It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GoG Version of
MK1 is 2.0.0.2 - 22.568.616 bytes
MK2 is 2.0.0.2 - 21.870.736 bytes
MK3 is 2.0.0.2 - 73.808.992 bytes
Post edited February 26, 2015 by AlliumSativum
Ok, I took a short look at all three Mortal Kombat games. They do NOT appear to be censored in any way. There is blood, and my opponent performed a stage fatality in MK 2 (the acid bath one).
IAmSinistar: If GOG's past behaviour is any indication, you won't get any notice of a game that is slated for locking. So you may want to get everything off your list that is in the crosshairs of the German censors.
j0ekerr: We did get a few days warning with nordic.
I recently updated the removed games list in the GOGwiki and went through the forum posts for each game removed, most of the times there was some kind of warning, usually a couple of days.

If a 30 minute warning counts or not is another question enterely...
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Tannath
Only because GOG had a last chance promo to announce and make some more money with the departure of those titles.
Maxvorstadt: Yes, 960 games now, Mortal Kombat is back. Maybe it`s a censored version?
That would only be possibly for Mortal Kombat 1. The German DOS release was censored, but also featured a cheat to unlock all the blood and fatalities. Apparently, there were never any censored releases of the DOS versions of Mortal Kombat II and 3.
Tannath: I recently updated the removed games list in the GOGwiki and went through the forum posts for each game removed, most of the times there was some kind of warning. If a 30 minute warning counts or not is another question enterely...
Full-on removals, yes, there would likely be a heads-up, though not necessarily a long one.

But when it comes to replacing games with censored versions, I'm thinking of the more subtle changes here such as when content is dropped and we only find out because it shows up in MaGog's logs. I suspect replacing a version with a censored edition would fall into that category and GOG would make no announcement of the change, except possibly in the Update thread.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by IAmSinistar
So two quick questions about all this crap:
1) Does anyone know if games that are region-locked can be gifted to people from people outside those countries?
2) Can region-locked games be bought within those countries by use of a VPN (through accounts already existing in said countries)?
Post edited February 26, 2015 by mistermumbles
Tannath: I recently updated the removed games list in the GOGwiki and went through the forum posts for each game removed, most of the times there was some kind of warning. If a 30 minute warning counts or not is another question enterely...
IAmSinistar: Full-on removals, yes. But I'm thinking of the more subtle changes, such as when content is dropped and we only find out because it shows up in MaGog's logs. I suspect replacing a version with a censored edition would fall into that category and GOG would make no announcement of the change, except possibly in the Update thread.
True.
KneeTheCap: Soon there'll be DRM.
The way things are going... *le sigh* Hopefully, that'll never happen. Never say never though...
you just have to "sell" DRM als "its not DRM, its for your own security"
mistermumbles: snip
Third question:
Do such questions have to be asked openly in official boards where censors can read them?

"Man sollte keine schlafenden Hunde wecken!"
is the correct phrase we'd use for this...
IAmSinistar: I wonder how long before they pull the plug on gifting to restricted members as well.
About that, and directly related to one of my former posts, I think it's already restricted.

There was an aussie goger who wanted the full uncensored version of the witcher. But he claimed that he couldn't get it, even as a gift.
Lykaon: you just have to "sell" DRM als "its not DRM, its for your own security"
It will debut as "regional validation", to make sure the game you are playing is allowed in your country. After all, that's better then not selling the game at all, right? And once that door is opened...
InfraSuperman: I actually own that retail collection of Max Payne, though I don't know whether it runs on Windows 8. It works perfectly fine on Windows 7, though it requires a fan-made patch for the audio (some weird thing about the format they used for sounds and music), or it will be mostly silent.

You could try the original demo, here.
Thanks, I'll try that. Does the retail version include English voiceovers?
IAmSinistar: I wonder how long before they pull the plug on gifting to restricted members as well.
j0ekerr: About that, and directly related to one of my former posts, I think it's already restricted.

There was an aussie goger who wanted the full uncensored version of the witcher. But he claimed that he couldn't get it, even as a gift.
I guess its similar to regional locking on Steam then.