It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretty village, pretty flames.

<span class="bold">Kingdoms and Castles</span>, a building/strategy game where you expand your humble medieval villages into majestic, castle-crowned cities, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Medieval times were not the best environment to raise a city in: dragons, raiders, diseases, aggressive weather - they'll all try to bring it down. But follow a sensible design, keep your citizens in good health, build the odd wall if necessary, and you might give your village a fighting chance in this dynamic, unforgiving world.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_yODlvKKW-I
Post edited March 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
More pre-orders. Unsure how I feel about it.

My inner pyromaniac though likes the tagline of this news item.
I like the look and sound of this one. And that's a fairly reasonable price too.

Wishlisted for now.
Not so nuts about the art style personally, but this does look like it could be hella fun.
Sounds likeable, something like Banished with better defined goal, but the graphics looks significantly worse. And without any incentive to preorder, there is no reason to not wait until after release and after some reviews are available.
Post edited March 10, 2017 by huan
I'm not going to preorder anything, but I love the look of it, so I'll take my chances missing out on any bonuses and pick it up when it comes out.
Pre-order with no stated release date? Pass.

Wishlisted and we'll see when it drops.
high rated
I concur with what people have said on here, I almost bought it.

But without
a) any pre order incentives
b) date of release

there is really no incentive to pre order and not wait for release and read some reviews. The price is good but we have no idea when this is coming out sadly.

Looks fantastic though.
The sys reqs are ridiculously high, as usual with indie games.
Looks good, price is fab & all, but still not until it's released.
Still waiting on vikings wolves thingy...lesson learnt :/
high rated
Hi everyone!

For release date, internally we're aiming for Q2 2017, which means some time within April - June. But, we don't have an exact date yet.

As for system requirements, we're in alpha right now and a quick survey of our alpha players showed that while the game runs just fine, they all had really beefy machines.

We'll be doing a lot of performance improvements between now and release, but just in case I wanted to be on the safe side with the sys reqs. For final release the sys reqs will most likely be lower and we'll be updating them accordingly later on.
high rated
Can we get more screen shots of the UI/menus, rather than generic shots of the same thing at different angles? The UI says more about the game's play/depth typically than anything else.
Looks promising!

petey123567: Hi everyone!

For release date, internally we're aiming for Q2 2017, which means some time within April - June. But, we don't have an exact date yet.

As for system requirements, we're in alpha right now and a quick survey of our alpha players showed that while the game runs just fine, they all had really beefy machines.

We'll be doing a lot of performance improvements between now and release, but just in case I wanted to be on the safe side with the sys reqs. For final release the sys reqs will most likely be lower and we'll be updating them accordingly later on.
Thanks for the clarification! I wonder why the trailer shows 'pre-alpha' footage if the release date is so near? Can we see the more recent gameplay?
mqstout: Can we get more screen shots of the UI/menus, rather than generic shots of the same thing at different angles? The UI says more about the game's play/depth typically than anything else.
Oh god yes! I greatly dislike when a game only provides cinematic screenshots. Show me the UI and I will be less hesitant about buying it. No doubt this is why gameplay videos are so good.
zeffyr: Looks promising!

petey123567: Hi everyone!

zeffyr: Thanks for the clarification! I wonder why the trailer shows 'pre-alpha' footage if the release date is so near? Can we see the more recent gameplay?
Trailers are a ton of work (we're a small team so I end up recording/editing them myself) so we used one we made a little while ago. We'll be updating the trailer and screenshots closer to final release - and I'll be sure to include some shots of the menus when we do (as mqstout mentioned).

As for what recent gameplay/UI menus are like, there's a bunch of folks playing alpha builds on youtube. Of course, note that it is alpha so there will be some bugs :)