It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
GameRager: You missed the point, imo, in that a closed source game could easily(though not likely with this dev) contain malicious(accidentally or on pupose) code you don't know about.
Permissions, firewalls and backups.
mykpfsu: Please allow us to pre-order a PC collectors edition through GoG.com. Pretty please.
Yeah that would be great...

tfishell: Cool. I'm still hoping a GOG exclusive demo can be worked out.
Not neccesarily GOG exclusive (GOG exclusive is a bit pointless) but it would be great...

SuperBoomTurbo: Between now and when the game releases, y'all could learn 3D modeling, get an SLA/resin 3d printer and make your own collector's edition statue. Trust me, there's plenty of time. After you learn to model, you'll never buy another statue again. I've got a book case full of them from before and after you complete a good sculpt and bang out that render, you can look and gaze to your heart's content. And if you absolutely have to touch it, enter the 3d printer.
You know not EVERYBODY can afford 3d printer! And 3d printing services in EUROPE are often VERY overpriced!
Plus good luck with having same painting accuracy as the factory and getting all stuff and TOOLS required for painting for CHEAP. Not mentioning TIME (including possible failures because of printer failures as well as structure breaking during printing due to wrong structural support due to wrong design and placement of supports).

Korotan: And on Amazon the CE is already sold out. What I do not understand. Why don't companies make a Time widow for CEs where if you want one you will guarenteed get one because the creation has not already started. It would be a Win Win for everyone. The gamingcompanies will be able to optimize their earning because they know pretty accurate how many CEs they need to produce and the more you produce once the cheaper it will get and the player are able to get one without throatcutting prices. I mean why else let people Pre-order?
BECAUSE people can preorder 1000 copies then the company would make those and then those 1000 people would cancel their preorders and the company would have overstock hard to get rid off (loosing money in the process).
When you are company making CE you make ESTIMATION and based on that you make certain amount of CE available to avoud overstock which is hard to get rid off to prevent loosing money in the prosess.
ESTIMATION is not always accurate but it's easier to pull off in terms of production contracts.
Nobody would allow you to make a production contract for ANY amount of product based on LIVE DEMANDS for THE SAME AMOUNT OF UNIT COST!
UNIT COST would differ based on volume so it's just easier to assume certain volume first.

DanShogun: On cyberpunk's page it announces stuff like a map, stickers, postcards and a world compendium for pre-ordering the standard version....when ordering only the digital copy will this mean we won't be receiving these physical goodies?
Swedrami: The physical extras obviously do only come with the physical retail edition.
Actually they could possibly give us digital printable versions if THEY WOULD WANT TO do so...

Wishmaster777: "100% of your money goes to the CD Project Red group." Why bring this one up. Probably aiming at Epic Games.
Emerald_Child: Epic only gets a 12% cut. Steam gets a whopping 30% cut. So Steam is actually worse!
Steam is actually better because they provide QUALITY service along with game distribution. That is something that people often miss and cannot understand that LACK of quality service cannot be an excuse for a lower cut.
So Steam is better even if their cut is bigger.

Wishmaster777: "100% of your money goes to the CD Project Red group."
Crisco1492: Isn't that the developer, rather than the GOG store? i.e. GOG's not taking a cut.
It is quite confusing but I think that GOG still gets a cut as it is a part of CDP or CDPR group (I don't remember which one).
That's why they use the GROUP instead of just CDPR...

Pheace: Haha, not a chance in hell imo. Not only is multiplayer the portal to mass money these days, it's also a grand way to get more people to use GOG Galaxy. Sure, it may be delayed, but I highly doubt it was gutted.
timppu: To me it seems more common nowadays that the money-making multiplayer games are multiplayer-only, and quite often free-to-play (with microtransactions). Like Team Fortress 2, Fortnite etc., they don't have any single-player campaign in them or anything.

So I'd consider it a higher possibility that there would be a separate multiplayer-only (F2P) action game by CDPR, than them trying to slap some multiplayer onto this game as an afterthough. Many developers seem to realize that it usually makes sense to develop single- and multiplayer games separately, quite often the single-player part does not really strengthen the multiplayer part and vice versa, they are quite separate parts in the game.

