It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Blair Witch is now available for pre-order.

Blair Witch is a first-person, story-driven psychological horror game based on the cinematic lore of Blair Witch. It’s 1996. A young boy disappears in the Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. As Ellis, a former police officer with a troubled past, you join the search. What starts as an ordinary investigation soon turns into an endless nightmare as you confront your fears and the Blair Witch, a mysterious force that haunts the woods…
Linko64: rip pre-order, now the release date is lost in the woods with Josh
what happened? Do they just delay the game or is the company in jeopardy or what?
Linko64: rip pre-order, now the release date is lost in the woods with Josh
tfishell: what happened? Do they just delay the game or is the company in jeopardy or what?
Game was delayed to '2019', so pre-order was taken down and changed to 'notify me'.

No idea why there hasn't been a post in here by GoG staff or posts on socials though.

I assume the delay is GoG only given Steam lists 30th of August? Not much info around but one random post here - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/blair_witch_preorder_canceled
Post edited July 25, 2019 by Linko64
tfishell: what happened? Do they just delay the game or is the company in jeopardy or what?
Linko64: Game was delayed to '2019', so pre-order was taken down and changed to 'notify me'.

No idea why there hasn't been a post in here by GoG staff or posts on socials though.

I assume the delay is GoG only given Steam lists 30th of August? Not much info around but one random post here - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/blair_witch_preorder_canceled
But steam also only has a "wishlist" button. Shouldn't it also have a pre-purchase option, or something?
Or was it always like that since it appeared?
I just got this email from GOG:
"We regret to inform you that the DRM-free version of Blair Witch won't be released on GOG.COM on the global release day. We expect it to be available later in 2019. As such, we’re refunding your pre-order purchase of the game. The refund will be issued within the next couple of days to the original payment method.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to our GOG.COM Support."
If the delay means the devs are able to give GOG users full Galaxy support then I won't be too upset.
Hopefully not Epic exclusivity
Bump, I read somewhere the game is good but a buggy mess. Maybe it's not that bad that GOG release got delayed.
I hope this ends up being good.
high rated
I really can't comprehend what goes on in these people's heads. I really can't.

At least Ancestors Legacy had a good reason for the massive delay, since they needed to wrap their heads around multiplayer and Galaxy implementation. What excuses does this game have?

Why delay a gog release for your game, only to have it launch to little fanfare, mediocre reviews and a mixed Steam user score? Their best bet would have been to capitalise on any pre-release hype. Now that the game is out elsewhere, the lukewarm-at-best reactions pretty much ensure that most of the users here will go "Guess this doesn't look so hot after all - let's wait for a 50% discount at the very least." That's probably how long we'll have to wait until this game is out on gog, anyway.
fronzelneekburm: Why delay a gog release for your game, only to have it launch to little fanfare, mediocre reviews and a mixed Steam user score?
Because like 99% of devs/pubs refuse to treat DRM-free gamers as anything other than second-class customers. They happily accept lost sales and/or less profitable sales, to push the DRM platform versions. No, this is not necessarily rational on their part and is likely the opposite. But with a big release like this, it's pretty much expected that they would act this way. Pretty much all of them do. I'm more peeved that the game makes you play as a cop/ex-cop...don't understand why so many people need this (supposedly) comfortable trope.
fronzelneekburm: Why delay a gog release for your game, only to have it launch to little fanfare, mediocre reviews and a mixed Steam user score?
rjbuffchix: Because like 99% of devs/pubs refuse to treat DRM-free gamers as anything other than second-class customers. They happily accept lost sales and/or less profitable sales, to push the DRM platform versions. No, this is not necessarily rational on their part and is likely the opposite. But with a big release like this, it's pretty much expected that they would act this way. Pretty much all of them do. I'm more peeved that the game makes you play as a cop/ex-cop...don't understand why so many people need this (supposedly) comfortable trope.
I get your point, but you're basically saying that "they're doing it because they are simply THAT evil!" That strikes me as a bit of a too simplistic explanation.

After all, if they hate DRM-free so much, why tease the game here in the first place? They don't have any commitments or obligations to gog (that I know of), so why go through the trouble of announcing your game here, only pull out of the deal shortly afterwards and leave gog customers hanging. What purpose would that serve, other than rubbing it in and making yourselves look like assholes to this community. I don't get it.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by fronzelneekburm
rjbuffchix: [snip]
fronzelneekburm: I get your point, but you're basically saying that "they're doing it because they are simply THAT evil!" That strikes me as a bit of a too simplistic explanation.

After all, if they hate DRM-free so much, why tease the game here in the first place? They don't have any commitments or obligations to gog (that I know of), so why go through the trouble of announcing your game here, only pull out of the deal shortly afterwards and leave gog customers hanging. What purpose would that serve, other than rubbing it in and making yourselves look like assholes to this community. I don't get it.
I don't mean to argue that "they're simply that evil." It's more that "they're simply that uncaring towards DRM-free customers in contrast to DRM customers" in the following way. The devs here didn't entirely "pull out of the deal" and they are still releasing here, just who knows when, and it isn't a priority.

As grating as such behavior is, they're banking on the fact that DRM-free gamers are still interested in the game and will deal with the second-class treatment in order to get the game. In at least my case, they'd be right. I recognize that such behavior is par for the course and that I have to wait to get a version of a game I can accept buying.

That said, it's still definitely poor form but even if people started to boycott or raised a stink, I don't think it would matter. I don't think most devs care about making themselves look bad to this community, because this community is what they can turn around and deem "a vocal minority" which they can underserve or even outright not serve next time.

I'd rather have a game late that's DRM-free than an on-time DRMed version that is an automatic no-buy.
wow this looks good. never did see the old movie but it's always been talked about. i need to rectify that.
Post edited September 03, 2022 by trinitymasquerade