It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't play old DOS games in 4:3 aspect, I'm not a noob, however in Display Mode settings my monitor shows me 3 options:

1. Overscan (on / off)
- typically enlarges the input image

2. Full
- sets to full screen (stretches the hell out of poor image)

3. Aspect
- greyed - can't be selected no matter what!!!

Tried to switch from HDMI to D-Sub (*VGA*) cable to no luck.

Maybe my GeForce GTX460 prevents Aspect ratio changes somehow? But where these settings? Well I spent 1 hour making changes both in DOSBox and GeForce control panel, and all I can do is to make 4:3 tiny picture 640*480 pixels scaled all the way down from my desktop FullHD resolution.

Aspect in Display Mode on my monitor still inactive, as well as Display/Auto Adjustment options. So I think it must be something with my monitor. Switching settings to default have not solved my issue.

Please help, I'm that desperate!
Attachments:
Cadaver747: I can't play old DOS games in 4:3 aspect, I'm not a noob, however in Display Mode settings my monitor shows me 3 options:

1. Overscan (on / off)
- typically enlarges the input image

2. Full
- sets to full screen (stretches the hell out of poor image)

3. Aspect
- greyed - can't be selected no matter what!!!

Tried to switch from HDMI to D-Sub (*VGA*) cable to no luck.

Maybe my GeForce GTX460 prevents Aspect ratio changes somehow? But where these settings? Well I spent 1 hour making changes both in DOSBox and GeForce control panel, and all I can do is to make 4:3 tiny picture 640*480 pixels scaled all the way down from my desktop FullHD resolution.

Aspect in Display Mode on my monitor still inactive, as well as Display/Auto Adjustment options. So I think it must be something with my monitor. Switching settings to default have not solved my issue.

Please help, I'm that desperate!
Try setting your native monitor resolution to something else and then see if this option is enabled.if it is select it and change resolution back to whatever you want.Overscan should be on 0%
Cadaver747:
RottenRotz: Try setting your native monitor resolution to something else and then see if this option is enabled.if it is select it and change resolution back to whatever you want.Overscan should be on 0%
Sir, you are GENIUS!!!

Thank you so much! :)))

I promise you, that I will not forget your help :)
RottenRotz: Try setting your native monitor resolution to something else and then see if this option is enabled.if it is select it and change resolution back to whatever you want.Overscan should be on 0%
Cadaver747: Sir, you are GENIUS!!!

No problem,glad to help if I can.
Cadaver747: Sir, you are GENIUS!!!

And another thing.This can also happen if your monitor refresh rate isn't the same in the game you are playing and in your AMD Catalyst/nVidia Display settings.It happened to me in Hearts Of Iron 3.When I set both settings on 60Hz it was ok.Just for you to know if you have any more issues.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by RottenRotz