It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In space, everyone can hear you cheer.

<span class="bold">Planet Nomads</span>, the ambitious sci-fi sandbox game that has been exploring alien planets In Development for the past couple of months, just got its price lowered.

Since its release Planet Nomads has gathered fans, doubters, and curious bystanders along the way, but Craneballs (with whom we had <span class="bold">a really nice chat</span> a while back) feel that the game's price tag is sending the wrong message, occasionally leading to disappointment. In response, they've decided to lower it, explaining: "The game has often received a negative review because of the higher expectations set by the higher price. We're confident we are eventually going to expand Planet Nomads to match the expectations set by the original price - the trouble is, being a small team, it's going to take us a few months to get there."

Current owners who may feel strongly about this change, are encouraged to <span class="bold">reach out</span> to them directly. Moving forward, Craneballs also promise weekly updates every Thursday, with a major one coming at the 17th of August.

So stay tuned, space-builders, and keep your feedback coming - it can only make <span class="bold">Planet Nomads</span> better.
How long has this game been in development? Is it worth a shot?
I'm not sure how to read that "reach out" part, there are at least two interpretations that come to mind. So I will optimisticaly think that they offer to do something (unspecified) about the price difference for current owners. But personally I won't bother, it's only $5.57 (launch-discounted price minus current one). It's not worth either of those prices at current state (next update that is scheduled to get rid of the holes in the world should make it much better), but I expected as much from in-dev title and the potential for great things is there. They get great track record with regular updates too, unlike some other games (both in-dev and released).
OdanUrr: Is it worth a shot?
There's a 14 days - no questions asked - refund policy to all InDev games so i guess there's only one way to be sure. ;)
OdanUrr: How long has this game been in development? Is it worth a shot?
It has been about two months on gog, earlier on Steam. "Worth a shot" is entirely personal. Each update is relatively bug-free (there was one amusing-from-sw-developer-point bug related to localization but it didn't affect me). There is about 20 hours of stuff worth doing (learn how to survive, build your first vehicle, find out that it's almost impossible to drive anywhere without falling into hole and it's much faster to go on foot, drive some measurable distance from base anyway with lots of saving/loading - my record is 11km, wait for next update - each brings some new toys to try).
Wake me when it drops to 5 bucks.
Price lowered on an InDev game, are they struggling to make ends meet before its even released. I am sensing another NoMansSky incoming...
Maybe I'll wait till the next update, just to be safe. Thanks for your responses!
nightcraw1er.488: Price lowered on an InDev game, are they struggling to make ends meet before its even released. I am sensing another NoMansSky incoming...
How?
I have followed the dev diaries (have not bought or played though) and they appear to be communicative about the actual development. And again they have an in-dev version which means there are a lot of let's plays to take a look at.
But then perhaps this is the wound that NMS left, as many are more likely to be sceptical about games nowadays.
Just my thoughts, nothing personal.
nightcraw1er.488: Price lowered on an InDev game, are they struggling to make ends meet before its even released. I am sensing another NoMansSky incoming...
Except of course that NMS had no early access so no one had any idea how good it was and then everyone freaked out over how awful it was. PN is already better than NMS. I guess they're trying to encourage more people to play it to speed up development.
T.Hodd: then everyone freaked out over how awful it was.
Yeah, It was like NMS put everyone on PMS!!!
Not good news for them, I wish them well in order to release this project.

Out of curiosity, how much more expensive was it?

A ProcGen survival game is hard to develop, 25 eurodollars seems quite decent already.

Besides, it's InDev so how are people dissapointed? Are they dumb?

Don't answer that question...
Zoidberg: Not good news for them, I wish them well in order to release this project.

$29.99 at launch, 10% launch discount for a while. And it doesn't feel like struggling with monies was the reason for this move.
Zoidberg: Not good news for them, I wish them well in order to release this project.

A ProcGen survival game is hard to develop, 25 eurodollars seems quite decent already.

Besides, it's InDev so how are people dissapointed? Are they dumb?

Don't answer that question...
I loled. :D

But I agree, 25 eurodollarbottlecaps seem like a good price for this kind of game. And bugs or missing content are to be expected when you buy an unfinished game. *shrug*
bhrigu: How?
I have followed the dev diaries (have not bought or played though) and they appear to be communicative about the actual development. And again they have an in-dev version which means there are a lot of let's plays to take a look at.
But then perhaps this is the wound that NMS left, as many are more likely to be sceptical about games nowadays.
Just my thoughts, nothing personal.
None taken. I personally don't go near any pre-order, been burned too many times most recently man of war, which should have been called starship troopers there are so many bugs in it. With the nms debacle this really isn't one I am going to follow.