It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

neckbeardmagic: Sorry but where abouts on this site does it specify whcih games are unavailable and where?
mrkgnao: Here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_locked_games_on_gog/post1
THanks ;-) Was just about to ask the same.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by _and_wobble
high rated
IAmSinistar:
One more:
* Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition Upgrade [AU]
IAmSinistar:
mrkgnao: One more:
* Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition Upgrade [AU]
Not unexpected, thanks.
so if a game should be censored or just not be allowed to be sold to people who live in a certain region /country, wont be able to buy the video and or game?

i assume that these items wont show up to the restricted countries users? or will it have a notice?

i understand that games that refer to a war might be blocked, thats a decision of the country itself i guess, but violent games or games with violence cant be blocked cause every country has its fair or has had it's fair share with violence today or in the past.
Almost every game contains some violence in some form.
From realistic to cartoon potatoes hitting tomatoes with a bat on the head and showing flying stars around the head.
Post edited March 10, 2015 by gamesfreak64
eiii: They are already there:

JudasIscariot:
Look, I'll say this straight:
We already have the officially censored German versions of games (System Shock 2, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Shadow Man) alongside their uncensored English counterparts so if you see a game for sale and it has an English and German version, you have the choice of playing the English version without fear of ONLY getting the cut German version.
PaterAlf: We know that the censored versions are already here for several games (alongside with the uncensored ones).

The question is if they will lock out members from certain countries (e.g. Germany, Australia) from the uncensored content. Right at the moment we can decide ourselves which version we want.
How?

I'm interested in censored versions of the Witcher series, but haven't seen an option to buy it.
Gilozard: How?

I'm interested in censored versions of the Witcher series, but haven't seen an option to buy it.
Of course this only works for games where they have both versions (e.g. System Shock 2, Commandos, I Have No Mouth... etc.) available for download. I don't think they offer a censored version of The Witcher.

May I ask why you'd want a censored version?
PaterAlf: May I ask why you'd want a censored version?
Don't. It's been talked about at length in another thread. No need to derail this one. I would link it, but I can't recall which one it was.
Gydion: Don't. It's been talked about at length in another thread. No need to derail this one. I would link it, but I can't recall which one it was.
Ok, I withdraw my question then. ;)

Edit: Someone just link me to the relevant thread.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: Ok, I withdraw my question then. ;)

Edit: Someone just link me to the relevant thread.
I believe this is what was being referred to, as Gydion said better to discuss in the following thread if inclined.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_witcher_3_has_16_hours_of_sex_scenes/post174
Post edited March 11, 2015 by stg83
stg83: I believe this is what was being referred to, as Gydion said better to discuss in the following thread if inclined.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_witcher_3_has_16_hours_of_sex_scenes/post174
Thank you for the link.

I can understand why people consider sex the way it is displayed in the "The Witcher" games as sexist, ridiculous and annoying. On the other hand I can't remember a single quest where it was crucial to succeed in the games. So I'm not sure why one might want a censored version. In 99% of the cases you'll know which decisions will lead to sexual intercourse. So if you don't want to see it, you can easily avoid it.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: I can understand why ... <snip> So if you don't want to see it, you can easily avoid it.
I guess that's the kind of post that belongs in the other thread. :-)
madth3: I guess that's the kind of post that belongs in the other thread. :-)
You are correct. I'll keep quiet or continue the discussion in the other thread. :-)
high rated
No idea whether this is a temporary bug or an actual change of policy, but at the moment Hotline Miami 2 is visible in AU and Commandos are visible in DE. This is based on changing one's regional cookie.

No idea whether it is truly visible or buyable too in the countries themselves (as this is based on IP).
mrkgnao: No idea whether this is a temporary bug or an actual change of policy, but at the moment Hotline Miami 2 is visible in AU and Commandos are visible in DE. This is based on changing one's regional cookie.

No idea whether it is truly visible or buyable too in the countries themselves (as this is based on IP).
How curious! I wonder if an Aussie or Deutsch can confirm for us?
mrkgnao: No idea whether it is truly visible or buyable too in the countries themselves (as this is based on IP).
Indeed, the games are showing up for purchase using IP. Probably is a bug though due to the recent unbundling and other site issues. On the other hand would be really great if GOG were to reverse their stance on regional restriction of sales.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by stg83