It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
JinKazaragi: You mean like a built in bootloader but for bootable drives? That'd be perfect if W10 doesn't overwrite it as well.
ScarletEmerald: Sort of a built-in bootloader, but more like a BIOS-lite that doesn't do anything except let you
override which drive gets booted. It's actually a feature of the BIOS, so Win10 won't overwrite it. Look at the messages next time you reboot and see if there is a key to select boot device, like F8 or F12.
There is a menu like that, I used it years ago when setting up my current PC.
I just didn't know you could make it appear without mashing that key when you turn the PC on.
BeatriceElysia: TBH, They are offering other stuff. Just think it as US owners got posters, digital stuff & booklets, while EU ones get same thing, but with another extra. Except EU only extra is lame.
Laterali: Yeah, I hear you, considering most of the stuff is out of stock anyways. I'm probably going to end up getting it for console, I know I know, since apparently PC users aren't cool enough to get real collector's editions.
I'm not buying this. I hate shooters, dislike first person and sci-fi.

You decided you won't pre-order the game for PC due the lame discount, enjoy your game on console and feel free to miss everythign else that was promised for PC.

Maybe for the best. Game must run on console either way. It doesn't have to run on every PC.

What's preorder bonus for console in USA?
Hello CD Projekt Red and GOG.com team!
Will Cyberpunk 2077 run on a offline windows 7sp1 computer?

If needed; I will donate my time and hardware to see if it does.
QA for free :)
JinKazaragi: I really don't want to sacrifice my W7+Linux, Could anyone tell me, if there is a fast and easy way to switch the booted drive without having to manually access the BIOS every time and without the risc of W10 overwriting the bootloader?
Do you have Windows and Linux installed on the same physical drive?
If so then there is no way you can save your GRUB bootloader from Microsoft predatory hands...
It will get overwritten regularly (because Microsoft) and you will have to regularly restore it.
The only way to be sure GRUB is not overwritten is to install Windows on one physical drive and then install Linux on a completely separate physical drive.
Just when you install those then make sure that during install you have ONLY the drive you are installing on connected and NOT the other drives as well.
Because if you install Windows on one drive and then WITHOUT physically disconnecting that drive install Linux on another drive then it is pretty likely GRUB (GRUB and the EFI partition with EFI boot file for Linux) would end up being dumped on that Windows drive.
It is perfectly doable to move that EFI partition with Linux EFI file to another drive later but for unexperienced Linux users it could be pretty hard...
So it's just better if you just install it with Windows drive disconnected...

BTW yes you can move your current install to another drive to separate it although it could be hard for unexpierienced users...

CymTyr: I'm sure there's a way to preserve the bootloader with 7 and 10, but I haven't looked it up because I have no major issues with 10, other than its automatic updates, which you can now disable as far as I know, in the latest build.
Unless they actually changed something then NO. You can't actually disable auto updates. That is NOT possible AT ALL in home version (and home version lacks some other pro things too).
It is only possible in pro version and still you cannot skip them forever...
You only can delay them until 2 major updates from that one you are trying to delay. Later it will just force install itself or at least that is the info I got from reading some documentation about it...

JinKazaragi: my main concern would be the operating system now, I really don't want to sacrifice my W7+Linux, Could anyone tell me, if there is a fast and easy way to switch the booted drive without having to manually access the BIOS every time and without the risc of W10 overwriting the bootloader?
ScarletEmerald: It depends on your motherboard, but generally you can choose the boot drive at boot time by pressing a key without entering the BIOS. So, you could pull your existing drives, install Win10 on a new drive, replace the old drives, then choose between them at boot time.
It is F8 for most motherboards but it differs between BIOS versions and boards...

ScarletEmerald: Also, the next time your Linux system updates its bootloader after Win10 is installed, the Linux bootloader should have an option for Win10 also. Then you can just leave the Linux drive as your boot drive, and use the Linux bootloader to choose the OS.
The problem here is that later Windows will replace the GRUB bootloader AGAIN...
GRUB auto detects Windows boot partitions and it was always like that without a problem generally.

ScarletEmerald: That being said... Win7 is soon to become unsupported, and once security updates stop, you'll really want to dump it. If you're about to get Win10 anyway, may be better to just drop Win7 now.
If somebody really cares about security then they really shouldn't use Windows.
And after Windows 7 gets unsupported A LOT of people will still use it.

timppu: Naturally that works only if the multiplayer game has e.g. microtransactions to make revenue. Without them, the multiplayer part would most probably be a money pit, causing just extra expenses to the publisher for keeping up the game servers etc.
The problem with free games with mitrotransactions is that they don't automatically make you receive money...
You ONLY receive money if somebody actually decides to buy something in it and THAT is completely dependent on if they want to.
Plus a lot of people have to buy stuff REGULARLY... Which means it only REALLY makes sense if the game is CONSTANTLY popular...

