I don't view those as problems. It helps to keep GOG from committing skulduggery themselves. The last thing developers want in a distributor is arbitrary standards. It would be like a college allowing only certain people to learn in their halls, without telling the public what is required to be accepted. No sane person would consider trying to get into such an institution, on the grounds of it being shady. Capricious standards are a blood red flag that something is terribly wrong.
Just as GOG is judged by developers and their customers, the customers will determine if developers are legitimate. Sure, crud is guaranteed to be on the store - but that is already the case. Sturgeon's Law is at work: 90% of everything is crud. Inversely, that means the remaining 10% is decent or better. In order to ensure that GOG has the very best games on tap, it is necessary to ensure a large pool of products to be available. Consider that both Steam and Amazon share this key trait - they sell nearly anything, and are incredibly successful for it.
An exclusive entity like GOG won't be able to influence how the world handles digital distribution, if it doesn't obtain a significant measure of power. That is why GOG should become an inclusive distributor, otherwise it is apt to fade into complete insignificance.
that makes no sense.. plus Devs generally prefer it when they have a easier chance to get their game noticed they deal with Steam's new lack of curation because Steam has such a large customer base they are willing to take those risks, they don't like it but given the choice of taking your chances in a crowded marketplace with 40+ million customers and trying to also get your wares in other stores where the customer base is smaller but you get more exposer hoping to pick up more sales their or selling exclusively to just stores where you will get noticed more but have a smaller customer base your going to go with the former solution. But if presented with either selling on a crowded marketplace with a large customer base and maybe also selling your work on a equally crowded marketplace but with a smaller customer base, most are just not going to bother with the store that is as crowded but has a smaller customer base since what is the point? especially when you have to push updates and mantain multiple versions of your games on diffrent stores that often have diffrent ways of handling updates.
That is one of the things that has been doing Desura in, they were the store that people went to when they couldn't get through Steam's curation process but once Greenlight was introduced and then Steam relaxing on curation over all most devs have abandoned Desura completely. Since it was no longer of any value to them, the customer base was too small, Steam was easier to get on now and why bother maintaing a game on a crowded shop with such a small customer base when you had Steam which was becoming as crowded but you still could sell to a larger customer base?
It's actually better in GOG's intrest to remained curated as a big selling point is what was once a big selling point of steam to indies before Steam opened the floodgates and that was, you release your game here you are selling to X customers and while they aren't as numours as Steams you still get your game on the front page, you get a announcement, you get a trailer on our youtube channel, you get use promoting your game on our Twitch channel, you get us promoting your game on our facebook and Twitter. In short you get a better chance of getting noitced then you will on Steam now. One of the things devs used to loved about Steam was despite being a pain in the ass to get on was when you did you got noticed easier, you got your game in the new release section, you got a big picture of your game splashed on the front page and often your game would stay there for a few days to almost a week or more and so you had a better chance of being noticed and hopefully netting more sales.
So again it's NOT IN GOG'S BEST INTREST TO DO AWAY WITH CURATION. If they did there is one less selling point they have to convince people to sell here as well as on Steam. So sorry that the types of games you want aren't getting on here but those are the breaks. Curation needs to stay.