A high-value AAA multiplayer game can either be a real money making success... or a disaster and a money pit. The thing about multiplayer games is that people tend to flock to popular multiplayer games, and the rest will just disappear. So only relatively few multiplayer games are successful, but then they are very successful.
The problem with releasing separate singleplayer and multiplayer is that people have to obtain it separately so then also FUNDING IS SEPARATE.
If the singleplayer is separate AND PAID and then multiplayer is NOT PAID then it WILL have to get some other FUNDING...
Either microtransactions or some alternate methods...
If it is released together then there are no such problems with funds as funds can then be split according to needs without going through some awkward stuff...

novumZ: Besides, isn't windows 10 basically the same as previous versions?
In many TECHNICAL aspects it really is quite different and not in a positive way...
It's honestly better to run some previous version if those technical aspects are important for the user. (like inability to run a lot of software because of INTENTIONAL lack of neccesary libraries which those libraries WERE AND ARE available on PREVIOUS versions)

skeletonbow: My PC was barely fast enough to run Witcher 3 at 20-30fps depending on how I tweaked things, but I got it enjoyable enough to finish the game. My fantasy since then has been to play it triple-head on max resolution 7680x1600 with everything cranked up. But... not until the next system upgrade. ;)
New PC build is for both professional use, gaming, video production and other hungry apps. Threadripper 3rd gen 16 core, 128GB, RTX 2080. Not getting caught with my pants down this time. :)
Good luck!
But Threadripper 3rd gen could potentially be skipped in this year.
Ryzen 3000 may actually have higher overall performance than Threadripper of the current gen (at least in the 16 core 32 th version... as the 16 core 32 th version is almost definitely gonna be available.... dunno how about AVC like performance).
So unless you need some features like high PCI E lanes count then I suggest you get Ryzen if you don't want to wait longer than you plan...

skeletonbow: Another important thing I'd like to point out though is that the game's official release date is stated as April 16th, 2020, and that is the date listed in the GOG.com store. Oddly enough though, the release date of the game listed in the Steam store is April 15th, 2020, one day before the GOG.com release date. I'm willing to bet that this is a mistake in the Steam store, but I cant help conspiracy theorize that it is on purpose because I can't imagine how someone could accidentally screw that up, and in the favour of Steam too. Hopefully CDPR did not give Steam a one day heads up over their own store.
Actually if you would crawl through SteamDB regularly you would know that such a thing CAN be a mistake and mistakes like that are ALL OTHER THE PLACE...
To be honest I have seen stuff in the SteamDB that is nowhere near comparison to this...

faroot: Actually, my first guess is that this is due to the combination of Gog doing releases at 3am PST while Steam does releases at 10am PST, plus the time difference between Poland and Steam crossing a 1 day boundary -- but I might be confused about some part of that, I suppose.
That actually makes sense and is possible but it still could be done better...
low rated
GameRager: You missed the point, imo, in that a closed source game could easily(though not likely with this dev) contain malicious(accidentally or on pupose) code you don't know about.
Serren: Permissions, firewalls and backups.
Permissions and firewalls cannot catch everything and backups are for after the fact/damage mitigation.

They do a ton of good, though.
GameRager: Permissions and firewalls cannot catch everything and backups are for after the fact/damage mitigation.

They do a ton of good, though.
Only if the system administrator is incompetent. No application on any of my computers has network access or access to anything important unless I explicitly grant them access.
It's already on page 8 if you list the games by bestselling (all time)!

edit:
and the Simply: RED collection is on page 37.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by fonimul
Serren: You might sound more credible if you could tell the difference between an OS and a game.
Although you've mentioned security issues, my impression was that this subthread in general was *not* centrally about security issues, so it's not clear to me that Serren missed "the point" which was not actually the point.

If, hypothetically, the point was all about security, then sure, closed source games could contain unknown malicious code you're right.

