It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The free <span class="bold">Shadwen Demo</span>, where you can try out your silent killing techniques in a bleak medieval environment, is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Time stands still, as Shadwen lurks behind a dark corner, wishing that the little girl cowering beside her didn't have to witness the brutal scene that is about to unfold. But maybe she won't. Perhaps there is another way to get past these guards, climb on that scaffold and continue on her mission to assassinate the king. Before you take any action time stands still, allowing you to change plans on the spot and even rewind failed attempts. Killing might not be necessary, as long as Shadwen manages to stay hidden.

In anticipation of the stealth-action game, where you move freely among the shadows of a gritty medieval setting, developers Frozenbyte are releasing the <span class="bold">Shadwen Demo</span> and GOG.com is jumping in on the action! You will have the opportunity to sample Shadwen's light-footed scaling and stealth-assassination mechanics in a fully-playable area of the game and win awesome prizes in the process. The demo will be available on our store between February 24th and February 29th but, once added, you will be able to access it from your GOG.com library forever. All individual scores of those playing the demo will contribute to a global community score; the higher the global tally, the lower Shadwen's launch price will be. Head <span class="bold">here</span> for more details.

GOG.com CONTEST
We decided to do something extra for all the GOGers out there who want to try the free demo, so we are launching our own parallel contest where you must lunge #fromtheshadows for a chance to win awesome Shadwen swag!

The basics:
—Grab the <span class="bold">Shadwen Demo</span> and reach the end of the level without raising alarms, suspicions, or your blade against the guards. Staying hidden earns you more points.
—Screenshot the stat screen: Complete the demo level scoring as many points as you can, then post the image(s) below or tweet them at <span class="bold">twitter/GOGcom</span> with the "#fromtheshadows @GOGcom" tags.
—Grab sweet swag: The 10 highest-scoring assassins will get a Shadwen t-shirt and a free copy of Shadwen, courtesy of Frozenbyte. In case more than 10 entries are tied for the top spots, their submissions will enter a raffle.

So put on your soft leather gloves, don your darkness-colored robes, and exercise your rope-throwing: unsung glory and awesome prizes await!
The event will last until February 29th. Winners will be announced in the forums soon afterwards.

Contest Winners Announced!
The winners are in!

Due to an in-game bug making it impossible to do an undetected + no kill run worth 1600 points, there was a bit of confusion about eligible entries. To make things fair, we considered both the never-detected runs (1100 points) and kill-everyone runs (1110 points) to be eligible for the grand prizes — but with no more than one entry per person.

Since there were more than 10 eligible entries, we ran a raffle powered by the random number generator at random.org

And the winners are:
RabidGears
Goatbrush
w0lf1k
LiefLayer
Sablelune
Aningan
Aceso
Pixelion
GothaBlutauge
@Asaldar_

Thanks for playing Shadwen on GOG! We'll be reaching out to the winners individually to get your T-Shirt sizes and addresses. In the meantime... stay hidden, friends.
LiefLayer: I receved my t-shirt:
http://i.imgur.com/rM073Qa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BknNSB0.jpg

I love it!!
Some pretty slick character art. As others have said, thanks for posting the photos. I wonder what the bird emblem means, if anything.

Congrats on everyone who won, if there's anyone still reading this. As for me, I'll be purchasing when the game comes out. https://www.gog.com/game/shadwen Will be adding to it my wishlist in the meantime.
Post edited April 06, 2016 by notonetotalk