It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
Just thought of a benefit of this delay... gives me time to maybe actually procure an RTX 3070 before launch!
JakobFel: Unfortunately, the world doesn't usually work like that. In most cases, an employee has to schedule their time off.
sanscript: "I reject you reality and substitute my own".

Perhaps in your world it's difficult. It really depends on where you work, that's why I wrote "but in most cases it'll be fine." ;)
If you're able to do that, you are in a very rare, lucky situation. The overwhelming majority of employment professions will require you to set up your days off or you'd risk being fired. It's very, very uncommon for an employer to be okay with you just freely switching your time off, especially for something as comparatively trivial as having more time to play a game at launch.

I'll add that I'm not affected by that issue as I'm currently working on setting myself up as a freelancer, so I'm self-employed for the time being, but CD Projekt still screwed over a lot of people by doing this.
Post edited October 28, 2020 by JakobFel
At one point I thought wouldn't it be cool to work for GOG, they're such a great company I thought at the time. So glad now I dodged that bullet. CDPR management sounds like an abolute disaster. 100 Hr work weeks, I can't even imagine.

I hope the game is a success for GOG's sake, but yeah CDPR really needs to change their work culture.
jcdenton11: This is why I pre-ordered on Steam. As much as I hate DRM, I knew I'd be covered in case of shenanigans. I refunded my pre-order and hit the publisher in the wallet, the only thing they care about.
Reynard_Muldrake: That doesn't make sense. If money was the only thing they care about, wouldn't they release the game regardless of quality?
Nope, got to milk all the next-gen platforms and Stadia at the expense of PC owners.
Meanwhile, the Cyberpunk pre-order shot up(?!) by three positions (from 21st to 18th) on the all-time bestsellers list, leaving behind Master of Orion 1+2, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone expansion and HoMM 4.
I could swear it had just beaten Deux Ex two days ago.
Meanwhile it's been DELAYED AGAIN!

The way it is going they will have to change the game from Futuristic to historical
Looks like it will run on PCs and next gen just fine. It just has problems on current gen consoles.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-works-on-pc-and-next-gen-current-gen-may-be-cause-of-delay
Post edited October 28, 2020 by tremere110
So, would be interessting if there will be another delay or if it would be safe to ask the boss if moving instead of canceling my week off. Canceling will be OK, but moving, I don't know. But maybe I'll move anyway and have a longer end-of-year vacation. Well. I won't dare to ask CD:PR if that would be safe, because, well we know what happend this week: No more delays for 100% - Ooopsydaisy, 21 days delay - Mi Scusi ...
If it wasn't CD:PR I had canceled the pre-order and bought it on sale or next time I have some time to play a timeconsuming beast like Cyberpunk.

Just next time, give no date until the game is really ready to be released. Just say we hope to release it sometime in 2020. Fine if you say well, sorry, will be 2021, if everything works as planned about summer, also fine. But no crunch. If no crunch and good quality means that the game costs more than the default 60-80 Euro, that would be fine by me too. Everybody else will probably only buy on sale - so no loss there.

Thanks and keep rocking. To everyone of the Devs, hope you get a good nights sleep and your deserved share of money!
tremere110: Looks like it will run on PCs and next gen just fine. It just has problems on current gen consoles.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-works-on-pc-and-next-gen-current-gen-may-be-cause-of-delay
At the rate this release is going won't next gen be current gen?
I cancelled the pre order. I had very high hopes with this game, but since its initial announcement, the game went through many changes and delays. Significant delays.

Now, this new date, if in fact is is the true release date, it is nearly two weeks to Christmas. That is far to close to the holidays foor me. It will be work, family, and more work, so I will have no time to play it. That, and the added cost of the game on top of all the other holiday bills (food, gifts, etc), is a dealbreaker for me.

The best I can hope for is that the game is a success, and I will pick it up some time next year., assuming the release was not do to major bugs, or the game still has bugs at that time.

So sad, as I was looking forward to this one.
Get ready guys, Made some music!

https://soundcloud.com/user-421585265/cyberpunk-2066-launch-party-two
So why not launch the game on PC then ... if it's actually ready.

Meanwhile, RPS is taking the opportunity to jab at CDPR again (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/10/29/cyberpunk-2077-is-ready-for-pc-per-most-embarrassing-investor-call-of-all-time/), because that's just who they are.
Post edited October 30, 2020 by blueGretsch
A curious fact is that another games are having their release dates pushed to 2021, as they don't want to be released so close to CP 2077 and be unnoticed to the public (Early Access launch for Everspace 2, for example...)

Fun fact (and a small derail): Phoenix Point: Year One Edition has its release scheduled for Dec 10th, and there would be no point in delaying it, as it's just the date it gets rid from Epic exclusivity... Will it appear on GOG? It should, but no announcement about it has yet been made.
Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Trailer - Johnny Silverhand
Cyberpunk 2077 - Behind the Scenes: Keanu Reeves
Cyberpunk 2077 - Behind the Scenes: Score and Soundtrack
Cyberpunk 2077 - Behind the Scenes: JALI

Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Gameplay Trailer
赛博朋克2077 - 官方游戏预告片
Cyberpunk 2077 - Offizieller Gameplay-Trailer
사이버펑크 2077 - 공식 게임플레이 트레일러
Cyberpunk 2077 - Video oficial del juego
Cyberpunk 2077 - Trailer di gameplay ufficiale
Cyberpunk 2077 - Oficjalny Zwiastun Rozgrywki
Cyberpunk 2077 - Bande annonce de Gameplay officielle