It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Interesting... although I couldn't get my had around EU4 and CK2... my brain must be too small... :P

But Paradox on GOG is kewl!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Zoidberg
Huinehtar: Oh crap.

After everything I said few years ago, I think it's time to eat my hat.

Well played Paradox Interactive and GOG.

*scrontch* *scrontch*
That's why I always wear edible hats when having a bet like this.
awesome
awesome
awesome
Zoidberg: Interesting... although I couldn't get my had around EU4 and CK2... my brain must be too small... :P
/Glottis mode

Your head is just too big :) Your brain's fine! :)
djdarko: Another welcome addition! Only problem is those kind of games take forever to finish!
These earlier Paradox games are *much* faster than the contemporary versions! I have every Paradox game ,bought EU1 on release. To me, EU2 and HOI2 are the best of all, because they are much more manageable and less bloated than the recent ones. A whole game of these versions takes about the same time as 70 years or so of EU4. And the historical aspects are just as deep, though the older GUI's are seriously clunky.

I'd advise passing on EU1, though and get EU2 as it is better in every way, it's "EU1 fixed". Even better, "For The Glory", a fan made licensed version of EU2.
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Such a great news!
Sky is the limit. XD
Nirth: I don't care about the DLCs. I rather they get the main game at least, better nothing at all, and they can leave the DLCs until they make some kind of DLC edition that has them all.

I'm thinking of getting Crusader Kings 1, I assume it's easier than the sequel so might be a good thing to train on? Now that Paradox is here I can certainly wait until the sequel is released anyway.
I can't speak about Crusader Kings 2, but back in the days (talking about Europa Universalis) every expansion improved the main game. So if we could get the main game and the expansion I would also been interested. The idea with the DLC pack would be also interesting, but I don't believe Paradox would do that. as it seems they see DLCs as an important source of income. Checking Steam I count round about 50 DLCs/expansions for Crusader Kings 2.
Nirth: I'm thinking of getting Crusader Kings 1, I assume it's easier than the sequel so might be a good thing to train on? Now that Paradox is here I can certainly wait until the sequel is released anyway.
It's not. It has less "moving parts" (especially with all the stuff the DLCs have introduced), but the older UI makes it harder to get into, and the gameplay is more unforgiving in CK1 (for example, the black plague is a dangerous impediment in CK2, but it can be the doom of your whole dynasty in CK1 if it comes to your lands)

Still a good game. But not a "tutorial" for CK2
Man, GOG is on a roll. Congratulations, guys!
Seems like GOG has got a nice publisher streak going.
I approve.
Welcome, Paradox! :-) You fit GOG perfectly :-)
I don't know how the new GOG releases are compatibles with them, but check Paradox Interactive forums to find mods.

For instance:

<span class="bold">Crusader Kings Deus Vult Improvement Pack</span>

<span class="bold">Crusader Kings Mappa Regnorum</span>

<span class="bold">Victoria Improvement Pack</span>
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Huinehtar
Welcome to GOG Paradox.
And then there was GOG.com, the site of many surprises, and the ability to put me on auto-pilot when it comes to the "Add to Cart" and "Checkout" buttons ... ;)

Thanks GOG! With the stress I've been having the last weeks releases have brightened my days!

I've been waiting for Paradox for a while now, and there was no way I was NOT instantly buying every title you just released!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
While I already have the majority of Europa engine games DRM-free on GamersGate, getting the definite versions with modern installers here on GOG would be an excellent reason to repurchase.

Hopefully we will finally see a DRM-free release of For The Glory and Darkest Hour - the two being the ultimate versions of EU2 and HoI2.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by de_Monteynard