It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
Kabuto: time to go the Stadia route
Sure - if you don't care about actually owning what you're paying (full price) for, on a doomed platform that might not be around anymore in the short to mid-term.
Kabuto: time to go the Stadia route
Swedrami: Sure - if you don't care about actually owning what you're paying (full price) for, on a doomed platform that might not be around anymore in the short to mid-term.
Honestly I don't believe I'll mind if I go this route. No hardware to buy, no clutter and instant access is very appealing. I've been playing Sniper Elite 4 through Stadia (pro free trial) wirelessly recently (granted the router is three feet away) and it's been quite smooth. I've always liked the concept of Stadia, just stayed away after that disastrous launch until they got their s*** together. Personally, I think they finally seem to be headed in the right direction. Only time will tell if it's ultimately doomed.
Swedrami: Sure - if you don't care about actually owning what you're paying (full price) for, on a doomed platform that might not be around anymore in the short to mid-term.
Kabuto: Honestly I don't believe I'll mind if I go this route. No hardware to buy, no clutter and instant access is very appealing. I've been playing Sniper Elite 4 through Stadia (pro free trial) wirelessly recently (granted the router is three feet away) and it's been quite smooth. I've always liked the concept of Stadia, just stayed away after that disastrous launch until they got their shit together. Personally, I think they finally seem to be headed in the right direction. Only time will tell if it's ultimately doomed.
I get the appeal of not having to provide the hardware yourself (in particular if you're not that tech-savvy) and the conveeeeeenience, of course.
But paying 60 for something whose access is severely limited in both infrastructure (proprietary) and method (online-only + above average connectivity) and that you can't even make a backup copy of, in case the infrastructure and/or the method for accessing is not available?

As much as I couldn't care less about either service, but GeForce Now (which has been confirmed for Galaxy last week, icymi) just connecting to and streaming from an already existing library seems the way better solution in this regard.
Swedrami: As much as I couldn't care less about either service, but GeForce Now (which has been confirmed for Galaxy last week, icymi) just connecting to and streaming from an already existing library seems the way better solution in this regard.
Biggest issue with GeForce now is the play session caps, 1 hour on the free tier, 6 hours on the highest paid tier. There is something also to be said about specific versions being made for Stadia to try and ensure the best streaming experience possible.

Cyberpunk is one of the most anticipated releases in history. It's bound to get rereleased several times over the next decade and also feature prominently in sales over that span too so needing to own a copy in for fear it won't be available anymore is moot in this particular instance (not to mention in 3-4 years time a DLC encrusted edition will likely be had for $20-$30).
Post edited November 27, 2020 by Kabuto
RIP Devil
Attachments:
Cyberpunk 2077 will have a robust in-game photo mode, allowing players to capture their favorite moments in Night City! :) I've been concerned about whether or not my rig could handle playing Cyberpunk 2077 and now I'm beginning to wonder if my PC can even handle Photo Mode. LOL!
matterbandit: Cyberpunk 2077 will have a robust in-game photo mode, allowing players to capture their favorite moments in Night City! :) I've been concerned about whether or not my rig could handle playing Cyberpunk 2077 and now I'm beginning to wonder if my PC can even handle Photo Mode. LOL!
Man that looks great. Can't wait to try it out.
paladin181: Man that looks great. Can't wait to try it out.
Never thought I'd be excited about a feature like photo mode. But theirs looks so awesome that it even got it's own trailer. :D Adding photo mode to a game that contains nudity and one-night stands..., hmm, I wonder... :P
Just in case you missed it:

"Preload of the game will be available on Monday December 7th, at 12PM CET on GOG"
Attachments:
preload.jpg (122 Kb)
Should translate to a couple million pre-orders at least, at this point.
Taking into account that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt reportedly has sold 28 million times (across all platforms, but surely with a considerable seven-figure number of copies through/on GoG) and that the Cyberpunk 2077 pre-order is 4 positions shy of passing by The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition and already having overtaken the original release (at the 27th position).
Attachments:
Swedrami: Just in case you missed it:

"Preload of the game will be available on Monday December 7th, at 12PM CET on GOG"
How does that work?
Activation at release like the Disc-version of TW3?
Everything downloadable excepting the .exe?
Swedrami: Just in case you missed it:

JinKazaragi: How does that work?
Something along the lines of the latter option, perhaps?
In Witcher 3's case it was a patch.exe of some sort, iirc.

I also could see CDPR making it a Galaxy-only thing, which should go down just well with A LOT of people here.
We'll see in 2 days.
JinKazaragi: How does that work?
Swedrami: Something along the lines of the latter option, perhaps?
In Witcher 3's case it was a patch.exe of some sort, iirc.

I also could see CDPR making it a Galaxy-only thing, which should go down just well with A LOT of people here.
We'll see in 2 days.
I really hope it's not Galaxy only...
It wouldn't really make a difference to me, as work prevents me from playing until 2 days later anyway but would leave a bad aftertaste (does that expression exist in english? If not I hope you know what I'm trying to say).
The Cyberpunk 2077 fan film by the team behind the fantastic Darth Maul: Apprentice has just been released too:
Cyberpunk 2077 - Phoenix Program
Post edited December 06, 2020 by Swedrami