It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming to GOG.COM on September 17th, 2020 and is now available for pre-orders.

The game will come with a soundtrack, a digital booklet with art from the game, Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook, and wallpapers for desktop and mobile. GOG.COM users will also receive a set of exclusive goodies when the game is released: a digital booklet about the game (more details soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and print quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

Pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 before June 17th to receive a special 30% off discount for the official CD PROJEKT RED merch store*.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

When buying Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before June 17th, 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details.
What are the requirements? I wanna grab off PC but I only have an i7-6700CPU @ 4.00GHZ (8CPUs), 980ti, and 32768MB RAM. I am worried I can't run the game. My setup is 1920x1080 only and no plans running 4k. Can my rig even run it when it is a bit old? I would really love to preorder here because I love GOG.
Will most definitely buy it day 1, however I see no reason to pre-order it now,
Was hoping for a nice discount like they did with the Witcher 3.
towerbooks3192: What are the requirements? I wanna grab off PC but I only have an i7-6700CPU @ 4.00GHZ (8CPUs), 980ti, and 32768MB RAM. I am worried I can't run the game. My setup is 1920x1080 only and no plans running 4k. Can my rig even run it when it is a bit old? I would really love to preorder here because I love GOG.
That is a decent PC, would be very surprised if you couldn't run the game in high settings at 1920x1080.
trusteft: All that would make sense if you weren't selling the game (pre order) almost a year before the release date, with certain offer that only lasts for few more days.
You can't ask for money without giving system requirements on something as wide as Operating Systems the game will run on. No one is asking for the exact vram you are going to need.
Actually you can do that, and they did (as proof). Much like most other games that are released on pre-order for 30 years, long before the system requirements are known. This isn't the first time or even unusual, it is common practice since the beginning of time.

Nobody is forced to buy it. If someone is worried about it, don't buy it. Or buy it and later when the system requirements are known, they can get a refund if it wont run on their system. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with that since they're asking for money right now and are a generally fair and consumer friendly company, not to mention it's probably required by law in various countries and they're unlikely to do it only for some customers in certain countries.

You can actually ask for money for a game 8-10 years before you even release a game, without people even knowing what the game is ever going to end up being, and a decade before the system requirements are known with certainty. As a proof of this, Star Citizen was announced eons ago and uses crowd funding for people to essentially "pre-order" the game for many years now, is still in heavy development alpha with not even a beta anywhere in sight let alone a release date, and not even the slightest hint of what the system requirements will ever be. They've raised 227 million dollars in funding so far, and growing. Perfectly legal, and $227 million worth of people's money have voted to say "this is ok to us, we're willing to buy now and maybe get the game at some unknown date that could be years or decades away maybe, and it might not run on our computers."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Cyberpunk 2077 not listing currently unknown system requirements is not only not unexpected this long before the game launches, it's actually totally expected - at least by anyone who has followed lots of games development cycles over time or whom is a develojper themselves. I'm willing to bet that huge droves of people are so excited by the game nearing completion that the overwhelming majority are buying now and not worrying about whether the game will run on their computers later, and that the rest is just line noise.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't buy a game in advance without knowing or feeling rather confident that it would run on my system either, but if I could not get that guarantee or reasonable speculation then I would assume that it would not run and not buy it until I knew it could run - either by future information, or by getting a more powerful computer along the way.

Yeah, some people will miss out on whatever pre-order bonus features there are short term, but that's the lottery ticket. And there's always future refunds unless they say no to that for some reason. Either way, we're not going to get system requirements until they actually know themselves what they'll be, and if they did know that there would be absolutely no good reason for them to not tell us, it'd be in their own best interest to share this information with people as soon as they possibly can. There's no benefit of keeping such information a secret, it doesn't help them in any way if they know the answer.

The only sensible conclusion can be that they do not know, and thus can not say. Anything else would merely be conspiracy theory, and I'm sure there will be some of that out there too, as par for the course. They're providing a special offer to people who know or are willing to risk it for the time being, without a gun to anyone's head.

It's all good though one way or another. It all generates more hype and talk about the game, and more sales.

More importantly (to me anyway), is it's all good funding for the development of The Witcher 4. :)
trusteft: All that would make sense if you weren't selling the game (pre order) almost a year before the release date, with certain offer that only lasts for few more days.
You can't ask for money without giving system requirements on something as wide as Operating Systems the game will run on. No one is asking for the exact vram you are going to need.
skeletonbow: Actually you can do that, and they did (as proof). Much like most other games that are released on pre-order for 30 years, long before the system requirements are known. This isn't the first time or even unusual, it is common practice since the beginning of time.

Nobody is forced to buy it. If someone is worried about it, don't buy it. Or buy it and later when the system requirements are known, they can get a refund if it wont run on their system. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with that since they're asking for money right now and are a generally fair and consumer friendly company, not to mention it's probably required by law in various countries and they're unlikely to do it only for some customers in certain countries.