If the game is paid and has no microtransactions then it will give less profit over time but more profit initially.
It will give more stable smaller profit instead of totally risky and not guaranteed AT ALL POTENTIALLY higher profit OVER TIME...

Plus microtransactions are not allowed in some places.

Plus microtransactions are generally considered a bad thing...

JinKazaragi: You mean like a built in bootloader but for bootable drives? That'd be perfect if W10 doesn't overwrite it as well.
Bootloader cannot be overwritten when it is in certain places. Like if it is on another drive.
You should really just use another drive for the other system.
You can also in some boards store the bootloader in the BIOS but I don't think you have such model...

JinKazaragi: My parents have 3 laptops with W10 and regulary have trouble after updates (one not updating at all anymore), it seems to be a gamble and that's not something I want to happen at my PC.
Windows 10 update system is absolute TRASH so I am not suprised at all... And yeah Windows 10 is absolute TRASH in general...

GameRager: In case others didn't answer this yet: They are likely only OFFICIALLY supporting Win10 minimum, but older systems will probably work(*i'd wait and see first from other user's testing such, though).
skeletonbow: I'd say it's rather unlikely the game will work unofficially on older versions of Windows, because it will most likely use the DirectX 12 API which is only available for Windows 10. They would have to also support DirectX 11 in order for the game to run on older versions of Windows. And that's just the graphics API. If they are advertising it as Windows 10 only, they most likely wouldn't have wasted all the effort required to add in API support for older operating systems at all, meaning it wont be able to run at all on older operating systems.
Actually there are not so many games that use ONLY DX12... There are barely any really... And it's not about OFFICIAL support really...
Gamedevs don't officially support older systems BUT same gamedevs usually don't want to FORCE users to upgrade even if they don't support their old system OFFICIALLY...

If they would just use Vulkan then it would be the best option as it is better than DX12 and Vulkan works on pretty much anything (including consoles... Yes it works on consoles)...

trusteft: Where do you base off that they will only be officially supporting Win 10? (not sure what you mean by minimum in this case). Did you read something? Did someone from them say it? Do they use something that only works on Windows 10? I mean, OF COURSE it is going to support Windows 10...ffs!
skeletonbow: I base it off the fact that the game's store page explicitly states that the game's operating system requirement is Windows 10. Windows 10 comes with DirectX 12, which is what all modern games will use to get the best graphics performance and feature set (or alternatively Vulkan which provides the same). DirectX 12 is not available at all for older versions of Windows. In order for the game to run on older Windows then, they would also have to add DirectX 11 support to the engine, but why would they go to all of that extra effort to then publicly state the game system requirements are Windows 10? That would make no sense. I elaborated more about this in my previous comment above.
Honestly at this point I already think they made a mistake placing Windows 10 there...
It really is a placeholder (basically a copypaste...)... They copypasted standard placeholder on which you later expand and in which the default supported system is AT LEAST the CURRENT one.
That was mistake and they should have just said JUST Windows and NOT 10 because people already speculate A LOT.
I think A LOT more speculations will be later if they leave it like that...

skeletonbow: in the case of supporting Windows versions older than Windows 10 that requires either designing the game explicitly for older Windows and giving up on features of the newer OS, or it involves duplicating effort to support multiple APIs.

Why would they duplicate that effort and then turn around and mark the game as officially supporting Windows 10 only in the store?
faroot: If and only if they *need* Windows 10 features. They might not, for all I know.

skeletonbow: The only remote chance is if the new game engine uses Vulkan, but that seems highly unlikely to me,
faroot: Why is that unlikely? Vulkan has been the wave of the future for years now.
Yeah that's exactly like that...
There is not much stuff in Windows 10 that someone from gamedev would absolutely WANT TO use... Basically most people from gamedev don't use thos AT ALL...

I remember when Vulkan was publically announced. There were A LOT of people saying it has no future and such.
I KNEW it is gonna be great and I was right. Now it is used in A LOT of places and actually made Linux gaming more doable now...
Vulkan is a great thing (especially for Linux users) and it WILL be used by more people over time so it is actually possible this game will use it...
Post edited June 11, 2019 by B1tF1ghter
low rated
GameRager: I meant the point that user was making about nothing being totally secure. :)
faroot: Yes. You know, you are fond of making points about absolutes, like "totally" secure. I'm not one to quote Star Wars, but you know what they say about Sith! :)
I was pointing out that absolutes are not always so, actually. :)
When can we expect to see the minimum system requirements for the game? Can anyone from GOG answer?
low rated
GameRager: Also not to sound mean but does anyone(short of a coder for linux) have FULL control over any OS? :\
B1tF1ghter: It is that on Linux pretty much EVERYTHING is documented in a PUBLIC way... You have actual ROOT access to EVERYTHING (which you don't on Windows AT ALL) and can just ROOT and change EVERYTHING.
So YES you have full CONTROL over your system! Don't mistake CONTROL with UNDERSTANDING!
Basically NOBODY knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING in Linux BUT there is a public documentation for basically everything (there are some very small parts which are not documented because somebody was LAZY and not because they don't want to document that), things are open sourse and everybody can check them (that's why Linux is so secure... it's impossible to get away with something on it when everybody can check it)...

