It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Strategy never looked so beautiful.

<span class="bold">Sudden Strike 4</span>, the new entry in the beloved RTS series that drops you straight into the chaotic battlefields of WWII, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount. Buy now to get the Sudden Strike Trilogy plus the OST, artbook, and an exclusive skirmish map as pre-order bonuses.

Nine different commanders await your orders, as you guide either the Allies, the Soviets, or the Germans through this massive conflict that shattered the world. Use their unique individual abilities and your well-placed units to counter your opponents' strategies and conquer over 20 challenging scenarios before you take on your friends, either online or via LAN.

The pre-order bonuses last until the game's expected release on August 11.
The Sudden Strike trilogy will be made available to download before that time.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ujd7kqs_ylk?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited June 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
adamhm: And once again, a game has a Linux version on Steam but no Linux version here
+1 for linux support from me. I won't buy it on steam, and won't buy it unless I can play on linux.
IDK, 40+ EUR is a showstopper - I prefer supporing indie dev studios (~< 20 EUR). OTOH I preordered Civ6, for the sake of old times...

Then, it's a DE dev - sold.

Edit: unlocked Double Dragon Trio <NF5B51F763D3F49E94> - help yourself.
Post edited July 01, 2017 by i_ni
This is not the first game, but, why is there no Linux support for it when there is Linux support on Steam?
Wishlisted. Might buy it for a discounted price if the reviews are good.

I'd buy the original trilogy though.
Been a long time but wasnt the SS series more known for its multitude of units (rush rush) as compared to the COH series (fewer units more tactical)?.
DF1871: ...Orion 3, Gothic 3, DAO 2,...if you're right i can just add a new game to my list of games that destroyed a "good name"
trusteft: To be fair, the latest MOO is a good game.
I only played 1-3, 3 ...it just had not much in commen with 2, as a standalone game it would be above average, maybe even good..but as a Orion...

But..back to Topic, we're drifting away ;)
Hmm I'm probably steering away from the pre-order until I hear reviews.

No mention if the Soundtrack will have a FLAC version or not. Can't pre-order for that reason alone (might end up with MP3 only)
Painted_Doll: * silence off *
http://steamcommunity.com/app/373930/discussions/0/360671583798077617/

What engine does Sudden Strike 4 use?
Sudden Strike 4 uses the Unity 3D engine.
Painted_Doll: Also : http://steamcommunity.com/app/373930/discussions/0/1354868867719819563

Not worth the money . Wait for the Gog version of the first 3 games .

* silence on *
ouch that doesn't sound good. I mean for an "arcade" feeling there is no use to purchase a new game for an AA price then ^^ - only reason to buy this game over older ones would be an improved realism/more depth rather than less imho
Painted_Doll: * silence off *
http://steamcommunity.com/app/373930/discussions/0/360671583798077617/

Also : http://steamcommunity.com/app/373930/discussions/0/1354868867719819563

Not worth the money . Wait for the Gog version of the first 3 games .

* silence on *
DieGans: definitely not buying after reading that.
unity ?
Unity usually underperforms resulting in older machines like i5 750 quadcore (my machine) in extreme high cpu usage

i have a dozen or so games that were written in unity and 11 of them perform extremely bad...
The game is >40 euros ? no way....
25 euros is my limit (lords of xulima's first release price was 25 euros)
I rather have more simpler games here like indie games, or better tons of Goof Old Games, havent seen many lately, seems we only get new games served lately .....

I have blitzkrieg games and these are the limit cause i'd rather had the old c&c games classic (not the 3d games they are bad) or the age of empires 1+2 ( classic) but these will never come.....

So i will save lots of cash i guess..............
robertgg: Pre-order and with regional discriminating prices.

Not even if the company's life depended on it.
only if it were games i :

- like to play ( no 3d, no fpp no racing,not too many flashy ligntning effects or explosions)
- can play on my old machine without overeheating my cpu
max 25 euros ...

tbh the newest games that arrived an will arrive are not on my list, they are to modern i want Good Old games please
and lately i havent seen many..... new games can be aquired anywhere, but i love old games.....

So i hope to see a huge revival of old games, not only 1 poor old game every thursday..... i want to buy buy buy games ....( old games)

I did not buy during last summer sales or the previous sales cause there is nothing i dont already have....
This year was a sad year.... for me ... as a gamer , cause only a few old games were released, the few that were have a very limited colorpallete ( unplayable for me) : Codename: ICEMAN and The Colonel's Bequest

Anyway its a good thing i also like casual games, been playing that for the last 10 years cause the current game that were developed the last decade are not my type and i already have all classic like jagged alliance, commandos, fallout, and all those really good old games ....
Post edited July 03, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Well... GOG lost that DRM-filled MMO crap called Blitzkrieg 3, but won the Sudden Strike series. Nice ! :)
Will wait for release, reviews, and clarification of several questions raised in this thread.

But the mention of LAN play ought to make a number of folks happy. Curious to see what is meant by "online", though: client-only, or does that include direct-connection options or player hosting?
trusteft: To be fair, the latest MOO is a good game.
DF1871: I only played 1-3, 3 ...it just had not much in commen with 2, as a standalone game it would be above average, maybe even good..but as a Orion...

But..back to Topic, we're drifting away ;)
I was talking about the 4th one. I avoided playing the 3rd one.
I will only buy Sudden Strike or Blitzkrieg after they go back to 2.5D and you control a shit load of units without no fucking performance issues.

Seriously sudden strike 2 is better than this..
Post edited July 05, 2017 by deathmachinept
I bought it for Sudden Strike Trilogy but it's still not there :S
Skysect: I bought it for Sudden Strike Trilogy but it's still not there :S
Maybe we have luck today. :/