It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
low rated
B1tF1ghter: On an unrelated note seems like GOG forum system no longer allows me to edit my posts and posting even short posts...
I dunno what's going on but seems like maybe some part of GOG forum system flagged me or something JUST because my posts were long which IS unfair...
GameRager: Maybe a bug? Often when a new page appears in a thread it won't show on my end/be readable until a few minutes later.
Maybe but it does not seem to show up anything after delay...
You know there are that moments when it reminds me how GOG is often inconvenient from TECHNICAL point of view...
Like for example I want things to be DRM free, I love GOG but their TECHNICALITIES are often terrible...
Like their API... IT IS NOT PUBLICLY DOCUMENTED (unlike Steam)...
There is some UNOFFICIAL documentation and from it seems like GOG API is just terrible compared to Steam...
YES this bug remainded me this...

novumZ: Thank you B1tF1ghter :)
I just hope this will be the case with Cyberpunk 2077. If they go with windows 10 only; then no more offline gaming /;
No problem...
And why no more? Do you mean the "system needs to be activated regularly "AGAIN" "?...
Linux is a great alternative you know...
And currently almost all games can be played on Linux by doing some stuff with them...
B1tF1ghter: .
There is some UNOFFICIAL documentation and from it seems like GOG API is just terrible compared to Steam...
Do you have a URL for that unofficial documentation?

Also, how can game developers and publishers integrate with Gog if there is no documentation?
B1tF1ghter: .
faroot: Do you have a URL for that unofficial documentation?

Also, how can game developers and publishers integrate with Gog if there is no documentation?
It is that it is not visible PUBLICLY (like with Steam one when you have PUBLIC access to most stuff)...
This is INCREDIBLY annoying... On Steam I can use developer console and have SteamDB and I have an API I can use and official documentation and all that is available WITHOUT registering as developer...

Here I got NOTHING... I would have to register and they would probably only allow people with active project (active game projects... games developed...) to do so. Correct me if Im wrong...

Here is the unofficial documentation... It has funny title (and quite fitting... in the last link on top of the page)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_api

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/unofficial_gog_api_documentation/page1

https://gogapidocs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
B1tF1ghter: Here is the unofficial documentation... It has funny title (and quite fitting... in the last link on top of the page)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_api

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/unofficial_gog_api_documentation/page1

https://gogapidocs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Thanks!
low rated
faroot: Thanks!
No problem...
Feel free to say something about it later when you read some of it...

JinKazaragi: Grub, it was automatically added when i installed Linux after W7. Never had any reason to change it so I'm not sure what other options there are.
Im sorry for keeping you waiting for so long but I had a serious trouble with posting it (I tried posting this for soooooo long)...

GRUB is generally the default and unless you need specific functionality offered by other bootloaders then you generally don't have a reason to change it...
You should check the comparison of bootloaders somewhere if you are interesed although be warned that a lot are no longer supported (they are old and no longer updated unlike GRUB)...

JinKazaragi: When I add W10 I wouldn't have any other drive plugged in anyway, just to make sure I don't accidentelly choose the wrong one. It would suck if I had to take apart my PC for every update though, my case is i bit too small so I have to remove some parts just to reach my internal drives.
GENERALY it SHOULD only be neccesary INITIALLY during INSTALL if you do that the correct way...
faroot: Thanks!
B1tF1ghter: No problem...
Feel free to say something about it later when you read some of it...

JinKazaragi: Grub, it was automatically added when i installed Linux after W7. Never had any reason to change it so I'm not sure what other options there are.
B1tF1ghter: Im sorry for keeping you waiting for so long but I had a serious trouble with posting it (I tried posting this for soooooo long)...

GRUB is generally the default and unless you need specific functionality offered by other bootloaders then you generally don't have a reason to change it...
You should check the comparison of bootloaders somewhere if you are interesed although be warned that a lot are no longer supported (they are old and no longer updated unlike GRUB)...

JinKazaragi: When I add W10 I wouldn't have any other drive plugged in anyway, just to make sure I don't accidentelly choose the wrong one. It would suck if I had to take apart my PC for every update though, my case is i bit too small so I have to remove some parts just to reach my internal drives.
B1tF1ghter: GENERALY it SHOULD only be neccesary INITIALLY during INSTALL if you do that the correct way...
Don't worry about the delayed post, I'm afk most of the time anyway.

