It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rodger THAT!

Rad Rodgers, the kinetic action/platformer starring the titular teenager and his feisty game console, has received a rad update which is totally free for current owners of the game. The base price for the game has now been increased accordingly but it's 25% off until February 28, 6PM UTC.

Here are some of the cool new things this update brings:

- Leaderboards for those sweet sweet bragging rights
- 5 new levels (3 Pogostick ones and 2 big, regular ones)
- More than 20 hats to collect and put on Rad so that he's always in vogue
- Several Pixelverse puzzles have been redesigned and now include new types of puzzles as well
- 4 new enemies (including 2 minibosses) and a brand new weapon to snuff them out with
htown1980: if you didn't buy the game you can still get it now at the original price (taking into account the discount) - so what's there to complain about?
Maybe that it would require a 40% discount to give you the game at the original price now and not a 25% one. ;P
Huh. I'm no business expert but...when your game's already getting a middling a reception you go and bump up the price? :T
Post edited February 26, 2018 by LittleCritter
This looks like Super Lucky's Tale and A Hat in Time got together and had a child but watched every single damn episode of MST3K before making the baby.
truhlik: [...] free [...]
amok: They mean it is free for those who already own the game. so instead of releasing it as a paid DLC (everyone pays) they reward the existing customers by giving them free content.

Off course, it then means late comers are a little bit out of pocket for it, but then again how likely would it be for them to get it now anyway, unless on a sale, or how unlikely would it be for them to buy it without the then DLC.

I don't mind this approach at all.
Speaking as a late comer; I have no problem with this!
Man I was already so unimpressed with this game when I got it on Steam that I refunded it, now they're RAISING the price for a couple bonus levels?? Y'all crazy.
guppy44: To new purchasers of this game, do we get both the new version as well as the original World One added to our Library as Steam customers get, or is it "only" the new version?
JudasIscariot: You get the new version and the original World One version :)
Great! Thanks for the reply, Judas! :D
htown1980: if you didn't buy the game you can still get it now at the original price (taking into account the discount) - so what's there to complain about?
eiii: Maybe that it would require a 40% discount to give you the game at the original price now and not a 25% one. ;P
LittleCritter: Huh. I'm no business expert but...when you're game's already getting a middling a reception you go and bump up the price? :T
amok: They mean it is free for those who already own the game. so instead of releasing it as a paid DLC (everyone pays) they reward the existing customers by giving them free content.

Off course, it then means late comers are a little bit out of pocket for it, but then again how likely would it be for them to get it now anyway, unless on a sale, or how unlikely would it be for them to buy it without the then DLC.

I don't mind this approach at all.
takezodunmer2005: Speaking as a late comer; I have no problem with this!
Totally agree on this, if they increase the listprice to 99,99 or maybe 299 usd/eu then i don't mind a bit... afteral we are free to buy it if we want , no one is forcing us to buy the game(s) and if they really believe people will actually buy these expensive games thats fine with me aswell.

Anyway some casualgames have goneup aswell on steam.... and as a result many gamers are simply going to wait for sales, so the games will have less sales at release, digital only games seem to get more expensive compared to retail games which is kinda weird cause digital only games can be sold much cheaper cause you save lots of money on many things retail (physical games) need, but if digital only games get extremely expensive and soon unaffordable then that is entirely up to the publishers/devs.
Post edited February 23, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Breja: The times they are a changing. Most 12 year olds today probably can't imagine not buying crap like that for their characters.
Alarus-Sarthes: Ever played a popular MMO on american servers? There are some 20-to-25-year-olds playing those games that act like whiny toddlers; on the flip-side, I once played with a ten-to-twelve-year-old kid who acted way more sensibly than some adults I know. This is why I stay north of the border: I have no use for cry-babies; most of the time, all they want is attention, and they're only spurred on to be attention-grabbing by 'false news' (as the american president loves to call it), which is called that because half of it is exaggerated, embelished, and dramatised, while the other half is completely fabricated to give the 'anchors' and the common people something to talk about. Local news programmes in america run from 4:30 to 7:00 local time, and the national/world news programmes run from 7:00 to 9:00 local time. Why? Because the corporations that own these outlets want them to, but there's just not enough real news that will get people talking for them to fill up those time-slots, so they make up half of the news and dramatise the rest.
yup, many grownups that play online games act like ten years old, in the past when playing diablo on battlenet:
free ofcourse (no monthly fees) and vice versa, the fun part is many of those crybabies are real big businessmen in reallife, they are so mature but they change when playing games online with or versus others , then they all change all of a sudden into a crybaby ...