However, only a tiny fraction of open source supporters refuse to use *any* closed source software at all (aside from Richard Stallman) for pragmatic reasons. It's an imperfect world.
low rated
faroot: Although you've mentioned security issues, my impression was that this subthread in general was *not* centrally about security issues, so it's not clear to me that Serren missed "the point" which was not actually the point.

If, hypothetically, the point was all about security, then sure, closed source games could contain unknown malicious code you're right.

However, only a tiny fraction of open source supporters refuse to use *any* closed source software at all (aside from Richard Stallman) for pragmatic reasons. It's an imperfect world.
I meant the point that user was making about nothing being totally secure. :)
Oh man! I am so hyped for this game! I can't WAIT to play it! Finally a release date! WWWWOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!
FullOfTacos: Oh man! I am so hyped for this game! I can't WAIT to play it! Finally a release date! WWWWOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!
I suspect you're showing your (older) age...excuse me, I meant "wisdom from experience", since to younger gamers, a year seems like forever, but here you are, all enthusiastic but happy just to get a release date. :)

GameRager: I meant the point that user was making about nothing being totally secure. :)
Yes. You know, you are fond of making points about absolutes, like "totally" secure. I'm not one to quote Star Wars, but you know what they say about Sith! :)
Post edited June 11, 2019 by faroot
This game looks so big, amazing world and graphic details ^_^
GOG.com: Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on April 16th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.
Fallen_Zen: ...
Ashleee: ...
Mylith1: ...
To the GOG & CDP RED teams...
You have actual inconsistency on your store webpage
https://cyberpunk.sklep.pl/nasze-produkty/10-cyberpunk-2077-pc-standard-5902367640507.html
On the pictures it is clearly seen that box says DIGITAL DOWNLOAD (only).
While on the text list of things the box contains it says that it DOES contain GAME DISC.
Please fix and clarify!...
GOG.com: GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.
Ok hold on... Hold on...
GOG USERS ( those that have game ACTIVATED on GOG... So ALSO those who bought box version with the GOG key...)
OR
GOG DIGITAL ORDER PURCHASERS
?
Will only those who digitally order on GOG get that?
OR
Do everybody who will have game ACTIVATED on GOG get it?

OK Also it's not clear if that will be only for preorders or for like everybody. Is this preorder limited?
Klumpen0815: Sadly, it's a Tux free game...
Reglisse: Wine is miraculous those days so why not?
Lin545: No Linux - no buy. Sorry.
GameRager: I'm shocked they didn't plan for/start working on one, tbh. Galaxy I could see as it's not used by everyone/not being sold, but this is one of their major works in development....you'd think they'd want the extra money.
Lin545: Based on situation with Linux and Witcher 3, I expected they'd fix that - but apparently they (again?) prioritize cost-efficiency, in which case this (and that) will never happen. Would be even funnier if Steam's version supports Linux.
gogtrial34987: This looks amazing. Strongly hoping for a Linux version at some point, too!
Eukos: While I'd appreciate a Linux version announcement, I'm sure we'll find a way to play it anyway :)
AlexTerranova: I am ready to pay higher price for games with proper Linux & Vulkan support.

Win 10 is very controversial platform and many users refuse to install it, so CDPR is risking to lose a notable part of Cyberpunk 2077 possible audience.
adamhm: I pre-ordered The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3 both on GOG and retail (collector's edition), and gifted numerous GOG keys for both games... however I won't be doing this for Cyberpunk 2077 as I switched to Linux and now use it exclusively. Hopefully there'll be a Linux version at some point in which case it'll be an instabuy; otherwise I'll likely buy it when the GOTY is out & deeply discounted enough to justify playing it using Wine or Proton (retail will most likely be the cheapest option, and you'll still get a GOG key for it).

I'm sure it'll run in Wine+DXVK or Proton, although maybe not immediately (I guess that getting it working would probably be a priority if it doesn't). Even if it runs great in Wine at launch though, I strongly advise against Linux users buying it until either there's a complete edition out & it's been deeply discounted, or an official Linux version is released, in order to give CDPR some incentive to support Linux.
1.I am hoping too that Linux port WILL be a thing...

