It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Action, stealth, and dark sense of humor - the upcoming game from @unepic_fran has all that and more! Now you can play the first level of the game with UnMetal demo for free to see if you’re up to the task.
GOG is all about DRMfree not exclusives, but i do feel irked when i receive a special discount on mail that doesn't show the exact price of the game and i have to activate the discount before knowing the price and having to decide on the spot (i like to do a lot of research on the game and know the lowest price the game ever had) and if something happens to the firefox or the pc at that time than this special discount is gone,

Good thing they have nice support if not i wouldn't have gotten the adventure pack with Secret Fles and Lost Horizon's games at such good price.
Alexim: Guys, there's Steam Summer Sale draining the wallets right now, don't expect anything spectacular at least until it's over, there's no point trying to compete these days, it would just be wasted opportunities for GOG.
Right now the best pc video game platform is Gog (at least to me it is). When I buy something and especially digital games I want to feel that they are mine, that they belong to me and that I have paid for something that I am going to keep (even if it is with an official back-up). I have an account on Steam, but their policies don't convince me, they never did.
Post edited July 02, 2020 by UCrest
GOG.com: Now you can play the first level of the game with for free to see if you’re up to the task.
That's nice. I will give it a try...

Edit: Ok, I played the demo...and I liked it.
Nice Goonies reference right at the start.
The humour is a little silly but ok for me.
Sometimes you don't know exactly what to do in a situation (i.e.: how to use the medkit).
Mostly it's "keep button pressed", and you'll figure it out quickly, but that could have been a little better explained.
There also was a situation where I wanted to use a key, but the game didn't let me (or simply didn't recognize, that I had the key).

Promising demo! I will definitely buy the game, once it's ready.

Oh, and beware of sneezes.
Post edited July 02, 2020 by BreOl72
Hey gog you need to do something for the demo management, having to add to the cart and validate a payment that gives an error is no way to do that. :P
Ahah, nice. It's actually a point and click adventure almost. :P
David9855: Gogs been dying for a while now, needs some life in the old thing. Only so many copies of BG1 and 2 and Heroes 3 you can sell.
MarkoH01: I don't understand. GOG had some good releases just recently. Can't see them dying.
Then again ... some might consider games "good" that others dislike and call them "bad". I wonder when this "good/bad" categorization will ever stop and people will finally understand that this is subjective.
If you don't believe in "good" and "bad", how would you categorize something such as Time Ramesside by Panzer Gaming Studios?
There are "games" such as this which subjectivity wants no part of.
However, there is nothing of the sort on GOG and I think we can all be grateful for that.

I can't wait for the full version of UnMetal to be released.
I won't try the demo however, it's always too frustrating not being able to finish the game.
DarkBattler: If you don't believe in "good" and "bad", how would you categorize something such as Time Ramesside by Panzer Gaming Studios?
I don't lnow the game so I cannot tell you but even if I personally would dislike this game it does not mean that nobody is liking it. Good and bad imo is a subjective opinion in opposite to broken and working.
Seinfeldx: GOG is all about DRMfree not exclusives, but i do feel irked when i receive a special discount on mail that doesn't show the exact price of the game and i have to activate the discount before knowing the price and having to decide on the spot (i like to do a lot of research on the game and know the lowest price the game ever had) and if something happens to the firefox or the pc at that time than this special discount is gone,
No, you don't have to decide on the spot. The problem is that GOGs wording in those e-mails is really misleading. For whatever reason they still did not change them and people like you continue to complain about those mail discounts because of that. You can access the site and see the discount - as long as you don't select any item and then click the continue button nothing happens. You can close the site and the code stays valid.

@GOG: Please change the description for the newsleter discounts:

MISLEADING (and still in the mails): "Please be sure to complete your purchase before leaving the checkout page.Otherwise, your code will expire!"

CORRECT (on the redeem page itself): "Clicking ‘Continue’ after selecting the items will immediately render the code used, so make sure to complete your purchase."