Most DLC is not worth the money they ask for and Steam is the best example : Steam might be the number one in games and much larger the GOG,
BUT (and thats why the but is in capitals) Steam has the most shovelware compared to any platform, and 90% of the weekly sales ( starting monday) always cover the same shovelware (many bad dlc, 99 cent games and usually 90% of the time the same AA games that recycle like crazy) many good games seldom get weekly sales at steam, the bad games get up to 70% or more off leaving 2 dollar games at less then 99 cents .

Anyway Steam = BIG but also shovel thats why i have Steam only for some good casualgames : the hidden object games and some old Point and Click games ( most of them are kingsquest clones, so its more of the same but i just love more of the same, can't get enough of 'more of the same games'.)
Post edited February 23, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Alarus-Sarthes: Ever played a popular MMO on american servers? There are some 20-to-25-year-olds playing those games that act like whiny toddlers; on the flip-side, I once played with a ten-to-twelve-year-old kid who acted way more sensibly than some adults I know. This is why I stay north of the border: I have no use for cry-babies; most of the time, all they want is attention, and they're only spurred on to be attention-grabbing by 'false news' (as the american president loves to call it), which is called that because half of it is exaggerated, embelished, and dramatised, while the other half is completely fabricated to give the 'anchors' and the common people something to talk about. Local news programmes in america run from 4:30 to 7:00 local time, and the national/world news programmes run from 7:00 to 9:00 local time. Why? Because the corporations that own these outlets want them to, but there's just not enough real news that will get people talking for them to fill up those time-slots, so they make up half of the news and dramatise the rest.
gamesfreak64: yup, many grownups that play online games act like ten years old, in the past when playing diablo on battlenet:
free ofcourse (no monthly fees) and vice versa, the fun part is many of those crybabies are real big businessmen in reallife, they are so mature but they change when playing games online with or versus others , then they all change all of a sudden into a crybaby ...

Most DLC is not worth the money they ask for and Steam is the best example : Steam might be the number one in games and much larger the GOG,
BUT (and thats why the but is in capitals) Steam has the most shovelware compared to any platform, and 90% of the weekly sales ( starting monday) always cover the same shovelware (many bad dlc, 99 cent games and usually 90% of the time the same AA games that recycle like crazy) many good games seldom get weekly sales at steam, the bad games get up to 70% or more off leaving 2 dollar games at less then 99 cents .

Anyway Steam = BIG but also shovel thats why i have Steam only for some good casualgames : the hidden object games and some old Point and Click games ( most of them are kingsquest clones, so its more of the same but i just love more of the same, can't get enough of 'more of the same games'.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon%27s_law
amok: so, yeah, did we ever get the relation between this and Ruff'n'Tumble?
Great game but arrived too late in the Amigas life to make much of an impact.
Breja: The times they are a changing. Most 12 year olds today probably can't imagine not buying crap like that for their characters.
Hate to get into a reply chain, but I can't help but notice the straw man rambling. That made my day
Doc0075: Great game but arrived too late in the Amigas life to make much of an impact.
That is no excuse for a lack of originality. The problem with platformers today is that too many feel inspired from 90s games instead of something that stands on it's own. Using nostalgia today to make new games is rather lazy. I might buy the game if the price goes down but it's not a game I'll be going straight to the online shop for.
Doc0075: Great game but arrived too late in the Amigas life to make much of an impact.
pferreira1983: That is no excuse for a lack of originality. The problem with platformers today is that too many feel inspired from 90s games instead of something that stands on it's own. Using nostalgia today to make new games is rather lazy. I might buy the game if the price goes down but it's not a game I'll be going straight to the online shop for.
Not sure why you are having a pop at me, I'm just saying that I really liked Ruff'n'Tumble on my Miggy.
pferreira1983: That is no excuse for a lack of originality. The problem with platformers today is that too many feel inspired from 90s games instead of something that stands on it's own. Using nostalgia today to make new games is rather lazy. I might buy the game if the price goes down but it's not a game I'll be going straight to the online shop for.
Ruff'n'tumble had plenty of originality. As Doc0075 was saying, it arrived too late in the Amiga's life-cycle. It was released in 1994, but by then the Amiga was half dead due to mismanagement. Very god game, though, worth checking out if you like action platformers. And it had an extremely good art direction, one of the prettiest games the Amiga had.
Doc0075: Not sure why you are having a pop at me, I'm just saying that I really liked Ruff'n'Tumble on my Miggy.
Apologies for not being clear, I was talking about Rad Rogers and how it's inspired by better games like Ruff 'n' Tumble.

amok: Very god game, though, worth checking out if you like action platformers. And it had an extremely good art direction, one of the prettiest games the Amiga had.
Totally.
Post edited February 24, 2018 by pferreira1983