It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretty village, pretty flames.

<span class="bold">Kingdoms and Castles</span>, a building/strategy game where you expand your humble medieval villages into majestic, castle-crowned cities, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Medieval times were not the best environment to raise a city in: dragons, raiders, diseases, aggressive weather - they'll all try to bring it down. But follow a sensible design, keep your citizens in good health, build the odd wall if necessary, and you might give your village a fighting chance in this dynamic, unforgiving world.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_yODlvKKW-I
Post edited March 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
BmB: Title got my hopes up for a revival of Chris Taylor's unfinished Kings & Castles for a moment.
I sort of hope that Medieval Mayor somehow is resucrrected...
Considering I almost backed the crowdfunding campaign for this game, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope it turns out well.
j_roos: Fuck me, I just instantly hit PURCHASE as I loved the look of it and felt like trying something new - couldn't understand why I wouldn't download it, and that's when it hit me: "PRE-ORDER", doh!
Haha +1 for tremendous honesty!
PATIENCE, PADAWAN!
j_roos: Fuck me, I just instantly hit PURCHASE as I loved the look of it and felt like trying something new - couldn't understand why I wouldn't download it, and that's when it hit me: "PRE-ORDER", doh!
vicklemos: Haha +1 for tremendous honesty!
PATIENCE, PADAWAN!
Yeah well.. I ended up watching Lets Plays of this game on Youtube instead of finishing my Witcher 3 game, so I guess I'll just have to wait for Q2 release and hope it releases according to schedule -- whenever that is ;-)
Just echoing that this game is definitely interesting but I'm wishlisting because of the lack of UI/gameplay demos and no solid release date. Looking forward to the launch!
If it really bothers you GoG refunds pre-orders no questions asked.
If its only Build and Defend then its rather disappointing, would be nice if you could raid the Vikings back and take back your people
j_roos: Yeah well.. I ended up watching Lets Plays of this game on Youtube instead of finishing my Witcher 3 game
o_O
wow, so it's like you bought the Porsche 911 Carrera of games and let some punk drive for ya!?! :P
okay when do we get to play the grate looking game I have just paid for??
Um it's July. You guys have had my 13 bucks for longer than it takes most games to do a major update. I'm tired of this game before I get to play it.

(updates) OK, now it's out and I quite like it! Good game so far.
Post edited July 21, 2017 by Old333
As much as I like the look of this game, I'm not going to pre-ordering. It's better if I wait and see if it's any good before paying full price for it.
Just a FYI, release date was slated as July 18th - now delayed a couple of days longer.

20th July is current release date.