}

It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

arrow-down2arrowcart2close4fat-arrow-leftfat-arrow-rightfeedbackfriends2happy-facelogo-gognotificationnotifications-emptyownedremove-menusad-facesearch2wishlist-menuwishlisted2own_thingsheartstartick
Pre-order and play the Beta right now, only on GOG.com.

UPDATE: Say your prayers: Hellmut arrives at GOG on February 26! Pre-order here and get a free exclusive weapon - the GOG Galaxificator.

Reminder: The Beta, available immediately to everyone who pre-orders, has received one hell of an update! It brings new environments, characters, and boss fights, plus several fixes and improvements.

Hellmut: The Badass from Hell is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.
He's been to hell and back; that changed him. It still does, in fact, as Hellmut can transform himself into the Rat King, the Orc Fairy, and a bunch of other absurd oddities as he fights to eradicate any demon he comes across in this explosive dungeon crawler.

Pre-order to get the Soundtrack and Wallpapers for free (available at a later date), as well as access to the Closed Beta (available right away). The Beta will be receiving updates on a regular basis, so participants can see the game evolve and offer their feedback to the developers throughout the process.
Post edited December 08, 2017 by maladr0Id
Degica are better as publishers for shmups. Crimzon Clover is already here. Deathsmiles could fit right in. Oddly enough, it looks like they also did Code of Princess.
So I was watching a short gameplay video, and it looks when your health drops to 0, you don't die at first but get busted to a pre-evolved stage where you're basically a skull and a spine.
The_Gypsy: It's amazing how these pixel games manage to look worse than much older 2D titles.
https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Retro+indie_8721cf_5229455.png

People associate pixels with "retro" and "nostalgia", but it's the wrong kind of pixels.
pbaggers: I'm guessing the reason GOG rejected Degica's library is because it is like 99% RPG Maker games made using stock assets.
Degica are PC publishers for the god-tier shmup developer Cave, and GOG explicitly rejected Mushihimesama, along with the likes of Deathsmiles and Darius Burst.

We should have DoDonPachi Resurrection by now, but no, GOG curators are biased and willfully ignorant of genres like this.

The_Gypsy: It's amazing how these pixel games manage to look worse than much older 2D titles.
Caesar.: https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Retro+indie_8721cf_5229455.png

People associate pixels with "retro" and "nostalgia", but it's the wrong kind of pixels.
So true.

There are plenty of small studios who will go with giant style-less pixels not for any genuine artistic reason, but because it's cheaper than hiring artists, and I guarantee there are a lot of young hipsters that can't tell the difference ready to buy anything quote-unquote retro.
Post edited December 10, 2017 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: Degica are PC publishers for the god-tier shmup developer Cave, and GOG explicitly rejected Mushihimesama, along with the likes of Deathsmiles and Darius Burst.

We should have DoDonPachi Resurrection by now, but no, GOG curators are biased and willfully ignorant of genres like this.
What the hell. Really? We could have had CAVE shooters on GOG? They rejected the work of art that is Mushihimesama, and then they brought the steaming pile of turd that is Sine Mora?

Can you please link any sources or threads with evidence of this?

Shmups are one of my favorite genres. I only buy DRM-free games by principle, but after Desura closing, Humble Bundle being bought by IGN and GOG recently having shit-tier curation, I'm slowly considering opening a Steam account and/or getting back to torrents.
Post edited December 10, 2017 by Hollyhock
Hollyhock: What the hell. Really? We could have had CAVE shooters on GOG? They rejected the work of art that is Mushihimesama, and then they brought the steaming pile of turd that is Sine Mora?

Can you please link any sources or threads with evidence of this?
Here is GOG's response as posted by a Degica staffer.

Yes, GOG's reasoning is that people outside of Japan don't know the game, that shmup fans don't know their own genre.
Post edited December 10, 2017 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: Yes, GOG's reasoning is that people outside of Japan don't know the game, that shmup fans don't know their own genre.
Thanks.

