It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is now available for pre-order. Buy Trine 4 before release to get access to special bonus level - Toby's Dream.

The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Magmarock: Good question. dunno maybe I'm expecting something to change or maybe I just like exposing the Linux community.
Poor you. What a pathetic and impossible life-goal.
low rated
Magmarock: Good question. dunno maybe I'm expecting something to change or maybe I just like exposing the Linux community.
Lifthrasil: Poor you. What a pathetic and impossible life-goal.
Still makes me higher then a Linux fan boy :P
adamhm: I call bullshit here. The exact steps I followed were:
DUDE look at the screenshot again https://imgur.com/a/RtXOlCY

Do you see the "install Linux Mint" icon on the left side of the screen? No, because it isn't there. It was installed from a 64Bit iso into VMware workstation. What do you want. You want me to record the desktop for you. I said I don't want to waste anymore time on this.
Post edited August 31, 2019 by Magmarock
Magmarock: Do you see the "install Linux Mint" icon on the left side of the screen? No, because it isn't there. It was installed from a 64Bit iso into VMware workstation. What do you want. You want me to record the desktop for you. I said I don't want to waste anymore time on this.
And again I have to call bullshit because that has NEVER happened on any system real or virtual that I've installed it into, and out of everyone else that I've suggested it to you're the only one that's ever had that problem. The only cases where I've encountered that issue are the live environment and a dodgy premade VM image.

(also you can remove the "install Linux Mint" icon from the live environment's desktop, and if persistence is enabled it'll stay gone)
Post edited August 31, 2019 by adamhm
Lifthrasil: Poor you. What a pathetic and impossible life-goal.
Magmarock: Still makes me higher then a Linux fan boy :P
Others use pot to get high. But if arguing an invalid case is your drug, well, go on. Whatever floats your boat. Have fun.
low rated
Magmarock: Still makes me higher then a Linux fan boy :P
Lifthrasil: Others use pot to get high. But if arguing an invalid case is your drug, well, go on. Whatever floats your boat. Have fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ow4X8tiMI

Magmarock: Do you see the "install Linux Mint" icon on the left side of the screen? No, because it isn't there. It was installed from a 64Bit iso into VMware workstation. What do you want. You want me to record the desktop for you. I said I don't want to waste anymore time on this.
adamhm: And again I have to call bullshit because that has NEVER happened on any system real or virtual that I've installed it into, and out of everyone else that I've suggested it to you're the only one that's ever had that problem. The only cases where I've encountered that issue are the live environment and a dodgy premade VM image.

(also you can remove the "install Linux Mint" icon from the live environment's desktop, and if persistence is enabled it'll stay gone)
Okay despite saying that I wouldn't waste anymore time I this I did. I ran a few more tests and have an answer for you. Though I don't think you deserve it. If you install Linux mint offline the meta-package won't work. I often install Linux offline because it goes in faster and then switch to a local mirror for updating post install. That's why the meta package didn't work.
Post edited August 31, 2019 by Magmarock
Magmarock: I really don't like you nor do I like wasting time on Linux but I do own up to things. So I tested the meta-package again and this time in worked. Though I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it's an intermittent fault.
Well this is actually quite interesting. [Edit: I see you already found this out yourself while I was writing this post] If the system is installed offline and hasn't been given an updated package list by another means then it fails as per your screenshot - but once the package list has been updated it works fine. This went unnoticed because I don't typically do offline installs and installing all available updates is one of the first things I do on a fresh install.

From what you've said here it sounds like this is what happened in your case, so I apologise for calling that bullshit and I'll update the package information to warn other users in future :)

Magmarock: If you install Linux mint offline the meta-package won't work.
A meta-package is merely a dummy package that "depends" on bunch of other packages; it doesn't actually install any files itself. This is an easier way to install a selection of packages than typing out a long command listing them all, or installing them one-by-one. I've previously detailed ways to download packages for offline install, which would include the packages referenced by this one.

Magmarock: Anyway I'm not changing my mind on this I'm sticking to windows until Linux ditches the repository and overhauls dependency management.
That's fine; you should use what you want to use. Everyone should use whatever they like best :)
Post edited August 31, 2019 by adamhm
Those interested will find this video of most use
Trine 4 the Nightmare prince
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uB1P7h1MJI
BeatriceElysia: Those interested will find this video of most use
Nice info, watching it bring some smile to my face :)
BeatriceElysia: Those interested will find this video of most use
Thanks. Already pre-ordered and really looking forward to this.
I have a standing pre-order for the Ultimate Collection through... ugh, Gamestop. Part of what lit the fire was having the soundtracks available to download, but as I found out through the Steam discussion forum for the game, the soundtracks are going to be MP3 only which cheeses the onions a bit given the collection's price. I still have a short window before the order is officially processed though so I'm waffling around canceling and saving a bit of money to just grab the fourth game that I don't already happen to own and begrudgingly dumping $20+ through Gumroad to get the music to the games in a format that I could actually use and care to keep around.