get these games delisted? It's hard to imagine many of these would be listed if they came out now. It's more an artifact of their time, similar to how movies here which once merited an R rating are now PG-13 films. I would guess someone with a controlling interest in the games would have to appeal for delisting, though maybe a vendor like GOG could do it.
Yes, if you are the rights holder and are willing to spend some money and a lot of time...
IAmSinistar: Shouldn't it be possible to get these games delisted? It's hard to imagine many of these would be listed if they came out now. It's more an artifact of their time, similar to how movies here which once merited an R rating are now PG-13 films. I would guess someone with a controlling interest in the games would have to appeal for delisting, though maybe a vendor like GOG could do it.
Yes, the current rights-holder could apply for a re-evaluation. Which takes money and time and willingness to dive into the muck of German bureaucracy. So hardly any rights-holder is willing to do it, if there are no big profits to be expected.
high rated
mk47at: Yes, if you are the rights holder and are willing to spend some money and a lot of time...
There is of course a much simpler solution. Close the GOG storefront in German. Then you don't need to ban anything as you're no longer advertising to the German public.
mk47at: Yes, if you are the rights holder and are willing to spend some money and a lot of time...
Lifthrasil: Yes, the current rights-holder could apply for a re-evaluation. Which takes money and time and willingness to dive into the muck of German bureaucracy. So hardly any rights-holder is willing to do it, if there are no big profits to be expected.
Ugh, bureaucratic inertia. Keeping bad ideas alive since forever!
mrkgnao: There is of course a much simpler solution. Close the GOG storefront in German. Then you don't need to ban anything as you're no longer advertising to the German public.
That has been raised many times and I'm pretty sure that it would be legal, but the GOG minions clain that it is false.
mrkgnao: There is of course a much simpler solution. Close the GOG storefront in German. Then you don't need to ban anything as you're no longer advertising to the German public.
mk47at: That has been raised many times and I'm pretty sure that it would be legal, but the GOG minions clain that it is false.
Opt out: Two big buttons: German Flag and something for the rest of the world. One is the sucker store advertised in german and the other is for normal gamers which could be accessed by germans of course.

Unless your are discriminating... which reminds me... aint EU law above German law; by not making these games available to me are they not violating the superior EU law in favour of some outdated german not even law but pseudo wannabe rule fuled by some, probably equally illegeal, puplisher restriction wishes? Anybody with some EU law making experience here to weight into above nonse I wrote?

... in case somebody might think the above could sound somewhat bitter its just because it is.
IAmSinistar: Scheiße. Thanks for the heads-up, got some list growing to do...
Scheiße indeed. You're welcome...

NuffCatnip: Thanks for that link ElTerprise, bought some wishlisted games.
No problem - i guess the whole thing gets more visibility here than in the subforum.
I would be all for that. Shut down the German forum and the German store front and start being an international store again. But GOG is deaf on that ear. Apparently GOG sees more profit in maintaining the German store front and losing some sales due to censorship than in removing the German part and losing the customers that don't speak or read English. Although, with English being THE required foreign language in almost any school form, anyone in Germany should at least know enough English from school to be able to use a webstore in English.
IAmSinistar: Scheiße. Thanks for the heads-up, got some list growing to do...
ElTerprise: Scheiße indeed. You're welcome...

NuffCatnip: Thanks for that link ElTerprise, bought some wishlisted games.
ElTerprise: No problem - i guess the whole thing gets more visibility here than in the subforum.
Yeah, since I almost never visit the german subforum this helped a lot. :D

Since we already now that 'Saboteur' will be released on gog at some point, I'll have to get it via trading, that game is plastered with Swastika. :P
Post edited June 21, 2016 by NuffCatnip
ElTerprise: Scheiße indeed. You're welcome...

No problem - i guess the whole thing gets more visibility here than in the subforum.
NuffCatnip: Yeah, since I almost never visit the german subforum this helped a lot. :D

Since we already now that 'Saboteur' will be released on gog at some point, I'll have to get it via trading, that game is plastered with Swastika. :P
Well, I only use the german forum because it`s there. If there was no german forum, I wouldn`t miss it, I had no problems with the english forum, even before the localizing of forums started.
Plus it does enhance my skills in english.
Saboteur? There are no Swastikas in this game, I played it very often in the eighties.
Post edited June 21, 2016 by Maxvorstadt
IAmSinistar: ...
EDIT: Okay looks like RoTT 2013 won't be region-locked after all as the original post in the News thread was changed and the link to the respective gamepage was removed.

Maxvorstadt: Well, I only use the german forum because it`s there. If there was no german forum, I wouldn`t miss it, I had no problems with the english forum, even before the localizing of forums started.
Plus it does enhance my skills in english.
Saboteur? There are no Swastikas in this game, I played it very often in the eighties.
That Saboteur does: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saboteur
NuffCatnip: Yeah, since I almost never visit the german subforum this helped a lot. :D

That's good. I guess it's only a fraction of the Germans here that actually visit the German subforum at all. Would've been great if they'd also post that here but i appreciate that we were informed in advance at all :)

Well that will be the case will all upcoming games that are either blacklisted / banned / whatever or filled with swastikas....
Post edited June 21, 2016 by ElTerprise