It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Hmm, if so, then not quite in the same boat. How to handle it?
If what I said above is true, then it's enforced through GOG's settings, unlike the case with those three regionally-locked games which are enforced through IP. Personally, I wouldn't put it in the list, but I'd rather wait to hear from ReynardFox (or some other Australian).
Grargar: If what I said above is true, then it's enforced through GOG's settings, unlike the case with those three regionally-locked games which are enforced through IP. Personally, I wouldn't put it in the list, but I'd rather wait to hear from ReynardFox (or some other Australian).
Agreed. Thanks as always for having the hot tips at hand, mate!
Gearmos: If this is what comes with a new language forum, I do not want a spanish one. :-/ I feel sorry for the german and asutralian gogers.
A spanish forum would be a positive thing, compared to germans, a very small percentage of the population can understand proper english, let alone unproper english.

And try to remember that any and all forms of censorship were abolished here, a fact that is proudly stated, even if it has been contested recently. However any mention of censorship is rabidly fought against with the main argument being a return to the dark ages of the falsetto voiced galician little man.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by j0ekerr
BKGaming: Not that I want to get involved in this discussion which I find ridiculous.

But as far as Galaxy I'm not 100% sure what you talking about, you can choose where you games are installed. Granted it's not currently possible to have one game here and another there, but if you say want all your games to be installed on a second hard-drive or a specific location that is possible.
P1na: I meant to say, I'm done with GOG if the situation arises where I am not able to either download a game I purchased or launch a game through galaxy due to my physical geographical location at the time. I travel a lot.
Ah okay that makes more sense then, still not really an issues as Galaxy provides zero DRM. All games can be launched offline and all site installers are being updated to function with Galaxy. So unless they also blocked your from downloading from the site, if for whatever reason Galaxy failed to download a game, eventually you could download a game via the site installer and install and Galaxy will still pick it up.

And because they are not removing the games from ones account that already own them from what I understand, one can assume you will be able to download your content anywhere, you just might be able to purchase something while in a banned region.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by BKGaming
We will have more region locked stuff anyway, I'm afraid. Japan has been mentioned before for licensing problems, so now I see GOG signing Japanese companies to release stuff "under some limits", with or withour a Japanese site.
Blutwurst.131: There is an interesting article on a German gaming website (released just yesterday) on that topic (here).

It says that nazi symbols (§86a) threated the same way as violence (§131), meaning import and possession are not prohibited.
thx for the link. thats so confusingly complex, no wonder nobody knows what exactly is allowed :/
stupid german bureaucracy
BKGaming: Ah okay that makes more sense then, still not really an issues as Galaxy provides zero DRM. All games can be launched offline and all site installers are being updated to function with Galaxy. So unless they also blocked your from downloading from the site, if for whatever reason Galaxy failed to download a game, eventually you could download a game via the site installer and install and Galaxy will still pick it up.

And because they are not removing the games from ones account that already own them from what I understand, so once can assume you will be able to download your content anywhere, you just might be able to purchase something while in a banned region.
I am aware, galaxy is optional and I could always launch them offline. Which is why I specified "through galaxy". I don't think it will happen, but if it does happen, that's that.
IAmSinistar: There were posts that indicated that the version sold in Germany is a censored version. Presumably the uncensored version is not allowed for sale there, and that is the version GOG stocks (currently). Ergo, that's why it gets yanked from sale here.
But that's the case for at least a two dozen other games on GOG as well. So why did they put a regional lock on this particular one.

Edit: Cool, my new avatar finally works. :)
Post edited February 27, 2015 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: But that's the case for at least a two dozen other games on GOG as well. So why did they put a regional lock on this particular one.
Don't worry. GOG likes to take things slowly. :P
PaterAlf: But that's the case for at least a two dozen other games on GOG as well. So why did they put a regional lock on this particular one.
really? which ones?

there is difference between games which sale is limited to adults(+18) and with basically forbidden open advertising,
and games which are outright banned from sale at all.

From the latter I I can only think of the Commandos series. Though I might be missing something.

And GOG seems confident to shoulder the legal risk of more or less ignoring the +18 requirement for the other games.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by immi101
immi101: really? which ones?
We weren't talking about Commandos 1, but about Commandos 2+3 which never was banned in Germany, It might have a censored version though here (I'm not completely sure), but that's the case for many GOG games.

And at least two dozen games you can buy here were indexed in the past:

[url=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel]http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel[/url]
immi101: really? which ones?
PaterAlf: We weren't talking about Commandos 1, but about Commandos 2+3 which never was banned in Germany, It might have a censored version though here (I'm not completely sure), but that's the case for many GOG games.

And at least two dozen games you can buy here were indexed in the past:

[url=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel]http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Indiziertes_Computerspiel[/url]
Yeah, wikipedia states the second one was censored as well, to avoid being banned.

There's also this
http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4652

Edit: From the limited information I have gathered, immi101 is probably right, though.
Apparently it's only the banned (b-listed) games that are getting the boot, the a-listed ones seem to be fine (for now).
I just go by the steam-method of verification now - if it's available there, it should be fine with gog.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by WildHobgoblin
This whole debacle has me wondering about exactly how little the average person cares for all the stupid shouting of the moral morons.

For example, how many germans bought the new wolfenstein game via amazon.uk in order to avoid the decaff version?

I'm willing to bet it was substantial.
IAmSinistar: Can someone confirm if this is still the case? It will need to go onto the list if so.
Grargar: If I remember correctly, ReynardFox said that Australians automatically get the censored Australian version, but if you change your country's settings through your GOG account to anywhere else (except maybe for New Zealand), you should get the original version instead.
New Zealand got the censored version due to the fact that namco bandai had inculded us as being in the australian region even though we have had a R18 rating for games for quite a while.
GoG did allow folks in NZ/OZ to "go" on holiday to a different country because they hadn't implemented GeoIP at the time to get the uncut version (I think the GeoIP kicked in a week or two later).
mcneil_1: New Zealand got the censored version due to the fact that namco bandai had inculded us as being in the australian region even though we have had a R18 rating for games for quite a while.
GoG did allow folks in NZ/OZ to "go" on holiday to a different country because they hadn't implemented GeoIP at the time to get the uncut version (I think the GeoIP kicked in a week or two later).
Is it still the case, though?