2.And if the port WILL be a thing then PLEASE CDPR USE VULKAN for Linux!

3.They could still maybe add it later (there is still almost a year until release)...

4.The release would be a great opportunity to make Galaxy Linux native! Please CDRP make it happen! Make Galaxy Linux native!

5.It DEFINITELY will be playable on DXVK unless they use DX12 (but there is something similar to DXVK that is for DX12) or they use some awkward extensions (mfplat says hello) (if you dunno what mfplat is google it with resident evil 2 in the query)...

6.Hey BTW does anybody know if Galaxy achievements work with Lutris? Like when you install Galaxy ON Lutris? Do achievements work then?

deathwings51: The Steam (windows) version will most likely run on Steam Play/Proton alright even if Steam doesn't have a native Linux version. However, people will just buy the Steam version then. Why even bother with the GOG version in that case.

All this no-DRM sounds really hollow to me if a game this big (and being made by the parent company of GOG) doesn't have a native Linux version. If smaller studios can do it, CDPR can as well. If they want 100% of my money on my copy that is.
Game being DRM free and game having native Linux port are COMPLETELY DIFFETENT AND SEPARATE cases! DRM has nothing to do with it and it doesn't matter if the game is free of it or not...

Also Proton is actually SEPARATE from Steam and you can use it outside of Steam. It was DEVELOPED by Valve based on Wine and DXVK as well as some other things and is DISTRIBUTED with Steam by default BUT you CAN get it OFFICIALLY without a problem outside of Steam (actually from official Valve repositories).
Just get it from the repository and run non Steam game with it! Then there is no point in getting it on Steam :P What do you say for that? :P :D :D
GameRager: Also not to sound mean but does anyone(short of a coder for linux) have FULL control over any OS? :\
It is that on Linux pretty much EVERYTHING is documented in a PUBLIC way... You have actual ROOT access to EVERYTHING (which you don't on Windows AT ALL) and can just ROOT and change EVERYTHING.
So YES you have full CONTROL over your system! Don't mistake CONTROL with UNDERSTANDING!
Basically NOBODY knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING in Linux BUT there is a public documentation for basically everything (there are some very small parts which are not documented because somebody was LAZY and not because they don't want to document that), things are open sourse and everybody can check them (that's why Linux is so secure... it's impossible to get away with something on it when everybody can check it)...

GameRager: Some chips/etc can have backdoors built into them that one might not know about unless they reverse engineer the parts in their systems/etc.....and other things are hard to be intotal control of as well.
OPEN SOURCE CPUs (that would be some POWER architecture ones) and firmware dude!
Unfortunatelly POWER open source CPUs are still SUPER EXPENSIVE (especially mobos for those) and firmware is mostly available only for those mobos...

Arundir: This is a interesting read: [url=https://www.archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf]https://www.archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf[/url]
Reflections on Trusting Trust
faroot: Yes, that's an absolute mindblowing classic.

Edit: since few will read it, the (genius) creator of Unix wrote about how a compiler could be modified to produce executable code that cracked security when run, when it recognized that it was compiling certain operating system files, with no need for the source code to be modified.

So the compiler is run on innocent code and produces dangerous code. Then, going meta, the compiler itself can receive this treatment, so there is then no trace in any source code of anything devious.
Seems like an interesting thing to put on to read later ("someday"... dunno... "later"...) list...
Well that is you know infinite circle of making sure everything is secure... You CAN do that but most people just WOULDN'T go that far...

BeatriceElysia: So you'll buy deeply discounted game you may not play due to inecitive to sales
adamhm: I'll wait for a complete edition + very deep discount before I consider buying it to play using Wine, the same as I do for any other game I'm interested in that does not have a Linux version. I will only consider paying full price for games that officially support Linux.
OK then what if the game has a native Linux port but it is a total trash on some old OpenGL version and that old OpenGL version is making it look WORSE than if you would run the game using DXVK...
What do you do then? Do you run trash Linux port or do you use DXVK with the game?
Gersen: Well some of us knows what multi-boot it ;)
(Im being super sarcastic)
Well some of us KNOW what is PCIE passthrough...
(Im being super sarcastic)

JinKazaragi: Does it still screw up the bootloader with some of its update?
Gersen: Sometime with major updates (i.e. the big new version released once or twice per year), but it's 5 minutes to fix.
Microsoft screws GRUB regularly (Windows 10 just replaces bootloader upon major updates unlike previous versions which did not do such things)
and it is not likely to ever change because Microsoft.