I totally missed that. I guess I should be more active on the Shmups Forum.
Their definition of 'dungeon crawler' and mine are apparently two wildly different things.
Crimzon Clover World Ignition seems to remain the only Degica shooter here on GOG. Last I looked, it wasn't struggling for praise. Give it a go if you don't care too much about the lack of Deathsmiles here. It's a nonstop blast from start to finish(or death).
Preorder? Who in their right mind would -- I mean, what the --

... So anyways, I think twin-shooters is a great genre when it works (Robotron, Nex Machina) but absolutely not something you just buy blindly, especially not when combined with roguelike. I think the artwork looks pretty cool, but there's the risk that the eyecandy will spoil the clarity ... I'd never been able to judge this until I have actually played the thing.
I saw Studio Mudprints live stream Neuro Voider, once. It looked like a blast.
Okay. Maybe I'm thinking of a completely different publisher. I guess it's real shame that some gems in the Japanese indie scene are getting ignored by the curators here while crap like this passes just fine.

Now, GOG please don't get the idea of dropping your curators entirely and replacing them with a Steam Greenlight-esque system (please god no) but maybe consider bringing one or two of them over to this thread...
Well,
i was curios enouth to buy this... Alpha or Beta-Status Game and can say that its not worth the price (or any price?).
Even (or especially) for Nuclear Throne or Gungeon-Fans.

This one is extremely bland and unappealing.
The shooting, the movement and control of the figure is just too basic and boring.
With the weapons its kinda like an cheap copy of the whole weopon-system-idea of gungeon.
They are not as funny to look at or to use.
The enemys might look different from each other, but the behaviour is nearly the same (they just run into you when the distance is short enouth - AI???)

They could put a lot more work into it untli its release, but i dont think it would make a big difference.
Its quite ugly (and i usually like pixelart), but the biggest problem is its unoriginality.
I gave it about an hour and fought the 1. boss twice.
Now i dont fell any urge to give this another shot (maybe to its release..).

Maybe they do also an "back from hell" sorta thing like slain.
It would be hilarious if they do such a thing before the release.
This would be indeed original...

So be aware, this is not a very good game.
It might be already a game in some definition, but its not worth your time or money.
nornelesh: Well,
i was curios enouth to buy this... Alpha or Beta-Status Game and can say that its not worth the price (or any price?).
Even (or especially) for Nuclear Throne or Gungeon-Fans.

This one is extremely bland and unappealing.
The shooting, the movement and control of the figure is just too basic and boring.
With the weapons its kinda like an cheap copy of the whole weopon-system-idea of gungeon.
They are not as funny to look at or to use.
The enemys might look different from each other, but the behaviour is nearly the same (they just run into you when the distance is short enouth - AI???)

They could put a lot more work into it untli its release, but i dont think it would make a big difference.
Its quite ugly (and i usually like pixelart), but the biggest problem is its unoriginality.
I gave it about an hour and fought the 1. boss twice.
Now i dont fell any urge to give this another shot (maybe to its release..).

Maybe they do also an "back from hell" sorta thing like slain.
It would be hilarious if they do such a thing before the release.
This would be indeed original...

So be aware, this is not a very good game.
It might be already a game in some definition, but its not worth your time or money.
Thanks for buying Hellmut, your feedback is much appreciated! :)

We acknowledge there are still some issues with the gameplay therefore we launched beta so we can get the feedback from you.

The truth is that the core feature of the game - Transformations - is not easily to present in short part of the game which is included in the closed beta. The whole idea is that you can control multiple characters at once and switch between them in realtime. You can unlock new Transformation in Beta by completing the Challenge, but later you will be able to control more and more of the transformations at once which should improve the gameplay experience.

We are still iterating the gameplay, including AI and behavior so I hope it will improve a lot for the final release.

Once again thanks for your time and efforts with Hellmut, your feedback is much appreciated!
Hollyhock: That "trailer" is just a teaser.
Zoidberg: And has been released already. And they want to sell preorders with just that. :///
Sorry, this was a certain miscommunication between us and GOG. There were new videos added which were missing in GOG; were added. With Beta announcement we launched also Behind the scenes video how we made the sounds for Hellmut... So that's it, no teaser only, sorry for confusion :)