It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Big Apple is rotten to the core. Take a big bite.

<span class="bold">Beat Cop</span>, a retro-styled, nonlinear adventure about beating the odds and perils of 80's Brooklyn, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% pre-order discount!

From NY detective to traffic warden, it's a long way to fall. And Jack Kelly didn't exactly land on his feet, either. With the false murder accusations ruining both his life and career, his only ticket to a decent existence is working the mean Brooklyn streets while looking for the real culprits.

The 10% discount will last until the game's release on March 30.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vdOkJpBgs_I
Post edited March 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
almabrds: By "Everyone", of course I meant most of the people. And it certainly seems to be the case, otherwise a lot of people would've quoted me and shared their thoughts, asked me to clarify, etc.
muntdefems: I'm counting 4 people in this thread who did. 5 if I include myself. They may not be "a lot", but they're a hint that there was something 'odd' in your first post.
5 people isn't a lot to me.
I'm pretty sure much more than that have checked this release page.
But I'm not a blue, I can't check it.

almabrds: Very few didn't get it, and I think I explained well, in my previous post.
muntdefems: ...or simply ignored your post. Silence doesn't always mean acceptance.
I can't prove that most people understood my post, neither can you prove to me that they didn't.

And I'm not checking that picture, if you want to tell me something be straightforward and just write it down.
muntdefems: No, I'd bet everyone got that you thought the title of this game was about beating policemen. Some of the repliers were more polite than others, but it seems to me you clearly failed to communicate what you meant.
almabrds: By "Everyone", of course I meant most of the people. And it certainly seems to be the case, otherwise a lot of people would've quoted me and shared their thoughts, asked me to clarify, etc.
Not everyone opened this thread and read it, to begin with.
Very few didn't get it, and I think I explained well, in my previous post.
After all being done and said, I think editing my first post is unnecessary.
I'm not changing it.
I don't see any reason to edit any of your posts, but I also thought you were disgusted with the title because you misunderstood the meaning of the linguistics.
Not everyone opened this thread and read it, to begin with.
Very few didn't get it, and I think I explained well, in my previous post.
After all being done and said, I think editing my first post is unnecessary.
I'm not changing it.
musteriuz: I don't see any reason to edit any of your posts, but I also thought you were disgusted with the title because you misunderstood the meaning of the linguistics.
To be fair I could've used different words. But I'm glad you understood, in the end.
muntdefems: Okaaaay...
5 people isn't a lot, try asking 50 people to respond next time otherwise it was CLEARLY obviously a thing.
Cecco: No offense, but your English is. From Urban Dictionary:A beat cop is a police officer who walks, rides, cycles, or drives in a specific neighborhood, known as a “beat.”
almabrds: Instead of assuming things, you could've asked me why I think the title is awful.
Instead, you decided to question my intelligence. How mature you are, sir.
maladr0Id was polite, you could learn a thing or two with him.

It has nothing to do with my knowledge of the language...
Uh huh. lol
GOG.com: From NY detective to traffic warden, it's a long way to fall. And Jack Kelly didn't exactly land on his feet, either. With the false murder accusations ruining both his life and career, his only ticket to a decent existence is working the mean Brooklyn streets while looking for the real culprits.
...Does nobody else think it a little strange that this character -- a cop -- is suspected of having murdered someone, and, rather than being suspended (or fired) during what I'm assuming is a period of investigation, he apparently just received a demotion at work?
"That's it, Kelly! I've had it up to HERE with these complaints I've gotten about you murdering people! The department's received FIVE this month!...No, I don't wanna hear it! Until further notice, you're on traffic detail! [sigh] You're just lucky everyone respects and trusts the police so much. We won't need to suspend you, 'cause the public's apparently OK with having accused murderers continue to work as cops, as long as they're not detectives."
:D
Smannesman: Could be interesting, but I'm so tired of this "retro-styled" BS.
I have to agree. At first it was fun, but now its just getting old and lazy.
After watching the trailer, the game looks amazing.. Reminds me of KGB by Cryo, but with GTA1/2-style mechanics.

I agree that while the art palette is fitting, the pixelated style should've been less pixelated.
looks like it could be fun tho im not sure about the time management elements, those usually get on my nerves as i like to look and explore
BranjoHello: I keep a lazy eye on this one, it could turn out to be very good.
I've been watching a LP of this in the past couple days, it looks a good game, if you're not the type that get's annoyed with this type of humor.
I don't mind sillyness, FO2 is full of crazy shit, like Deathclaws which speak like human beings and a quest which results in a town covered by bovine shit.
Decided to buy this, a dev which insn't intimidated by today's media and does humor like he wants to deserves some support, and the game seems fun enough.