It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

murcielago: lets try again with some guesses:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
Metroid Prime
The Orange Box
Tekken 3
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Super Mario 64
Remember #9 & #10!
RadonGOG: Remember #9 & #10!
mmm, then two more guesses before I go to dinner:

Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
RadonGOG: Shit, I thought I would have checked Golden Axe II on both DotEmu and GamersGate, the example just busted again!
Anyways, the example doesn´t matter that much, what matters is the REASON why it´s so hard to find an example...
Maybe the reason it's so hard to find an example game is because it's not a game at all! Maybe it's a movie? And if was a movie, I think it would be Memento. Then again, this guess might be just as wrong as my guess that it's a console game.
RadonGOG: Shit, I thought I would have checked Golden Axe II on both DotEmu and GamersGate, the example just busted again!
Anyways, the example doesn´t matter that much, what matters is the REASON why it´s so hard to find an example...
IT2013: Maybe the reason it's so hard to find an example game is because it's not a game at all! Maybe it's a movie? And if was a movie, I think it would be Memento. Then again, this guess might be just as wrong as my guess that it's a console game.
CLOSED!
Cause you´ve solved it!
!!!! I can't believe I finally got it right! Thank you for this giveaway, RadonGOG!
Wow totally didn't expect that answer. Props to IT2013 for being clever enough to think so far outside the box, and thanks to RadonGOG for such a punishing puzzle. Looking forward to your other puzzles! +1 :)
MasterPuffy: Wow totally didn't expect that answer. Props to IT2013 for being clever enough to think so far outside the box, and thanks to RadonGOG for such a punishing puzzle. Looking forward to your other puzzles! +1 :)
Thanks for the thanks! Hope to see most of you back here @ at Ende of March/ first of April!

BTW:
Does anyone around here want to know the reason why Memento applies to all those clues?
Or is it obvious for you?
Post edited January 05, 2015 by RadonGOG
RadonGOG: Or is it obvious for you?
I'd like to hear about the parallels to the GOG best-seller, as I haven't heard of this movie before.
RadonGOG: Or is it obvious for you?
Grargar: I'd like to hear about the parallels to the GOG best-seller, as I haven't heard of this movie before.
Okay---first of all it´s not only A bestseller on GOG, it´s THE bestseller aka Planescape Torment!
Memento tells the story of a detective that constantly looses his memory. (in Planescape Memory loss is only triggered when TNO is near to death, but the general idea is compareable) To do not suffer so hard from this fact he places tattoos over his body, just like TNO does in Planescape Torment. On top of that he takes pictures and notes dealing with his surroundings. The movie becomes interesting when you here that it´s told in REVERSE ORDER! That´s why the protagonist doesn´t know WHY he has written those messages and the viewer doesn´t know it, too! In Planescape, neither the protagonist nor the player knows WHY and from WHOM those messages has been written, course TNOs personality changes with every "memory rebirth" In memento protagonists MOOD changes with every scene, as the first imagery he gets does heavily influence him!

Well, and the last parallel is about the philosophical message: One of them in PST is "Is it better for the world that it´s most powerful dweller simply DIES instead of being an uncontrollable, unpredictable one?" and this one is also present in Memento!
RadonGOG: Okay---first of all it´s not only A bestseller on GOG, it´s THE bestseller aka Planescape Torment!
Memento tells the story of a detective that constantly looses his memory. (in Planescape Memory loss is only triggered when TNO is near to death, but the general idea is compareable) To do not suffer so hard from this fact he places tattoos over his body, just like TNO does in Planescape Torment. On top of that he takes pictures and notes dealing with his surroundings. The movie becomes interesting when you here that it´s told in REVERSE ORDER! That´s why the protagonist doesn´t know WHY he has written those messages and the viewer doesn´t know it, too! In Planescape, neither the protagonist nor the player knows WHY and from WHOM those messages has been written, course TNOs personality changes with every "memory rebirth" In memento protagonists MOOD changes with every scene, as the first imagery he gets does heavily influence him!

Well, and the last parallel is about the philosophical message: One of them in PST is "Is it better for the world that it´s most powerful dweller simply DIES instead of being an uncontrollable, unpredictable one?" and this one is also present in Memento!
I see. That does indeed resemble Planscape: Torment quite a bit. Thanks for the explanation and for the nice giveaway.
Congratulations to IT2013 for nailing it.
Post edited January 05, 2015 by Grargar
Wow, nice, I didn't expected a movie, but a console game.
IT2013: Maybe the reason it's so hard to find an example game is because it's not a game at all! Maybe it's a movie? And if was a movie, I think it would be Memento. Then again, this guess might be just as wrong as my guess that it's a console game.
RadonGOG: CLOSED!
Cause you´ve solved it!
Lol. I've been following this thread but hadn't made any guesses because I couldn't think of anything that matched all the clues, but I did think it might be a movie... XD

Wouldn't have got the movie even if I had guessed though.
congrats IT2013

very sneaky Radon.
Chimerical: congrats IT2013

very sneaky Radon.
I´ve just imagined what would have happened if I decided to answer your first question in the thread!
Chimerical: Is it about an undercover cop?
"Story MIGHT feature an undercover cop" would have been the only answer that would be correct in the context of the movie---which would be such a strange answer that I feared nobody would participate with any serious guess anymore! :D
Get ready for a NSTAW this evening!!!