GameRager: Some chips/etc can have backdoors built into them that one might not know about unless they reverse engineer the parts in their systems/etc.....and other things are hard to be intotal control of as well.
B1tF1ghter: OPEN SOURCE CPUs (that would be some POWER architecture ones) and firmware dude!
Unfortunatelly POWER open source CPUs are still SUPER EXPENSIVE (especially mobos for those) and firmware is mostly available only for those mobos...
Wouldn't you still need to trsut those who made the open source hardware unless you reverse engingeered it yourself to make sure it was 100% free of backdoors/safe?

Just curious

Also kudos to you for posting so much...it puts my longwinded replies to shame. :)
B1tF1ghter: ...
That's why I asked if there is an easy way to switch between 2 separate drives (not partitions).
My idea was to install W10 on a new separate SSD and keep the one I have with W7+Linux as it is now.
This is a follow up of my post 349 (because GOG forum system behaves like a garbage so I had to wait with posting this post follow up)

ScarletEmerald: Sort of a built-in bootloader, but more like a BIOS-lite that doesn't do anything except let you
override which drive gets booted. It's actually a feature of the BIOS, so Win10 won't overwrite it. Look at the messages next time you reboot and see if there is a key to select boot device, like F8 or F12.
It is actually a PART of BIOS. It's usually F8... And it only is gonna work if the systems are on a separate drives...

lisior1975: If memory serves, if you owned previous Witcher games when Witcher 2 was ready to be purchased, you got a discount here on GOG. This time it's a useless merchandise store discount and the price of the base game seems higher. What am I missing?
Inflation... You missed inflation... Plus market changes... A LOT of market changes...

JinKazaragi: There is a menu like that, I used it years ago when setting up my current PC.
I just didn't know you could make it appear without mashing that key when you turn the PC on.
No that MENU you used is a completely different thing. That menu is the BIOS configuration.
The thing that lets you choose boot drive is a COMPLETELY different thing. It is a PART of the BIOS but NOT the configuration and it is just a popup. A popup that you still need to access by key press but a different key press than that going to a config. It's not the config thing.

novumZ: Hello CD Projekt Red and GOG.com team!

Generally it is a GOG thing that games bought here ALWAYS can be played offline. There is no game on GOG that can not be played offline so it IS gonna be POSSIBLE FOR SURE...

(Luke)

B1tF1ghter: ...
JinKazaragi: That's why I asked if there is an easy way to switch between 2 separate drives (not partitions).
My idea was to install W10 on a new separate SSD and keep the one I have with W7+Linux as it is now.
Do you have a laptop or a PC?
Post edited June 11, 2019 by B1tF1ghter
B1tF1ghter: This is a follow up of my post 349 (because GOG forum system behaves like a garbage so I had to wait with posting this post follow up)

B1tF1ghter: It is actually a PART of BIOS. It's usually F8... And it only is gonna work if the systems are on a separate drives...

lisior1975: If memory serves, if you owned previous Witcher games when Witcher 2 was ready to be purchased, you got a discount here on GOG. This time it's a useless merchandise store discount and the price of the base game seems higher. What am I missing?
B1tF1ghter: Inflation... You missed inflation... Plus market changes... A LOT of market changes...

JinKazaragi: There is a menu like that, I used it years ago when setting up my current PC.
B1tF1ghter: No that MENU you used is a completely different thing. That menu is the BIOS configuration.
The thing that lets you choose boot drive is a COMPLETELY different thing. It is a PART of the BIOS but NOT the configuration and it is just a popup. A popup that you still need to access by key press but a different key press than that going to a config. It's not the config thing.

novumZ: Hello CD Projekt Red and GOG.com team!

B1tF1ghter: Generally it is a GOG thing that games bought here ALWAYS can be played offline. There is no game on GOG that can not be played offline so it IS gonna be POSSIBLE FOR SURE...

(Luke)

JinKazaragi: That's why I asked if there is an easy way to switch between 2 separate drives (not partitions).
B1tF1ghter: Do you have a laptop or a PC?
I used both menus during setting up my PC, I had to reinstall linux later on because i messed something up and for that i used the second menu to choose my bootable USB-Stick (not the interface of my BIOS, it was just the list of my physical drives).