You can actually ask for money for a game 8-10 years before you even release a game, without people even knowing what the game is ever going to end up being, and a decade before the system requirements are known with certainty. As a proof of this, Star Citizen was announced eons ago and uses crowd funding for people to essentially "pre-order" the game for many years now, is still in heavy development alpha with not even a beta anywhere in sight let alone a release date, and not even the slightest hint of what the system requirements will ever be. They've raised 227 million dollars in funding so far, and growing. Perfectly legal, and $227 million worth of people's money have voted to say "this is ok to us, we're willing to buy now and maybe get the game at some unknown date that could be years or decades away maybe, and it might not run on our computers."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Cyberpunk 2077 not listing currently unknown system requirements is not only not unexpected this long before the game launches, it's actually totally expected - at least by anyone who has followed lots of games development cycles over time or whom is a develojper themselves. I'm willing to bet that huge droves of people are so excited by the game nearing completion that the overwhelming majority are buying now and not worrying about whether the game will run on their computers later, and that the rest is just line noise.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't buy a game in advance without knowing or feeling rather confident that it would run on my system either, but if I could not get that guarantee or reasonable speculation then I would assume that it would not run and not buy it until I knew it could run - either by future information, or by getting a more powerful computer along the way.

Yeah, some people will miss out on whatever pre-order bonus features there are short term, but that's the lottery ticket. And there's always future refunds unless they say no to that for some reason. Either way, we're not going to get system requirements until they actually know themselves what they'll be, and if they did know that there would be absolutely no good reason for them to not tell us, it'd be in their own best interest to share this information with people as soon as they possibly can. There's no benefit of keeping such information a secret, it doesn't help them in any way if they know the answer.

The only sensible conclusion can be that they do not know, and thus can not say. Anything else would merely be conspiracy theory, and I'm sure there will be some of that out there too, as par for the course. They're providing a special offer to people who know or are willing to risk it for the time being, without a gun to anyone's head.

It's all good though one way or another. It all generates more hype and talk about the game, and more sales.

More importantly (to me anyway), is it's all good funding for the development of The Witcher 4. :)
Are you serious? Of course they can actually do that. No shit!
I am not going to read the rest, sorry just too long.
But one thing they always did was list the OS/system the game was planned to be released on.
You knew it was for the Amiga 500, or the STE, or MS-DOS.
Even if you didn't know the exact details. You knew the OS and its version .
Post edited June 10, 2019 by trusteft
viranimus: 100% goes to CDPR? So Kenanunanu is working for free? Neat.
Absolutely! Keanu is a member of the CDPR cult. He fully supports their agenda to turn the real world into the Cyberpunk 2077 world... by 2077.
Can you clarify if the gender of V is by choice? I ask since trailers now show a male char and the pre-alpha gameplay from last year showed female - just want to know.
bluehawk: Can you clarify if the gender of V is by choice? I ask since trailers now show a male char and the pre-alpha gameplay from last year showed female - just want to know.
It's in description that you will change appearance & I see no reason why would they ditch gender choice, when letter V is neither male name or female name and they can fit that name on any gender.
bluehawk: Can you clarify if the gender of V is by choice? I ask since trailers now show a male char and the pre-alpha gameplay from last year showed female - just want to know.
You'll be able to select your gender and customize your looks.
Here's the Wikia page with in-game screenshots.
Awww fucking hell yeah!
Started playing Cyberpunk 2020 back in the early 90s, has been one of my favorite P&P RPGs ever since.

Hell, since it's CDPR I might even pre-order. Only company I trust enough for pre-ordering.

EDIT: ahahahaha, new user ahahahahah
Post edited June 10, 2019 by user deleted
atTAKtical: EDIT: ahahahaha, new user ahahahahah
The text 'New User' that is under your handle (aka name) is there until you change it to something else. It can be changed in the forum settings found at the top of any forum page.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by Themken
russellskanne: Damn, why only windows 10? Does it need directx 12 or what?
They wouldn't be that silly!
Besides, isn't windows 10 basically the same as previous versions? Except of course for the numerous back doors added for the benefit to the global Elite!?

Most impressive show at e3, very nice. Well except for the part at the end; in game footage was not the quality I was expecting.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by novumZ
towerbooks3192: What are the requirements? I wanna grab off PC but I only have an i7-6700CPU @ 4.00GHZ (8CPUs), 980ti, and 32768MB RAM. I am worried I can't run the game. My setup is 1920x1080 only and no plans running 4k. Can my rig even run it when it is a bit old? I would really love to preorder here because I love GOG.
This game will run on PS4 and Xbox One, it will run far better on this PC. I don't think people need to overly worry about specs. Witcher 3 scaled nicely. Sure all the bells and whistles on will require probably at least a 1080 ti (just estimating based on what ran the gameplay demo last year)
its enough to run this game in mid or even high graphics man,trust your 980ti,and 32g ram.if u got the money to upgrade gc to 2080ti will be perfect!
Interesting videos and all, but as always I'll wait until the game is actually released before paying for it, which has the added benefit of being able to read proper reviews and know more about the game.

Unfortunately CDPR hate Linux, so it probably will never be released for Linux, and as with the Witcher 3 the community will have to work for a few years to get it in a playable state -- helped by DXVK or whatever is needed for this particular game.

So by 2077 then? =)

Okay, okay. Let's be positive and aim for 2027.