It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your journey to Night City is close at hand! As of today, you can pre-load all the necessary files to install Cyberpunk 2077 through your GOG GALAXY app. This way you’ll be able to dive into the most anticipated open-world RPG quickly on 10th December, when the grand premiere of the game takes place.

While we’re at it - take a look at our video below! We’ve created it along with the game’s creators to show you how super grateful we are that you’ve chosen to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, where 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by emter_pl
high rated
We can confirm that offline installers will be available at launch, at 1 AM CET. We'll continue to immediately update them with the latest patches after the game's release.

You may have noticed the pre-load is getting updated - it's the 10GB release patch we've implemented now so you can enjoy a smooth launch. The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.

Alternatively, you can uninstall the pre-load and install it again - that should also do the trick.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Beaubergine
low rated
naantje: Source of your first statement please
amok: *shrugh* belive what you want, take your own risks. I really do not care if you use grey market sellers, but at least know what you are doing and the risks you are taking.

(Of course it is about digital, if you got the game as physical copy, then it is a differnt ball game.)
So what you're saying is that you completey made up the statement that Humble is the only 'legal' third party seller. Gotcha
high rated
SmollestLight: To answer some questions:

MY REWARDS requires connecting to your GOG account via GOG GALAXY. After a successful login, internet connection is no longer required. However, the in-game items received are purely cosmetic and in no way affect the single player experience of the game.
It doesn't matter. Any form of single-player content gated behind an online requirement = DRM and is unacceptable. Keep your game.

I'm fed up with GOG disrespecting users that don't want Galaxy.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by Time4Tea
high rated
Gersen: Ok, thanks, it's just that it doesn't really make sense, as I said in my previous post, Gog users have by definition already a Gog account so why those goodies are not already enabled by default on the Gog version ? IMHO it would avoid useless controversies.
Well, people predicted it, and we didn't want to believe it. And GOG staff sat in a room with us and assured us to our faces that GOG would always be 'DRM-free'. But here we are. The 'optional' Galaxy client is quickly turning into "Optional if you don't want everything in your 'DRM-free' games"

So the last core principle now lies in shambles. Ironic, I guess (and sad), that it's a CDProjektRed game that really drives the nail into that coffin for the offline installer users, isn't it?
high rated

MY REWARDS requires connecting to your GOG account via GOG GALAXY. After a successful login, internet connection is no longer required. However, the in-game items received are purely cosmetic and in no way affect the single player experience of the game.
Should be a piece of cake to just include them with the offline installer version then, no?

By the way, you guys are contradicting yourself:

That's from the @GOGcomDE twitter account:
https://twitter.com/GOGcomDE/status/1335907431231131648
"Natürlich! Wer direkt bei GOG kauft, muss nichts mehr verknüpfen und erhält diese Ingame-Items automatisch."

"Of course, if you're purchasing (Cyberpunk 2077) on GOG directly, there's no need to connect to anything and you'll receive those ingame items automatically."

So, which one is it?
Post edited December 07, 2020 by Swedrami
high rated
Gersen: Ok, thanks, it's just that it doesn't really make sense, as I said in my previous post, Gog users have by definition already a Gog account so why those goodies are not already enabled by default on the Gog version ? IMHO it would avoid useless controversies.
TerriblePurpose: Well, people predicted it, and we didn't want to believe it. And GOG staff sat in a room with us and assured us to our faces that GOG would always be 'DRM-free'. But here we are. The 'optional' Galaxy client is quickly turning into "Optional if you don't want everything in your 'DRM-free' games"

So the last core principle now lies in shambles. Ironic, I guess (and sad), that it's a CDProjektRed game that really drives the nail into that coffin for the offline installer users, isn't it?
Absolutely - why would you throw away your ONE differentiating feature from Steam? I'll just go Steam next time, and CDPR can lose some of their revenue to Valve commission fees. If this is how I'm treated as a customer, why should I be loyal?
GOG.com: Your journey to Night City is close at hand! As of today, you can pre-load all the necessary files to install Cyberpunk 2077 through your GOG GALAXY app. This way you’ll be able to dive into the most anticipated open-world RPG quickly on 10th December, when the grand premiere of the game takes place.