Maybe I'll read into the topic a bit, I have way too much freetime anyway.

That's good to read, i think I should be able to install the OS correctly (i still have a few months to prepare after all) and I'd test it a bit anyway before adding the other SSD or the HDDs.
low rated
JinKazaragi: Don't worry about the delayed post, I'm afk most of the time anyway.

Maybe I'll read into the topic a bit, I have way too much freetime anyway.
Yeah but I wasted a lot of time trying to post this and it wasn't my fault (just GOG) that it wasn't posting...

You can read those first. Not a great source but has some basics.
Just be sure to read on GRUB 2 and not just GRUB because only 2 is used now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_GRUB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_boot_loaders

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LILO_(boot_loader]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LILO_(boot_loader[/url])

JinKazaragi: That's good to read, i think I should be able to install the OS correctly (i still have a few months to prepare after all) and I'd test it a bit anyway before adding the other SSD or the HDDs.
Just be sure to use GPT and not MBR... BTW it has NOTHING to do with UEFI... Linux can use GPT (as well as MBR obviously) even on BIOS install unlike Windows. Windows cannot do that on BIOS.
And install Linux in UEFI way if you can...
JinKazaragi: Maybe I'll read into the topic a bit, I have way too much freetime anyway.
B1tF1ghter: Just be sure to use GPT and not MBR... BTW it has NOTHING to do with UEFI... Linux can use GPT (as well as MBR obviously) even on BIOS install unlike Windows. Windows cannot do that on BIOS.
The short version is that you can use LILO on an old system with an MBR-formatted disk less than a terabyte in size, but LILO development was halted in 2015 -- so although LILO still sees some use, it is deprecated.

Grub 2 with UEFI/GPT-formatted disks is better in almost all ways, except that its simplest uses aren't as simple as the simplest uses of LILO. It can boot off partitions beyond the 1 terabyte boot limit of MBR-formatted disks, and supports disks up to about 10^24 bytes (10^10 larger than MBR, I believe).

Most people would say that Grub 2/UEFI/GPT is essential on most new hardware. I switched to it around 2012.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by faroot
low rated
B1tF1ghter: Just be sure to use GPT and not MBR... BTW it has NOTHING to do with UEFI... Linux can use GPT (as well as MBR obviously) even on BIOS install unlike Windows. Windows cannot do that on BIOS.
faroot: The short version is that you can use LILO on an old system with an MBR-formatted disk less than a terabyte in size, but LILO development was halted in 2015 -- so although LILO still sees some use, it is deprecated.

Grub 2 with UEFI/GPT-formatted disks is better in almost all ways, except that its simplest uses aren't as simple as the simplest uses of LILO. It can boot off partitions beyond the 1 terabyte boot limit of MBR-formatted disks, and supports disks up to about 10^24 bytes (10^10 larger than MBR, I believe).

Most people would say that Grub 2/UEFI/GPT is essential on most new hardware. I switched to it around 2012.
Yeah I know LILO is old and NO I don't use it. I only mentioned it because I dunno I think I probably remembered it from somewhere...
I meant generally some other actually current GRUB alternative which I cant recall the name of...
Also I don't know if you mean LILO has 1 tb limit or generaly MBR but MBR limit was 2 tb...
B1tF1ghter: I meant generally some other actually current GRUB alternative which I cant recall the name of...
Also I don't know if you mean LILO has 1 tb limit or generaly MBR but MBR limit was 2 tb...
There are a ton of bootloaders in the world, but I don't know anything about them, and if there's a third one that is popular with Linux in particular, I guess I missed that news. I'll try to pay more attention this year. :)

Your memory may be better than mine on the MBR limit, but most new systems built for Cyberpunk 2077 will probably have disks larger than 2 terabytes anyway, considering that 8 terabytes is becoming common on higher end systems.

