It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rodger THAT!

Rad Rodgers, the kinetic action/platformer starring the titular teenager and his feisty game console, has received a rad update which is totally free for current owners of the game. The base price for the game has now been increased accordingly but it's 25% off until February 28, 6PM UTC.

Here are some of the cool new things this update brings:

- Leaderboards for those sweet sweet bragging rights
- 5 new levels (3 Pogostick ones and 2 big, regular ones)
- More than 20 hats to collect and put on Rad so that he's always in vogue
- Several Pixelverse puzzles have been redesigned and now include new types of puzzles as well
- 4 new enemies (including 2 minibosses) and a brand new weapon to snuff them out with
KAMIdesu: Love how it's advertised as a "free" update even though the game's price went up because of it.
Matruchus: They should just release dlc for it instead of increasing the price tag, that just brews more resentment from people who might have been on the verge of buying the game.
Dogmaus: But there are always sales...so it also depends on what the sales prices will be.
Matruchus: Not always true. Shovel Knight never had a real sale yet. The most it was a meager 33% off.
Yes, I was not talking about Shovel Knight. I meant we have to see the prices with RR. SK devs want to keep the price up. Because once you discount too much once, the value goes down forever in the eyes of many gamers.
When I first got here (again) on GOG I did not even know about sales. I was looking for an old game, and began to buy some at full price here. The price seemed really good compared to what those games cost at release. When I saw my first GOG sale I was blown away, that I could buy a game for so cheap. It's a system that has its merits, expecially with older titles. But I have bought many games just to "collect them" because they were cheap. There are a few I'm not really into. So, higher prices with higher quality and a more careful approach at purchase might not be so bad.
Some of us buy hundreds of games on sale and play some of them only. We could have bought only the ones we actually played for the same money. I apologize if my tirade is too long or not on point.
Dogmaus: This is how it went with Shovel Knight, and I was lucky with that as I bought it on day 1. I think that a few developers are trying to go against the tide of people waiting for the price to drop. So they want to encourage to buy at lauch.
I don't know the game and I can't judge if 5 new levels and 4 new enemied justify the new price. But there are always sales...so it also depends on what the sales prices will be.
It's hard when you don't have all that money but still want to support the devs you like, and must find a right balance. First world problems maybe, but still choices we take that shape the market of our gaming passion.
Two Worlds II didn't fare much better. To sum it up: Paid DLC was released that was originally supposed to be free (direct quote from the developers, observed by many); said DLC added microtransactions to a single-player game that allow for the purchase of pre-existing crafting materials that are easily acquired en masse through normal gameplay, and removed console-commands, which are necessary to bypass many bugs and glitches that the developers are too lazy and incompetent to fix. Console-commands were removed because the idiotic devs somehow thought that their console for their game could be used to hack the Steam Wallet. The devs were extremely antagonistic toward the player-base, frequently calling the community and its members names and insulting their intelligence, even going so far as to hold the development-console for ransom. Fortunately, the console-commands have been restored, but the damage has been done, and the developer's comments are still plainly visible on Steam. Some people may be shrugging this off now, but insulting customers, a producer's only source of income, should neither be tolerated nor forgotten; such producers don't deserve our money, or any money, for that matter (not that I have anything against the homeless, mind you; I love helping them out).

P.S.: I certainly wouldn't pay an extra $8 for only five new levels and four new enemies; devs, make it ten new levels and twenty new enemies, then I'll consider buying your new DLC, but only if it's seperate from the parent game. There's absolutely no way in Oblivion I'm buying this game now, even if it was something I'd be interested in.
gogtrial34987: Hey, Obsidian e.a.: that's how you treat existing customers!
Vythonaut: Or even better, treat them like CDPR (Witcher) or Squad (KSP) or Subset Games (FTL) and update the game without updating the price. ;)
I don't want to disappoint you, but when CDPR released the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 (17th April 2012) the base price increased from $40 to $50.
I have the same concerns that maybe the price rise it's steep compared to the added content. Again, I don't know the game, so it's just an impression I get from what I read. I am not saying that it isn't fair, just that it sounds too much for 5 levels. But if the sales are good, we end up again in the mechanism of having higher prices and waiting for sales to buy. The only difference is that early buyers had the chance to buy at a lower price, like it was some sort of launch price.