While we’re at it - take a look at our video! We’ve created it along with the game’s creators to show you how super grateful we are that you’ve chosen to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, where 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.
i went into my GOG to preload but i don't see anything throughout whole GOG allowing me to do so . can you show where and how? thanks
midrand: Absolutely - why would you throw away your ONE differentiating feature from Steam? I'll just go Steam next time, and CDPR can lose some of their revenue to Valve commission fees. If this is how I'm treated as a customer, why should I be loyal?
I said it a bit further up the thread: I actually use galaxy (but always DL the offline installers for my game backups), but I guess GOG has done me a favor: now I don't have to worry about waiting to see if a game will show up 'DRM-free' on GOG and I can just choose whichever service is selling a game I'm interested in at the lowest price. So, thanks for the savings and thanks for more choices, GOG! Well done.
vimorain: i went into my GOG to preload but i don't see anything throughout whole GOG allowing me to do so . can you show where and how? thanks
Do you mean Galaxy? If so and the game isn't showing up in your game list, shut Galaxy down, then start it up again (don't just minimize it, actually shut the app down).See if your games list repopulates with CP2077. If so, click on it, then you should have an active Install button.

If you mean in your account library here on the website for the offline installers, there is no preload for the offline installers and you'll have to wait until release on Dec. 10th before the files are available.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by TerriblePurpose
high rated
Did... did you, GOG, the alleged DRM free site just seriously just lock single player content behind Galaxy in your biggest profile game? The one chance you had left to show commitment to the users who fucking made you what you are?

Thanks for the double middle finger by not bothering with pre-load installers for non-galaxy users.

"Optional client" my ass, GOG, you are a company run by confidence tricksters, imbeciles and assholes.
midrand: Absolutely - why would you throw away your ONE differentiating feature from Steam? I'll just go Steam next time, and CDPR can lose some of their revenue to Valve commission fees. If this is how I'm treated as a customer, why should I be loyal?
TerriblePurpose: I said it a bit further up the thread: I actually use galaxy (but always DL the offline installers for my game backups), but I guess GOG has done me a favor: now I don't have to worry about waiting to see if a game will show up 'DRM-free' on GOG and I can just choose whichever service is selling a game I'm interested in at the lowest price. So, thanks for the savings and thanks for more choices, GOG! Well done.
vimorain: i went into my GOG to preload but i don't see anything throughout whole GOG allowing me to do so . can you show where and how? thanks
TerriblePurpose: Do you mean Galaxy? If so and the game isn't showing up in your game list, shut Galaxy down, then start it up again (don't just minimize it, actually shut the app down).See if your games list repopulates with CP2077. If so, click on it, then you should have an active Install button.

If you mean in your account library here on the website for the offline installers, there is no preload for the offline installers and you'll have to wait until release on Dec. 10th before the files are available.
Well, Steam is typically faster with patches due to larger community, so the choice is kind of obvious to me, if you discard the offline installers. Steam is the way to go.
high rated

Get the HELL out of here with this propagandistic spin, you know DAMN well that in a visual heavy game cosmetics can, and DO infact affect people's enjoyment of a game.

There is literally NO reason for this content to be locked to Galaxy other than to force people to use your garbage client program and to show that you harbor little more than disdain for anyone who doesn't want it.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by ReynardFox
high rated

ReynardFox: Get the HELL out of here with this propagandistic spin, you know DAMN well that in a visual heavy game cosmetics can, and do DO infact affect people's enjoyment of a game.

There is literally NO reason for this content to be locked to Galaxay other than to force people to use your garbage client program and to show that you harbor little more than disdain for anyone who doesn't want it.
+1. Stand behind you!
high rated

Okay, you lost a 60 Euro buyer here.

And for the future I will wait with ALL CD Project Red games, if DRM can be patched in later.

It is too late for me to refund "No Man's Sky", but I will NOT pay anymore money for DRMed games.

Kill DRM free and you lose me as a customer. Sorry. Some principles will NEVER fall for me.
Seems like only yesterday the teaser trailer was released....what a ride...
GOG.com: Your journey to Night City is close at hand! As of today, you can pre-load all the necessary files to install Cyberpunk 2077 through your GOG GALAXY app. This way you’ll be able to dive into the most anticipated open-world RPG quickly on 10th December, when the grand premiere of the game takes place.
Just a heads up... I got Cyberpunk pre-load installed successfully and even though I know the game wont run until launch, who is going to install it and not click on [Play game] am I right? :)

Ok, so... game launcher opens up with the "you gotta wait until Dec 10th" screen as expected... but when I close the game, GOG Galaxy does a hard crash to desktop requiring it to be manually restarted.

Not a big deal right now, but I hope you guys are working hard to fix things like that for release day so everything goes smoother than the release of anything from nvidia or AMD this year. :P
high rated
Anime-BlackWolf: Kill DRM free and you lose me as a customer. Sorry. Some principles will NEVER fall for me.
I'm right there with you.

midrand: +1. Stand behind you!
+1 back at ya.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by ReynardFox