It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is now available for pre-order.

Hidden in the shadows, an evil has waited patiently. Until now. Who will face the darkness if not you? A heroic adventure featuring 50+ hours of gameplay, 350 speaking parts, a Legacy Mode for returning fans, and over 100 pieces of incredible music!

The Director’s Cut brings more character customization options, new items, new enemies, revised UI, and a free expansion dungeon.

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut - Deluxe Edition includes plenty of digital goodies, including a free copy of The Bard's Tale Trilogy

Notice: All current owners of The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep will receive the Director's Cut for free upon release.
I'm glad we have a release date now, the store page shows August 27, 2019.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by MikeMaximus
Any chance for an option to upgrade from Standard to Deluxe, especially if you own the original Non-DC Standard version?
Post edited July 11, 2019 by Swedrami
What version of the Bard's Tale IV will the owners receive of the Director's Cut? The Deluxe or Standard.
Fosterinn: What version of the Bard's Tale IV will the owners receive of the Director's Cut? The Deluxe or Standard.
I can't be 100% certain but knowing how they have done things for years it's almost certainly the standard version. I don't expect an upgrade path to add Deluxe either but it would be a nice surprise.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
Are the Mac/Linux versions going to be here? They said "We’re targeting late summer for a Steam release of the Director’s Cut on Windows, Mac, and Linux."
I’m gonna be that guy, but... I hope they finally go the extra mile and add Achievements to the GOG release... great for replay value
Well, I really do hope that InXile will go back to visit Tides of Numenera once again afterwards as well. Both for patches as well as missing rewards...
(the game and the backers would deserve it)

...but well, I only hope for it. I don´t think they will... :(
How was this game? It looks absolutely gorgeous and since it seems like I'll never get a shot at playing Might and Magic X this looks like a pretty good placeholder.

Deep? Interesting? Funny tongue in cheek humor at times too right?
Ixamyakxim: How was this game? It looks absolutely gorgeous and since it seems like I'll never get a shot at playing Might and Magic X this looks like a pretty good placeholder.

Here is the open critic page for Bard's Tale IV

https://opencritic.com/game/6588/the-bard-s-tale-iv-barrows-deep

scored an average of 64
Fosterinn: What version of the Bard's Tale IV will the owners receive of the Director's Cut? The Deluxe or Standard.
ChrisGamer300: I can't be 100% certain but knowing how they have done things for years it's almost certainly the standard version. I don't expect an upgrade path to add Deluxe either but it would be a nice surprise.
I would like it to be based off the version that we originally bought with Bard Tale IV.
Ixamyakxim: How was this game? It looks absolutely gorgeous and since it seems like I'll never get a shot at playing Might and Magic X this looks like a pretty good placeholder.

wolfsite: Here is the open critic page for Bard's Tale IV

scored an average of 64
Huh - kind of a bummer - was it for nostalgia reasons (I miss Bard's Tale in ASCII! And the gorgeous game from 2017 won't run on my P2 like the first one did - optimization sucks!) or stupid political stuff (1 of 4,356 NPCs is a lesbian mer!)

Or it just flat out a pretty mediocre game?
wolfsite: Here is the open critic page for Bard's Tale IV

scored an average of 64
Ixamyakxim: Huh - kind of a bummer - was it for nostalgia reasons (I miss Bard's Tale in ASCII! And the gorgeous game from 2017 won't run on my P2 like the first one did - optimization sucks!) or stupid political stuff (1 of 4,356 NPCs is a lesbian mer!)

Or it just flat out a pretty mediocre game?
Did a quick look through some of the reviews and many of the negatives come from performance and design issues so those may have been patched up since the reviews were done. Other issues seem to be with some puzzles and not being friendly to new players.

Here is a video review by ACG (who I enjoy as a reviewer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKtdB78g6tI
wolfsite: Did a quick look through some of the reviews and many of the negatives come from performance and design issues so those may have been patched up since the reviews were done. Other issues seem to be with some puzzles and not being friendly to new players.

Here is a video review by ACG (who I enjoy as a reviewer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKtdB78g6tI
Thanks! Will check that one out (obtuse puzzles kill a game for me - I wanted to love Legend of Grimrock 2 so bad, but I'm pretty terrible at puzzles and just burned out despite being a huge fan of the concept. It wasn't fun to have Alt-Tab be a required keystroke in a game for me).
ChrisGamer300: I can't be 100% certain but knowing how they have done things for years it's almost certainly the standard version. I don't expect an upgrade path to add Deluxe either but it would be a nice surprise.
Well, at least inXile released a Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. I think they will do the same for The Bard's Tale IV.

Answering Fosterinn's question: I got a Digital Classic Edition of Wasteland 2 Director's Cut for owning Wasteland 2 Standard Edition. But, I don't know how they treated owners of Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition.