It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Under the domes.

Surviving Mars is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pre-order to get a Stellaris-themed dome set in-game.
It's hard to call it "the red planet" anymore. Thanks to some ingenious work on the infrastructure, the domed retro-futuristic settlements are ticking away happily, providing not only sustenance but also plenty of quality entertainment to your colonists. Except when a dust devil hits. Or a meteor shower. Or when a bunch of mysterious alien spheres starts hovering outside the domes. Well, time to put your crisis management skills to good use!

Grab the Deluxe Edition for the digital Art Book, a wallpaper, and several in-game rewards, or go for the First Colony Edition which also includes the game's Season Pass.
high rated
At first i was super excited when i saw it, then i noticed it's a Paradox game. As much as i'd love to get my hands on it, i'd rather wait until every bit & byte is released. Not feeling adventurous right now.
Enebias: Just out for preorder, the game has already three editions and a season pass.
Sweet huh? And that comparison chart *yuck!* feels like i'm buying a car or something.
high rated
qwixter: Exactly, check back in 2-3 years. I decided not to get it because they cut out music aka Radio and put it in the middle version. I generally do not care about digital extras like skins and cosmetics in a deluxe version, but the Radio thing kind of made up my mind.
I really have to pay more attention to detail: Paradox publishing this (which probably means a shitton of DLC), Season's Pass (with no apparent way to purchase that separately), and pre-order exclusives. Oh, and likely no upgrade path between editions, if history is any teacher.

*sigh* Still going to Wishlist it, but looks like this will indeed be a 2-3 year wait until everything' available in one package - and at a discount.
What would be the first step in terraforming Ḿars? Bombard it with asteroids to increase the gravity enough for it to hold an athmosphere?
I see I'm not alone in not liking Paradox's... questionable marketing strategies. I am relieved.
I say "questionable" because I am in no hurry to get banned.
high rated
Yep, Paradox and the DLC fests = a no buy for me. I was interested in the game until I saw that name attached to it as the publisher. After HoI IV and City skylines, I'm done.
high rated
Season pass?

pass
deleted
qwixter: I decided not to get it because they cut out music aka Radio and put it in the middle version. I generally do not care about digital extras like skins and cosmetics in a deluxe version, but the Radio thing kind of made up my mind.
That read to me like there is no in-game music unless you get the Deluxe Edition, but as far as I can see it's only one radio station in addition to many in the base version, is that right?
high rated
qwixter: Exactly, check back in 2-3 years. I decided not to get it because they cut out music aka Radio and put it in the middle version. I generally do not care about digital extras like skins and cosmetics in a deluxe version, but the Radio thing kind of made up my mind.
GR00T: I really have to pay more attention to detail: Paradox publishing this (which probably means a shitton of DLC), Season's Pass (with no apparent way to purchase that separately), and pre-order exclusives. Oh, and likely no upgrade path between editions, if history is any teacher.

*sigh* Still going to Wishlist it, but looks like this will indeed be a 2-3 year wait until everything' available in one package - and at a discount.
Yep, this pretty much sums up my sentiments too, which is a shame because I does look interesting, Paradox just really over does it.
deleted
Speaking of Paradox, King Arthur The Roleplaying Wargame has a manual and graphics options, and Stellaris... has neither. :/
Fairfox: i wish they could ha ve picked a planet with a nicer color scheme :/
Like planet Earth?
I didn't expect to see such a recent Paradox Interactive game. Well done, GOG.

(Yes, there is probably going to be a DLC cascade. But I think it's great that a DRM-free alternative is offered for those who don't mind.)
Cool ideas and gripping trailer. Looking forward to this one!

Also, Uranus is very satisfying ;)
Post edited February 28, 2018 by AlienMind
high rated
Themken: What would be the first step in terraforming Ḿars? Bombard it with asteroids to increase the gravity enough for it to hold an athmosphere?
Mars' mass is not too much of a problem, it could hold a higher concentration of CO2. So, first step I think, we'd need to increase CO2 in the atmosphere to increase the greenhouse effect. But for that you'd need some kind of plants or algae or bacteria that can "breath out" CO2 and that can survive with little to no liquid water (unfortunately we never seemed to prove beyond a doubt that Mars contains water) and oxygen.

Now, increasing oxygen levels would come later...

PS. I'm a professional astronomer, PhD and all, but this is completely different than my chosen field of research.

EDIT: Of course, if we were a much more advanced civilization, we could terraform ir like Earth was... bombarding it with comets full of water. :)
Post edited February 28, 2018 by GenlyAi