It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become the Ultimate Vampire!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free.

Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
jorlin: I love the franchise, but I utterly despise the new Paradox.
Still a little bit less worse than EA, Activision/ Blizzard and Ubisoft, but not by much.
though I must admit that releasing the original Diablo DRM free gives some bonus points to ActiBlizz.
I'll probably have shaky hands and poor eyesight by the time Paradox will release a complete edition, if ever.
I won't buy games one atom at a time.
+1
Same for me, Paradox "politics" aren't very customer friendly anymore, esp. the Way they handle DLC/Adons.
But...the now hold the control over several games that i favor and to be honest..i don't use Steam, i avoid EA&Ubi 95% off the time...if i go to avoid Paradox too...theres not much left^^
Cool. This is a definitive wishlist, weont preorder this early though, maybe in 6 months or so when a video of actual gameplay is up.
No italian and polish language ? :-O
high rated
Reglisse: First person view only... Cross my fingers for them to change their mind
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-release-story-gameplay,3342009.html
(some quotes)

Key Facts about Bloodlines 2

Genre: Singleplayer RPG
Release: 1st quarter 2020, date shifts not excluded;
Currently, Bloodlines 2 is in pre-alpha.

Scope: Paradox speaks of 25 to 30 hours of playtime for the first run as a "reasonable completionist" who plays through the story and explores most corners of the game world, but does not turn over every single pebble.

Replayability: Paradox promises a high incentive for a second pass, because every decision, ability, and character value shall have consequences:
On available dialogue options, on possible scenes we can enter, and on the way NPCs deal with our character.

Technique: Vampires: Bloodlines 2 is based on the Unreal Engine 4 and does not look spectacular, but already pretty gloomy.

Modding: Bloodlines 2 will provide mod support, Paradox will offer directly to the release modding tools. "We want players to keep working on this great world," says Florian Schwarzer.

Ego Perspective: We play Bloodlines 2 exclusively in the first person view. The game will only switch into third-person-perspective, if we trigger in melee a special maneuver à la Roundhouse kick. Or, if we climb up somewhere.

More verticality: Speaking of climbing, this is now becoming more important: we walk up walls and pull ourselves up on protrusions and roof edges. "A vampire is a supernatural predator," says Florian Schwarzer, "an open window on the second floor is an invitation for him." This is also how we should move through the game world, roofs and courtyards become much more important.

Weapons: As in the predecessor, there is a smorgasbord of guns and firearms, which are now wearing out: At some point, every club and every gun breaks apart. The official rationale is that as a vampire we are just too strong for mortal weapons. Let's see how much that sucks later.

I hate wear and tear of weapons in games...it's always unrealistically, and it always sucks.
Hmm totally want to pre-order it but... no gameplay yet... and its 1 year away... i guess i can wait till i see some gameplay footage and its at least 3 months away.

EDIT: that said.. stuck in 1st person is a bad idea, i hope they can include a 3rd person view too.. i loved both 1st and 3rd person in VTMB.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Darkarhon
BreOl72: I hate wear and tear of weapons in games...it's always unrealistically, and it always sucks.
I usually do too, but that's when it's your main weapon that wears and tears. In this case it looks like mortal weapons are meant to be temporary buffs that you discard after use, like in a side-scroll brawler, and that your vampire abilities are your real main combat tools which weapons can supplement. Could work that way.

The rest sounds good for the most part as well. Paradox I recall working on making modding cross platform, so hopefully no mod workshop exclusivity. Unreal 4 means no processor at 100% constantly. Parkouring around could be fun. And decent playlength with lots of replayability makes sense considering they've already got DLC planned.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Fortuk
BreOl72: Weapons: As in the predecessor, there is a smorgasbord of guns and firearms, which are now wearing out: At some point, every club and every gun breaks apart. The official rationale is that as a vampire we are just too strong for mortal weapons. Let's see how much that sucks later.

I hate wear and tear of weapons in games...it's always unrealistically, and it always sucks.
Yeah, totally with you! I am really not sure if there a more annoying game-'features' but it's pretty high on the list.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by dyscode
no polish language in 2019? Is this a joke? LOL
reative00: Yeah Paradox, go fist yourself.
Hey, """at least""" they didn't do the Epic Store exclusive for a year thingy so I guess it's a *ahem* "plus"? :P
BreOl72: I hate wear and tear of weapons in games...it's always unrealistically, and it always sucks.
dyscode: Yeah, totally with you! I am really not sure if there a more annoying game-'features' but it's pretty high on the list.
Definitely! And I think, I would put the need to eat and drink in games right next to weapons wear-and-tear.
Fortuk: I usually do too, but that's when it's your main weapon that wears and tears. In this case it looks like mortal weapons are meant to be temporary buffs that you discard after use, like in a side-scroll brawler, and that your vampire abilities are your real main combat tools which weapons can supplement. Could work that way.

The rest sounds good for the most part as well. Paradox I recall working on making modding cross platform, so hopefully no mod workshop exclusivity. Unreal 4 means no processor at 100% constantly. Parkouring around could be fun. And decent playlength with lots of replayability makes sense considering they've already got DLC planned.
I can see that angle. Like in ONI, where guns are only exist to help you out of a short term tight spot but never ever enough ammo. But this was a major part of the design and not a checklist-feature.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by dyscode
BreOl72:
Gah @ 1st person and, even more so, weapon wear. That's always a major issue in a game. And don't care for guns, give me "magic" (in whatever form) and melee.
BreOl72: Modding: Bloodlines 2 will provide mod support, Paradox will offer directly to the release modding tools. "We want players to keep working on this great world," says Florian Schwarzer.
I guess that means third person view will come soon after release as mod. I prefer first person myself finding more immersive.
dyscode: Yeah, totally with you! I am really not sure if there a more annoying game-'features' but it's pretty high on the list.
BreOl72: Definitely! And I think, I would put the need to eat and drink in games right next to weapons wear-and-tear.
Oh, now THAT is an ugly one! :)
BreOl72: Definitely! And I think, I would put the need to eat and drink in games right next to weapons wear-and-tear.
Depends on how it's done. If it's constantly nagging it's an annoyance.