As a side point, if my memory is correct I *think* LILO may partially support large disks, but at the expense of requiring the boot partition to be in the first 1-2 terabytes, which would be annoying at best for people who would have otherwise wanted to have a very large C: partition followed by a single Linux partition.
low rated
B1tF1ghter: I meant generally some other actually current GRUB alternative which I cant recall the name of...
faroot: There are a ton of bootloaders in the world, but I don't know anything about them, and if there's a third one that is popular with Linux in particular, I guess I missed that news. I'll try to pay more attention this year. :)
I generally meant currently actively maintained alternatives NOT NECCESARILY POPULAR (usually the opposite).
That includes highly custom stuff.
If I find some examples then I may later post that...

faroot: Your memory may be better than mine on the MBR limit, but most new systems built for Cyberpunk 2077 will probably have disks larger than 2 terabytes anyway, considering that 8 terabytes is becoming common on higher end systems.
Common 8 tb? (hdd right?) Dude WHERE? I wouldn't call them common considering the price. 8 tb may be good for IT enthusiasts and IT enthusiasts are not common...
Normal people don't buy those and those normal people who buy expensive computers generally don't pay attention to drive size (and they also usually get bigger ssd plus average hdd instead of big hdd)...

faroot: As a side point, if my memory is correct I *think* LILO may partially support large disks, but at the expense of requiring the boot partition to be in the first 1-2 terabytes, which would be annoying at best for people who would have otherwise wanted to have a very large C: partition followed by a single Linux partition.
I think I might have heard something similar from somebody in the past but Im not an expert in LILO so I dunno...
LILO is old anyway so it gets even less relevant other time...
B1tF1ghter: Common 8 tb? (hdd right?) Dude WHERE? I wouldn't call them common considering the price. 8 tb may be good for IT enthusiasts and IT enthusiasts are not common...
Well, IT enthusiasts are common *here* in Silicon Valley, so that may distort my perceptions. :)

However, I just did a price check, and I see the very high end Nvidia 1080 that is popular for higher end gaming PCs can be bought for $480 on Amazon, while a Seagate Baracuda 8 terabyte drive is $150 there, so that drive is less than 1/3 the price of the graphics card -- so *if* someone is building a higher end PC, the large drive is far from one of the most expensive parts of the system.

Prices might be much higher in your country, I wouldn't know, but I would guess that the ratio of prices would still be similar.

I haven't looked for a long time, but discussions in reddit.com/r/buildapc usually give some idea of the zeitgeist.
B1tF1ghter: Normal people don't buy those and those normal people who buy expensive computers generally don't pay attention to drive size (and they also usually get bigger ssd plus average hdd instead of big hdd)...
Normal people don't buy/build "higher end systems" in the first place, so that's a different topic.

But of course you're right that SSD is very important these days.

What *I* do when I build a higher end system is different than what you apparently do: I choose the largest SSD that is perhaps expensive but not *ridiculously* expensive, then I *also* add the largest hard drive that is again a little expensive but not *ridiculously* expensive, and $150 for an 8tb drive is just about that...on a higher end system.

Tastes vary, purposes vary, and especially budgets vary -- I know that lots of people on gog are using rather old systems because they're on a tight budget, and certainly they're not going to buy any of the above.

But from the beginning I said "higher end systems", which are popular with gamers and sometimes necessary for the most graphically-amazing games, like the infamous historical example of Crysis, which demanded better graphics cards than even existed.

Edit: P.S. I haven't built a new system since 2012 (although I've done some upgrades and some replacements of failed components), so I've been saving to splurge on a higher end system for 7 years, which probably gives me a different perspective than the "normal people" you're talking about.

Edit 2: Eventually it occurred to me to see what the requirements are, here on Gog, for Crysis and Crysis Warhead (both on sale currently for $5 USD):

Minimum Processor: 3.2 GHz or faster
Recommended: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Minimum Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
Recommended: 2.0 GB RAM
Graphics:
Miniumum: GeForce 6800 GT / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

I haven't tried to play Crysis for some years, so my memory of my own experience is pretty vague, but I believe people were saying (not that many years ago) that it was *still* graphically demanding, and those comments were strong enough that I'm not sure that the "Recommended" is good enough for "high quality settings". Does anyone have a firm data point on that?
Post edited June 12, 2019 by faroot
low rated
B1tF1ghter: Common 8 tb? (hdd right?) Dude WHERE? I wouldn't call them common considering the price. 8 tb may be good for IT enthusiasts and IT enthusiasts are not common...
faroot: Well, IT enthusiasts are common *here* in Silicon Valley, so that may distort my perceptions. :)

However, I just did a price check, and I see the very high end Nvidia 1080 that is popular for higher end gaming PCs can be bought for $480 on Amazon, while a Seagate Baracuda 8 terabyte drive is $150 there, so that drive is less than 1/3 the price of the graphics card -- so *if* someone is building a higher end PC, the large drive is far from one of the most expensive parts of the system.
Yes it did a lot. Because you assumed that what is common where you live is also common in most of the world...

