It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

See no evil, hear all evil.

<span class="bold">Perception</span>, a first-person thriller about a blind woman exploring a mysterious mansion haunted by a dark presence, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 13% pre-order discount.

Your eyes can't help you but your other senses immediately kick in: especially that of self-preservation. Stay calm and the strange mansion at Echo Bluff will be slowly revealed to you as a sharp soundscape, painstakingly created through echolocation. Every sound could be a clue. Every movement, a looming threat. Every secret, a demon for you to conquer.

The 13% discount will last until May 30.

Watch the trailer with your eyes closed.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by maladr0Id
13%? WTF?!

Seems interesting though.
can't really tell if it will be decent or not, but, I'm leaning not

seems gimmicky and the voice acting (and the writing) was pretty poor: "hello? hello?"
Ooh, creepy dolls in a haunted McMansion, I'm trembling.
Reminds me of the freeware game The Devil's Tuning Fork that I've played some years ago.

I'm interested as I like the concept.
Would be interested in a DEMO to see if my graphics card likes the game.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by gixgox
Definitely instabuy, thank you, GOG :)
gixgox: Would be interested in a DEMO to see if my graphics card likes the game.
Specs are definitely on a low side of the spectrum, so I wouldn´t really be afraid about that.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by Tarhiel
Mhm... There are a couple of longish gameplay vids around, and it looks like the game will be a bit on the jump-scary side of things (maybe not surprising, when the core game mechanic is based on the player not being able to see properly). The player character also seems to be the chatty sort - I for one would be grateful if it was possible to turn that off, since I find it rather immersion-breaking.
That said, I'm quite interested, but I will definitely wait until reviews come in or there is a playable demo.

Edit:
Huh, guess I wasn't the only one ;)
From the Kickstarter page:

"June 23 - Silent Night Mode!
Based on fan feedback, we decided to add a mode that let's players choose between playing as Cassie as we intended or a version who speaks only for plot critical lines."

Well done, devs.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by WildHobgoblin
Wow, gog,

What the heck happenned with the price? It's regionally priced now and like 5 euros more.
Funny, one of her lines reminded me of the game Harvester:

Perception: "What do you want from me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJlcUO3jYE&amp;t=31s

Harvester: "What do you people want from me?"
https://youtu.be/VbpN0li0i2I?t=7s
Bill Gardner - During his twelve-years at Irrational, Bill designed award-winning levels such as BioShock’s “Welcome to Rapture” and “Fort Frolic”. ||| I'm sold at this point. "Fort Frolic" is one of best-designed game location ever. This name alone is giving me a reason to buy it.
Tarhiel: Definitely instabuy, thank you, GOG :)
gixgox: Would be interested in a DEMO to see if my graphics card likes the game.
Tarhiel: Specs are definitely on a low side of the spectrum, so I wouldn´t really be afraid about that.
Thanks.
My Nvidia is only GTS 450, but the other specs are okay.
The game is too expensive for an experiment.
I'll wait and see - meanwhile I'll pick a game from my backlog.
Engage in a deadly game of hide and seek with relentless enemies, including The Presence.
This word genuinely scares the hell out of me (especially in conjuction with the word "perception"). Looks like a nice game (similar to the other one with the LiDAR) but too nightmare-inducing for my tastes.
Crafted by a team of veteran PC and console developers (BioShock, BioShock Infinite, Dead Space),
So, where is the Bioshock series? It's a shame we've been missing them for so long.
A demo would be nice. Lacking that, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Rewarding pre ordering is like rewarding stupidity.