It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maxvorstadt: Everyone who is disappointed like me should vote here:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/vote_against_german_version_of_gog_with_censorship
How would removing the german language part of the site change anything?
Maxvorstadt: Everyone who is disappointed like me should vote here:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/vote_against_german_version_of_gog_with_censorship
rotorde: How would removing the german language part of the site change anything?
Because the fact that GOG went german made them vulnerable to th german censorship laws. Removing the german part would GOG allow to stay away from censoring, even if this means that the games stay english! Better english than nothing!
rotorde: How would removing the german language part of the site change anything?
Maxvorstadt: Because the fact that GOG went german made them vulnerable to th german censorship laws. Removing the german part would GOG allow to stay away from censoring, even if this means that the games stay english! Better english than nothing!
Is this actually true though? I don't know the german laws so I can't tell. Does german censorship laws only apply to a website if it has been translated to german? This seems rather strange to me.
Maxvorstadt: Because the fact that GOG went german made them vulnerable to th german censorship laws. Removing the german part would GOG allow to stay away from censoring, even if this means that the games stay english! Better english than nothing!
Austrian versions sometimes have the best of both worlds....
Maxvorstadt: Because the fact that GOG went german made them vulnerable to th german censorship laws. Removing the german part would GOG allow to stay away from censoring, (snip)
That is simply not true.
Maxvorstadt: Because the fact that GOG went german made them vulnerable to th german censorship laws. Removing the german part would GOG allow to stay away from censoring, (snip)
Piranjade: That is simply not true.
The actual question is what changed that made gog stop selling those games, cause the games were restricted or banned in Germany for years now. Why would gog now be afraid of breaking german law since thursday afterall they systematically broke it for years already.
Matruchus: The actual question is what changed that made gog stop selling those games, cause the games were restricted or banned in Germany for years now. Why would gog now be afraid of breaking german law since thursday afterall they systematically broke it for years already.
Perhaps they didn't know they were breaking the law until they started working on their German version of the site and got German lawyers involved? Just taking a guess here.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by BKGaming
Matruchus: The actual question is what changed that made gog stop selling those games, cause the games were restricted or banned in Germany for years now. Why would gog now be afraid of breaking german law since thursday afterall they systematically broke it for years already.
Maybe someone finally noticed it. Maybe they decided to fix it themselves before they got sued.

ninjad by BK. There are many plausable reasons.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by rotorde
Splatsch: And it still rise the question of censored versions of games : will this come to GOG ? (but I may have missed the info)
They are already there:

JudasIscariot:
Look, I'll say this straight:
We already have the officially censored German versions of games (System Shock 2, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Shadow Man) alongside their uncensored English counterparts so if you see a game for sale and it has an English and German version, you have the choice of playing the English version without fear of ONLY getting the cut German version.

Edit: Meh, quoting from another thread does not work. :(
Post edited February 27, 2015 by eiii
I would guess that none of the responsible people here noticed that this site violates German law (sort of) or they didn't care, since this store isn't in contact with a large part of the German population.
By the way, this isn't a matter of legal conflict, this site, or any site outside of Germany, doesn't need to take the German law into consideration... the worst that could happen is that GOG will be removed from the search results here, resulting in decreasing profits for them.
So, in conclusion, offering a German translation will most likely attract more German customers, resulting in a higher interest from the government. So, by locking the games available here and forbidden in Germany, GOG possibly tries to evade the mentioned consequences.

Though this is of course still only a theory, it is the only one that I could come up with and that makes sense to me.
Germany should leave the EU!! [seems like they already did!]

I shall boycott all german goods until they [germany] have parity with the rest of the EU [computer games wise]
Cavenagh: Germany should leave the EU!! [seems like they already did!]

I shall boycott all german goods until they [germany] have parity with the rest of the EU [computer games wise]
You know what usually happens when Germany gets isolated? ;)
Klumpen0815: You know what usually happens when Germany gets isolated? ;)
That's right, underneath their cold, stoic national character, Germans really just want love.

And Austria. And maybe Poland. ;)
Klumpen0815: You know what usually happens when Germany gets isolated? ;)
IAmSinistar: That's right, underneath their cold, stoic national character, Germans really just want love.

And Austria. And maybe Poland. ;)
And then you all will get censored versions from GoG mwahaha.
Klumpen0815: And then you all will get censored versions from GoG mwahaha.
And that'll be when I change to this avatar and disappear from the site. ;)
Attachments: