It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Big Apple is rotten to the core. Take a big bite.

<span class="bold">Beat Cop</span>, a retro-styled, nonlinear adventure about beating the odds and perils of 80's Brooklyn, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% pre-order discount!

From NY detective to traffic warden, it's a long way to fall. And Jack Kelly didn't exactly land on his feet, either. With the false murder accusations ruining both his life and career, his only ticket to a decent existence is working the mean Brooklyn streets while looking for the real culprits.

The 10% discount will last until the game's release on March 30.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vdOkJpBgs_I
Post edited March 30, 2017 by maladr0Id
almabrds: The game title is disgusting.
But the trailer made me curious about it, perhaps I'll buy it.
Who knows, maybe it's a good game with awful name, like N64 Banjo-Kazooie.
No offense, but your English is. From Urban Dictionary:A beat cop is a police officer who walks, rides, cycles, or drives in a specific neighborhood, known as a “beat.”
low rated
That must be cultural.

Up here "beat cop" is a common term for any policeman on patrol and "beat" is the term for where he or she is patrolling.

He's 'walking a beat'. He's a 'beat cop'. It's not considered sick or offensive.

"I'm a cop, and this is my beat, downtown Detroit." Stuff like that.

NINJAD!

And by someone who is much more eloquent than myself. :P
Post edited March 23, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: NINJAD!

I like your definition. And I don't like "outraged" reactions of people who can't even check. These days whatever you do someone is gonna be "triggered".
Post edited March 23, 2017 by Cecco
low rated

Cecco: I like your definition. And I don't like "outraged" reactions of people who can't even check. This days whatever you do someone is gonna be "triggered".
Of course, right now I'm playing "Party Hard", a game that rewards you for blowing up the police. :P

Actually later on, you get to go on rampages AS the police, but that's OT here.
deleted
Why? The way I understand it it's a play on words: you're a beat cop (=an officer who patrols a certain territory and develops ties with the local community) who's also been "beat" by life, as in disgraced for a crime he didn't commit.

I find the title rather clever, actually.
low rated
maladr0Id: Why? The way I understand it it's a play on words: you're a beat cop (=an officer who patrols a certain territory and develops ties with the local community) who's also been "beat" by life, as in disgraced for a crime he didn't commit.

WOW

Mind blown. :P
maladr0Id: Why? The way I understand it it's a play on words: you're a beat cop (=an officer who patrols a certain territory and develops ties with the local community) who's also been "beat" by life, as in disgraced for a crime he didn't commit.

tinyE: WOW

IKR

No no no, just few posts before you said you wanna blow something else :)
low rated

Tarhiel: No no no, just few posts before you said you wanna blow something else :)
Well shit, I do that so many times a day I lose track.
Smannesman: Could be interesting, but I'm so tired of this "retro-styled" BS.
Same here. Thought the concept could be interesting, but the style is heavily overused in my opinion.
tinyE:
Your new avatar caught me off guard. Impostor!!

Cecco: I like your definition. And I don't like "outraged" reactions of people who can't even check. These days whatever you do someone is gonna be "triggered".
I'm not. But you sure wish I was triggered, don't you?

Cecco: No offense, but your English is. From Urban Dictionary:A beat cop is a police officer who walks, rides, cycles, or drives in a specific neighborhood, known as a “beat.”
Instead of assuming things, you could've asked me why I think the title is awful.
Instead, you decided to question my intelligence. How mature you are, sir.
maladr0Id was polite, you could learn a thing or two with him.

It has nothing to do with my knowledge of the language. I dislike the title because it's so generic to add the word 'Cop', in a game where they appear. And not just for video games, in other medias, as well.
An excellent movie about a NY cop is called 'Serpico'. There's no excuse to lazily throw a 'cop' in the name, even if the protagonist is one. Serpico, the Cop (1973). No, just no.

Feel free to disagree, but be respectful, ok? It's my opinion.

Thanks.
low rated
Cecco: I like your definition. And I don't like "outraged" reactions of people who can't even check. These days whatever you do someone is gonna be "triggered".
almabrds: I'm not. But you sure wish I was triggered, don't you?

Cecco: No offense, but your English is. From Urban Dictionary:A beat cop is a police officer who walks, rides, cycles, or drives in a specific neighborhood, known as a “beat.”
almabrds: Instead of assuming things, you could've asked me why I think the title is awful.
Instead, you decided to question my intelligence. How mature you are, sir.
maladr0Id was polite, you could learn a thing or two with him.

It has nothing to do with my knowledge of the language. I dislike the title because it's so generic to add the word 'Cop', in a game where they appear. And not just for video games, in other medias, as well.
An excellent movie about a NY cop is called 'Serpico'. There's no excuse to lazily throw a 'cop' in the name, even if the protagonist is one. Serpico, the Cop (1973). No, just no.

Feel free to disagree, but be respectful, ok? It's my opinion.

Thanks.
Hey, I was polite! :D
So, not a dance game then...