Two Worlds II is a different story. Because one thing is having politics that some might dislike, like raising the base price. While insulting the fan base or making them angry is a whole different matter (Armello)...
In defence of SK, the added content was amazing. Whole new game with new characters that played differently. The price difference seemed really justified to me.
Post edited February 22, 2018 by Dogmaus
To new purchasers of this game, do we get both the new version as well as the original World One added to our Library as Steam customers get, or is it "only" the new version?
Vythonaut: Or even better, treat them like CDPR (Witcher) or Squad (KSP) or Subset Games (FTL) and update the game without updating the price. ;)
PaterAlf: I don't want to disappoint you, but when CDPR released the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 (17th April 2012) the base price increased from $40 to $50.
In my defence, i came here two years later. :P Joking aside, regarding the facts about CDPR that you've brought to the table, i stand corrected!
amok: so, yeah, did we ever get the relation between this and Ruff'n'Tumble?
Man i loved that game but totally forget it existed.

I also agree with your views on this approach. If you bought the game you get the update for free, if you didn't buy the game you can still get it now at the original price (taking into account the discount) - so what's there to complain about?
Dogmaus: [...] insulting the fan base or making them angry is a whole different matter (Armello)[....]
So, you're saying that the developers of Armello insulted their fan-base, too? Damn, and it seemed like an interesting game, too...
Not interested in the game per se but came in to say that it's utterly stupid on part of the developers to raise prices AFTER launch. I mean, the hype, if there was any, is gone, and now there are other newer games that are being hyped up. Any price hikes will simply dissuade anyone from buying this game and push them to pick up something newer and more exciting. Just my $0.02
Post edited February 22, 2018 by anzial
high rated
What amuses me is that on the game page, the second biggest selling point for the new content is Hats! Forget extra levels and such like, you can collect 20 hats to customise your character! That's why we buy games!
Dogmaus: [...] insulting the fan base or making them angry is a whole different matter (Armello)[....]
Alarus-Sarthes: So, you're saying that the developers of Armello insulted their fan-base, too? Damn, and it seemed like an interesting game, too...
They enraged the community here so much that their incomplete version of the game was removed from the store. The so-called DRM-free version was off-line only, and they would not give the DLC to the GOG customer base too. They rather preferred to give a refund and leave GOG.
I think that escalated too much. They needed a PR to do the talking at least, and clear ideas about DRM and GOG. We are a growing number of customers, and a gaming community, I like to think. But still small numbers today compared to Steam, where people are not so fussy about what they are fed and how. GOG is like a vegan restaurant and Steam is some all-you-can-eat place. :)
So in the end devs can do without us, sad but true.
nightcraw1er.488: What amuses me is that on the game page, the second biggest selling point for the new content is Hats! Forget extra levels and such like, you can collect 20 hats to customise your character! That's why we buy games!
I know, right? Maybe I am too old to understand but I really can't see 12 years old me paying 20000 £ to buy a box with 5 floppy disks of hats for my Lemmings.
Post edited February 22, 2018 by Dogmaus
nightcraw1er.488: What amuses me is that on the game page, the second biggest selling point for the new content is Hats! Forget extra levels and such like, you can collect 20 hats to customise your character! That's why we buy games!
Dogmaus: I know, right? Maybe I am too old to understand but I really can't see 12 years old me paying 20000 £ to buy a box with 5 floppy disks of hats for my Lemmings.
The times they are a changing. Most 12 year olds today probably can't imagine not buying crap like that for their characters.
Breja: The times they are a changing. Most 12 year olds today probably can't imagine not buying crap like that for their characters.
Ever played a popular MMO on american servers? There are some 20-to-25-year-olds playing those games that act like whiny toddlers; on the flip-side, I once played with a ten-to-twelve-year-old kid who acted way more sensibly than some adults I know. This is why I stay north of the border: I have no use for cry-babies; most of the time, all they want is attention, and they're only spurred on to be attention-grabbing by 'false news' (as the american president loves to call it), which is called that because half of it is exaggerated, embelished, and dramatised, while the other half is completely fabricated to give the 'anchors' and the common people something to talk about. Local news programmes in america run from 4:30 to 7:00 local time, and the national/world news programmes run from 7:00 to 9:00 local time. Why? Because the corporations that own these outlets want them to, but there's just not enough real news that will get people talking for them to fill up those time-slots, so they make up half of the news and dramatise the rest.
Post edited February 22, 2018 by Alarus-Sarthes
guppy44: To new purchasers of this game, do we get both the new version as well as the original World One added to our Library as Steam customers get, or is it "only" the new version?
You get the new version and the original World One version :)
Alarus-Sarthes: So, you're saying that the developers of Armello insulted their fan-base, too? Damn, and it seemed like an interesting game, too...
They did. 4 years later, kickstarter backers are still waiting for their books also :(