The 1080 CAN NOT be called very high end... It could MAYBE be called high if the scale would not end on high and if we would exclude all non costumer cards from the list (so no professional gpus).
I had some difficulty finding the 1080 in the local markets as it is not current generation and a lot of stores no longer have it (see that's one of the things that is different in Europe... it is not neccesarily easy to get non current generations gpus).

faroot: Prices might be much higher in your country, I wouldn't know, but I would guess that the ratio of prices would still be similar.
Actually price ratios are different in EUROPE. We DON'T share a market. This market is completely different you know...
If something is cheap where you live it does not meant it is gonna be that cheap in Europe...

The 8 tb seagate... I think it was actually more expensive but Im not willing to check now as Im tired.

faroot: I haven't looked for a long time, but discussions in reddit.com/r/buildapc usually give some idea of the zeitgeist.
That is not a good place to seek for help unless you want to use trash tier parts (I mean trash QUALITY) as people there usually have no idea about parts QUALITY...

faroot: Normal people don't buy/build "higher end systems" in the first place, so that's a different topic.
I meant normal people out of which the ones that buy EXPENSIVE computers. I said EXPENSIVE and NOT high end...
People here earn money differently than where you live. Also costs are different here.
Something that may be cheap where you live may not be cheap here.
You should NOT compare JUST PRICES of the products but also how much people earn you know...
So the expensive is lower here. Things are expensive because costs are different.

So when somebody who for example buys a computer to MAINLY PLAY GAMES then they would not go for high tb drives as budget is lower here usually.

faroot: What *I* do when I build a higher end system is different than what you apparently do: I choose the largest SSD that is perhaps expensive but not *ridiculously* expensive, then I *also* add the largest hard drive that is again a little expensive but not *ridiculously* expensive, and $150 for an 8tb drive is just about that...on a higher end system.
Actually I DIDN'T say how I build my computers! You have NO IDEA HOW I build my computers!
I am by NO MEANS average and by NO MEANS typical...
If I would have high budget then I would get few different ssds for different purposes (IN THE SAME COMPUTER) and then 8 tb or more for storage IF I WOULD WANT to dump stuff on that computer.
Which I wouldn't because in terms of backups and ESPECIALLY disk images it gets incredibly inconvenient to have large hdd (as they are slow and making disk image of 8 tb drive would take FOREVER)...

People here generally don't have such big drives. Usual max is like 4 tb and 1 and 2 are actually VERY common.
The people who just play games don't generally need such big drives. It's better to use a NAS.
People who need such big drives are for example the people working with large data and those should be excluded from the list as we were talking about average and normal users here.

And most people don't need to have that much data on a COMPUTER. For most people it's just better to just have NAS.
And those people are likely to just have ssd and most cannot afford more than 2 tb.
Most normal users don't run NAS servers just NAS products and on those they don't have control of the partitions anyway...

So yeah HERE average is DEFINITELY below 8 tb and I would say also below 4 tb.
I didn't know what that person we GPT talked about has so I said that GPT stuff just in case...

faroot: Crysis
When Crysis 1 came out it was not particularly well optimised and the engine required more than most people could afford.
You actually still can crash CURRENT computers with Crysis 1 if you know how to do that...

Crysis 3 came out some time ago and it is still one of the best stress tests. You can totally stress test your computer with it.
The engine used in Crysis 3 and later is very demanding due to how it works, how detailed it is and what it does (that others usually don't bother with).

(Luke)
Well...Win10 only...seems i it will take a very long time until i play Cyberpunk 2077, if ever...
Pheace: Why can't gaming be fair?
B1tF1ghter: Because of different tax rules in Europe making taxes inclusive in game product price making "price without taxes in USD" similar NUMBER value to "price WITH taxes in Europe in EURO"...
It's just that that FINAL price in EURO is similar NUMBER value to price in USD...

DISCLAIMER - I DON'T WORK FOR GOG or CDPR
I was quoting GOG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos
Post edited June 12, 2019 by Pheace