It's a PC, my laptop is and stays linux only. I only use windows for gaming (and those few programs from my university) after all.
This game will be available for full download on Apr 16, 2020 310 days, 01 : 00 : 54 left
And so begins the waiting game. :P
ScarletEmerald: That being said... Win7 is soon to become unsupported, and once security updates stop, you'll really want to dump it. If you're about to get Win10 anyway, may be better to just drop Win7 now.
One can keep an older OS and maintain good OPSEC with the right security/etc suite and common sense practices. Also newer OS doea not always=safe(r) OS.
IMHO if you want the simplest way to do it :

Install Windows 10 on the first partition(s) of the first drive (important to avoid issue down the line)
Install Linux / Win7 on other partitions / disks.
Configure Windows 10 BCD (i.e. Windows GRUB) using EasyBCD (or a similar tool) to add Win7 (should normally have been auto-detected) and Linux to the list of bootable OSes.
Once everything is working fine and all OSes are booting fine, using EasyBCD make a backup of you BCD config.

If ever Windows 10 decide to "reset" you boot configuration, boot to Windows 10, and, using EasyBCD, restore your BCD config backup.

It's not too hard but it's easy to screw up so I would advice doing it on a new HD instead of you current one, or at least make a full backup before.
skeletonbow: Economically it makes no sense to support EOL versions of Windows due to the overhead of maintaining it and things breaking. It gives customers false hope, which is why very few companies bother to do it.
Eh, GOG seems to do just fine selling some games with older OS support. ;)
B1tF1ghter: OPEN SOURCE CPUs (that would be some POWER architecture ones) and firmware dude!
Unfortunatelly POWER open source CPUs are still SUPER EXPENSIVE (especially mobos for those) and firmware is mostly available only for those mobos...
GameRager: Wouldn't you still need to trsut those who made the open source hardware unless you reverse engingeered it yourself to make sure it was 100% free of backdoors/safe?
Designed or manufactured?
Designed...
It is entirely open source and you can LITERALY make a FORK with your own modifications...
So it can be entirely checked... Being competent enough to check it is a different thing... But as it is fully open source then if somebody is competent enough then they can totally check it...
And as there is not so much hardware like that then more people are looking into this so...

Manufactured...
Well here we get to the unfortunate... Here I could make a HUGE list of can you trust SOMETHING...
Like pick and place machine... (pick and place machines are used while making PCBs) (PCBs obviously don't apply here...)
Company making the CPU... Company making machines making CPU...
More machines...
Seriously it is quite going forever...

Can you trust them? Depends...
And YES it CAN be checked if you have the tools and time to check multiple bilions of parts in the CPU...
It CAN be checked although it would be VERY hard to check...

Meanwhile it is TOTALLY not possible to check regular CPU like that because it is not open source at all...

So even if it would be hard to check it is still possible to do so and that means it is nowhere near comparable to regular CPUs...

My personal dream would be to have a quantum computer that would be fully open source and made in such a quality that it could run for more than a 1000 years (like those in Horizon Zero Dawn... and NO I didn't play Horizon Zero Dawn yet because I don't have the console YET... also Im refusing to watch it because I know I would love this game so Im trying to avoid spoilers before I someday obtain a console to play it myself as I woulf probably love this game)...
That running fully open source software...
And also cyberbrains and being like Major and being Super Wizard class :P :D Or at least being Ishikawa of all people... :D :D...

GameRager: Also kudos to you for posting so much...it puts my longwinded replies to shame. :)
I tend to write walls of text so sorry if it's too long...

Well that would be easier if GOG forum system would not be working like a total absolute garbage...
It's not letting me post my wall of text... It just hangs processing FOREVER...
Then when I try to post it in parts then instead of letting me make several posts in a row it just sticks my new posts to the last one...
Even then it may just hang processing forever...
Then it just refuses to add more and I have to wait until somebody posts something after me so I can continue...
Im pretty sure it's a forum glitch...
Maybe I tend to break this one too...

Also Im sorry for going terribly offtopic but how exactly does the forum rep system work here?
Should it grow when I post? Or does it only do so when somebody upvotes my post?
Also does the rep give anything apart from being incredibly inacurate depiction of somebodys activity on the forum?
Once again... Sorry for going terribly offtopic...

B1tF1ghter: Do you have a laptop or a PC?
JinKazaragi: I used both menus during setting up my PC, I had to reinstall linux later on because i messed something up and for that i used the second menu to choose my bootable USB-Stick (not the interface of my BIOS, it was just the list of my physical drives).

It's a PC, my laptop is and stays linux only. I only use windows for gaming (and those few programs from my university) after all.
If you would give me a mobo model I could check what exact button to press but since you have done it in the past then you probably know that button...

As I said when installing new system you should definitely unplug other drives so that it does not put new EFI file on already existing EFI partition on some other plugged drive...
I haven't read all EFI documentation but it's a general picture I was getting from barely reading some stuff on EFI...

Also do you use GRUB or like LILO or something?

(Luke)