I suggest to everybody that dual boots or considers dual booting to NEVER use the same DRIVE unless you absolutely HAVE TO...
Just use a different one. And I also suggest that when you install another system then before doing that you unplug ALL different drives to make extra sure that the install does NOT put EFI boot file on the wrong EFI partition (like alreay existing ON A DIFFERENT DRIVE after being made by previous system ON A DIFFERENT DRIVE)...
Post edited June 11, 2019 by B1tF1ghter
gogwitcher300: The OS doesn;t change any kind of graphical performance.
Polygon count rises, but Textures remain the same.
That's highly debatable...
Driver integration between systems versions differs. So do graphical stacks and tons of other things having impact on graphics. Window managers. Window compositors. Basically everything.
Also driver optimisations are different for different versions of systems...

The other thing is highly debatable too...
Textures... Textures do actually change...

BeatriceElysia: They can't help you if Linux is shitty platform.
Linux is NOT a shitty platform!
It is COMPLEX and there is a TON of flavours which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to support EVERYONE!
That's why when a Linux port is developed then only UBUNTU flavours (and sometimes Mint) are taken into consideration!
That really reduces complexity of support and gamedev of Linux port is much easier...
Check on GOG... GOG only shows Ubuntu or Mint as supported most of the time...
So really NO... Linux is NOT a shitty platform!
The company making a port just needs to be competent and know how to do that because if they are not competent and don't know how to do that then they are just not gonna make the port...

samuraigaiden: What GPU do you guys think I'll need to be able to look at Keanu Reeves at Max Settings in 1080p? Do you think a 1660 ti will be enough?
You didn't define the framerate you know?...

Serren: Permissions, firewalls and backups.
Chroot, LXC, disc images...

(Luke)
Post edited June 11, 2019 by B1tF1ghter
Is there any reason why certain countries or areas are excluded from purchasing the Collector's Edition? While I would prefer to wait to get the system requirements, the collector's edition is very nice, and I would have tried to purchase it, assuming I could come up with the money. Is this something to do with GOG, CDPR, or a third party distributiion company?
Post edited June 11, 2019 by Stryder2931
FullOfTacos: Oh man! I am so hyped for this game! I can't WAIT to play it! Finally a release date! WWWWOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!
faroot: I suspect you're showing your (older) age...excuse me, I meant "wisdom from experience", since to younger gamers, a year seems like forever, but here you are, all enthusiastic but happy just to get a release date. :)

GameRager: I meant the point that user was making about nothing being totally secure. :)
faroot: Yes. You know, you are fond of making points about absolutes, like "totally" secure. I'm not one to quote Star Wars, but you know what they say about Sith! :)
Maybe just a little. I mean it is almost a year, however I have a huge backlog of games I can go through before this game comes out! I'm just excited to finally have a date!
Me to I want to just support CDR. So I hope they allow Collector Edition along with regular. All the deep thinking that some of you guys is just so funny. Support these people and play games. There aren't many developers offering the quality of games like here anymore.
Don't bury yourselves in all this gibberish. This is thier sit. Chances are they get to keep the full sales amount.
What services ya nee?
1) buy the game
2) download
3) Play

What other services you need?

A place to go for you to show your keen intellect?

Glad I'm dumb!

Thank 'em and lets play - support these people!

I would like the collectors edition also. I hope before the 17th they do it. I would love to get in
on the 30% off in their store to sport some of their colors.

We need to buy here to support these guys. One of the last great honest developers left.

Seems like there is to much over-thinking going on.

All sales here stays with them. Period - good enough for me.
Post edited June 11, 2019 by PhulBore