It is really important to make clear that nothing can happen as long as you don't check any item. This information is missing completely in your description you use for those mails.
Post edited July 03, 2020 by MarkoH01
Seinfeldx: GOG is all about DRMfree not exclusives, but i do feel irked when i receive a special discount on mail that doesn't show the exact price of the game and i have to activate the discount before knowing the price and having to decide on the spot (i like to do a lot of research on the game and know the lowest price the game ever had) and if something happens to the firefox or the pc at that time than this special discount is gone,
MarkoH01: No, you don't have to decide on the spot. The problem is that GOGs wording in those e-mails is really misleading. For whatever reason they still did not change them and people like you continue to complain about those mail discounts because of that. You can access the site and see the discount - as long as you don't select any item and then click the continue button nothing happens. You can close the site and the code stays valid.

@GOG: Please change the description for the newsleter discounts:

MISLEADING (and still in the mails): "Please be sure to complete your purchase before leaving the checkout page.Otherwise, your code will expire!"

CORRECT (on the redeem page itself): "Clicking ‘Continue’ after selecting the items will immediately render the code used, so make sure to complete your purchase."

It is really important to make clear that nothing can happen as long as you don't check any item. This information is missing completely in your description you use for those mails.
Lock and expiration should be separate. The way they have i tset up now sounds like a vulnerability, with potential for exploitation. I'm not going to publicly go into detail in how this ultimately means codes can, theoretically, be reused so that multiple people can benefit (and this includes gift codes). I have no proof of the vulnerability, but the current setup is more or less asking for it. It needs to be 3 step, not 2 step, and the first need to lock and not expire the code, while step 2 confirms, and step 3 simultaneously cancels the code and accepts purchase. In theory you could still do this 2-step like now, but then step 1 locks and step 2 can be canceled on GOG's end.
DarkBattler: If you don't believe in "good" and "bad", how would you categorize something such as Time Ramesside by Panzer Gaming Studios?
MarkoH01: I don't lnow the game so I cannot tell you but even if I personally would dislike this game it does not mean that nobody is liking it. Good and bad imo is a subjective opinion in opposite to broken and working.
I know, I know.
It was just a demonstration of my pitiful, horrendous sense of humour.
kohlrak: Lock and expiration should be separate. The way they have i tset up now sounds like a vulnerability, with potential for exploitation. I'm not going to publicly go into detail in how this ultimately means codes can, theoretically, be reused so that multiple people can benefit (and this includes gift codes). I have no proof of the vulnerability, but the current setup is more or less asking for it. It needs to be 3 step, not 2 step, and the first need to lock and not expire the code, while step 2 confirms, and step 3 simultaneously cancels the code and accepts purchase. In theory you could still do this 2-step like now, but then step 1 locks and step 2 can be canceled on GOG's end.
You are making things too complicated, The description is the problem not the redeem process itself. There is no vulnerability. The moment you actively selected an item and chose to continue the code is invalid - no mater if it says exoired or used ... it's not usuable anymore. If you don't chose any item the code still can be used which is the way it SHOULD work since people (as said before) need to access the site for even know the discount (it's a questionable choice as well but I guess GOG wants it this way).
Post edited July 03, 2020 by MarkoH01
There are 2 problems:
- Having to use the code before knowing what the discount and price will be.
- I use the code and i am still deciding if it is worth it in comparison with the lowest price ever in all sites or even if it is lower than the best discount i can get on GOG, and than before i can buy it, something goes wrong firefox or pc crashes, i know not everyone has the problems i have, it happens much more than i would like, i lost the discount, good thing the GOG support gave me another.

The problem i've got could be easilly fixed if the discount stay/was applied on cart, so even if something happens when i enter the site again i could still be in the process of buying with that discount.

Sorry if my problem is so outlandish, but i still feel it's a bad practice to only allow to see the prices after using the code, if one of this problems was fixed, i would be very happy.
These hidden discounts are the most annoying thing on GOG for me. There were times they have offered good discounts to everyone, without having to work for them and sending your data to Google & Co.
The demo is very promising.
Good sense of humour, interesting narrative, works perfectly under Linux/Wine. It may be something really interesting. I only hope it'll be something more than 2-3 hours of actual gameplay...