It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gunsynd: It wasn't that long ago that the American dollar was lower than us.
Now it's on the way down again like 10 years ago.
http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/forecast/weekly/aud/2015/06/12/AUD-weekly-forecast-6.12.html
Grargar: Maybe. All I'm saying is that if the game wasn't regionally-priced for you, you would be paying more, based on the current exchange rate between the AUD and the USD.
And all I was doing was questioning Gog's price as in (possible mistake)or not.
Nothing more nothing less,as for the game I own it anyway so it's no big deal.
Shadowstalker16: Why is the price always higher for Ausies even if its digital? I would've though maybe Somalia but just......WHY? Not even complaining, just asking, because WHY THE F**K?
Grargar: It isn't. It's cheaper for them than Europe/America.
Was referring to this and games in general, but good to know GOG is pricing fairly.
zeroxxx: VPN all the way to Russia and buy the game.

Or even better, pirate it. That'll teach those publishers not to mess with the pricing.
Here is how it works for me:

VPN - I don't want my gog account banned or somehow contribute for more restrictive purchases/gifts for those countries.

Piracy - I could but what would be the point if nowadays i already have games collecting dust? To have ilimited amount of "free" games that i won't have time to play? When i'm purchasing the game, i'm not only doing it as a reward for the developers for their work, is also to control my gaming habits.
Australia gets taxed on pretty much everything because we went so well in the GFC :/

HEY AMERICA

YOU'VE TAKEN ALL THE MONEY WE SAVED IN THE GFC

WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE

GO PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE D:
snowkatt: so why is it 81 then ?
Because of the former Kicstarter Tiers - to get these goodies, you've had to support the game for x amount of money, and these prices are now reflected in the final product as to not 'fuck over' the backers.
MaximumBunny: The Royal Edition is $81 here. It's pretty absurd considering that it doesn't add any content to justify the price increase. Not even for collectors.
Yup, there's no 'DLC'.

yogsloth: I don't think anybody here has yet to admit buying it.

I wonder how many copies they've sold.
I'd actually upgrade to the Royal Edition if GOG got their act together and reintroced the upgrade packages. Pillars of Eternity is a masterpiece.
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Fenixp
MaximumBunny: Not even for collectors.
I'm not actually sure why collectors would be buying digital anyway. Digital assets have no collector's value.
alvis100: Australia gets taxed on pretty much everything because we went so well in the GFC :/

HEY AMERICA

YOU'VE TAKEN ALL THE MONEY WE SAVED IN THE GFC

WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE

GO PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE D:
Paradox Interactive is Swedish though. I don't think Obsidian could directly influence the pricing.