It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is this supposed to be funny OR mindblowing?
GabiMoro: Is this supposed to be funny OR mindblowing?
It's neither supposed to be funny nor mindblowing. Why? Don't like it?
GabiMoro: Is this supposed to be funny OR mindblowing?
viperfdl: It's neither supposed to be funny nor mindblowing. Why? Don't like it?
This thread is called "Random Internet finds - funny, usefull, mindblowing".

It's not the first http://www.strategic-culture.org article you linked here and I wondered if you post it because you find it funny (West falsifies history, the Hitler-Stalin pact didn't exist and the annexation of Baltic Countries, Moldova, USSR war with Finland happend only in our imagination, yeah right) or mindblowing (the article opened my eyes, we've been living a lie).
viperfdl: It's neither supposed to be funny nor mindblowing. Why? Don't like it?
GabiMoro: This thread is called "Random Internet finds - funny, usefull, mindblowing".

It's not the first http://www.strategic-culture.org article you linked here and I wondered if you post it because you find it funny (West falsifies history, the Hitler-Stalin pact didn't exist and the annexation of Baltic Countries, Moldova, USSR war with Finland happend only in our imagination, yeah right) or mindblowing (the article opened my eyes, we've been living a lie).
Well, probably like you I learned in school that Stalin and Hitler were allied until Hitler invaded Soviet-Russia. But the author of this and the other articles, Michael Jabara Carley, is a Professor of history at the Université de Montréal. So I don't think that one could brush it off as total bullshit just because one doesn't like it.
This articles also doesn't mean that Stalin was a nice guy just because the western propaganda blames the USSR/Russia for everything what happened back then. Pretty much like today in the Syrian and Ukrainian conflicts.
So in this regard you could say that this is mindblowing.
Post edited December 05, 2016 by viperfdl
When the Noms Hit You Just Right

These Animal Gifs Are Made a Thousand Times Funnier With Text Added

Edit:
WHEN I WAS YOUNG

Edit2:
Almost there.

Edit3:
Skyrim Across The Platforms
Post edited December 05, 2016 by viperfdl
The Belgian historian Anne Morelli wrote a book named "Principes élémentaires de propagande de guerre" based on Arthur Ponsonby's "Falsehood in War-time" about the ten commandments of war propaganda. Although I didn't read the books myself, I thought it might be interesting to keep this in mind while consuming the daily news...

Summary in the WIki-entry of "Falsehood in War-Time"

Principes élémentaires de propagande de guerre (Wiki)

Die Prinzipien der Kriegspropaganda (Wiki)

Interestingly there is no single entry for Anne Morelli's book in English with explanations like in French and German.
Guy Gets Revenge on His Cat for Waking Him up in the Middle of the Night

Edit:
INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION

Edit2:
Inconceivable
Post edited December 06, 2016 by viperfdl
Guy Punches a Kangaroo in the Face to Save His Dog and the Whole Thing Is Caught on Video
KenFM zeigt: Vortrag von Tim Anderson („The Dirty War on Syria“)
English: KenFM shows: lecture by Tim Anderson („The Dirty War on Syria“)
The lecture is in English.
Don't think, that you can be manipulated to vote for someone? Well, these people think otherwise:
The Power of Big Data and Psychographics

Edit:
Grammar.
Post edited December 07, 2016 by viperfdl
WE FOUND IT! The 60 Minutes Interview George Soros Tried To Bury!

Edit:
The Empire Files: Inside the Hotbeds of Israeli Settler Terror
Post edited December 07, 2016 by viperfdl
viperfdl: Well, probably like you I learned in school that Stalin and Hitler were allied until Hitler invaded Soviet-Russia. But the author of this and the other articles, Michael Jabara Carley, is a Professor of history at the Université de Montréal. So I don't think that one could brush it off as total bullshit just because one doesn't like it.
This articles also doesn't mean that Stalin was a nice guy just because the western propaganda blames the USSR/Russia for everything what happened back then. Pretty much like today in the Syrian and Ukrainian conflicts.
So in this regard you could say that this is mindblowing.
It's bulshit not because I don't like it, because it's Soviet propaganda (a mixed of truths and lies, while some important facts are omited). I believe most of what he says in the first part of the article, that USSR tried hard to organize an anti-German alliance. Unfortunatelly, that didn't materialize, mainly because of UK, France, Poland etc. West wrongfully blame USSR.

The article should have stopped here, and even so I would have some things to object:
- I don't think Hitler could be kept in check, perhaps if all his neighbours amassed a lot of troops near his borders just to scare him. But, after WW1 people weren't eager to fight, and surely not an offensive war. The failing of an anti-German alliance is not that important, no matter who is to blame for that.

- USSR did not sign an non-aggression pact and just sit there. USSR started a war with Finland and captured some countries (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Moldova and part of Poland). That's why they are considered to have an important role in starting WW2 (the author conveniently forgets to mention that).

But, no, he has to go on:
- in 2014 after the US and EU supported a coup d’état in Kiev, a fascist junta took power in the Ukraine (really, fascits, because a minority of neo-nazi, or what the hell are they called participated in the protests, now the government must be fascist?)
- Poland and the Baltic states had gained an ally for their UGLY anti-Russian campaigns (UGLY??? they were anexed by USSR . What the hell does he expect, sto spell kind words about USSR?)
- the Warsaw government bulldozed memorials to the Soviet liberators of Poland (LIBERATORS? Poland was free from Germany occupation but USSR imposed a puppet regim, many polish were sent to die in Syberia and the red army stayed there for many years). Liberators, my ass.

From the article it would seem USSR is the Mother Theresa of all countries. I'm sorry, but I would rate -1 any kind of similar articles I see.
GabiMoro: *snip*
Thanks for the additional information.

Edit:
Maybe you could write to Mr. Carley and tell him your concerns.
:)
Post edited December 08, 2016 by viperfdl
When You Put It That Way, Sneaking in Skyrim Doesn't Make Much Sense

Edit:
You Can Never Win

Edit2:
GET A JOB HIPPIE
Post edited December 09, 2016 by viperfdl
Happy HoLOLdaze