It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
JudasIscariot: I recommend Crusader Kings Complete :P
Treasure: Thanks for the recommendation Judas! I'll be definitely getting this one then! However, I mentioned I didn't know what to take and what to leave because all strategy games just released interest me-I like not only Medieval History, but also(in order of preference) Early Modern European History, 19th century history and wwii history, which means I'd love to get all the historical strategy games (majesty is fantasy-themed, and thus not as interesting to instabuy)-but doing so would cost a lot! Anyways, I'll give them some consideration and buy at most 2 games out of the pack. Thanks again for the recommendation!
One thing to keep in mind is that some of the games actually follow sequentially. For example, CK2 saves can be used as a starting point for EU4 games.
timppu: OMFG! Yes yes yeeeeees! One of the many dreams to come true!

I'm sure this irritates many who feel GOG should only sell some old and obscure games that no other digital store wants to sell, but to hell with those people. I'm happy GOG doesn't listen to them. :)
Cheers, very much in agreement.Too many cookie-cutter "obscure" puzzle and point-n-click games.
Gunsang: What's wrong with RTS games, I love 'em? (You do mean Real Time Strategy games, yes?)
Schnuff: I am one of those old school players.
Played every strategy game i could get on my C-64 and later PC.
Spent hours on end over every move.
RTS...no sorry.
Ah, I see; fair enough.

timppu: OMFG! Yes yes yeeeeees! One of the many dreams to come true!

I'm sure this irritates many who feel GOG should only sell some old and obscure games that no other digital store wants to sell, but to hell with those people. I'm happy GOG doesn't listen to them. :)
Ragnarblackmane: Cheers, very much in agreement.Too many cookie-cutter "obscure" puzzle and point-n-click games.
Yeah, DRM-free should be the big concern; I prefer to see the old classics, but I certainly don't mind the newer games.
Treasure: Thanks for the recommendation Judas! I'll be definitely getting this one then! However, I mentioned I didn't know what to take and what to leave because all strategy games just released interest me-I like not only Medieval History, but also(in order of preference) Early Modern European History, 19th century history and wwii history, which means I'd love to get all the historical strategy games (majesty is fantasy-themed, and thus not as interesting to instabuy)-but doing so would cost a lot! Anyways, I'll give them some consideration and buy at most 2 games out of the pack. Thanks again for the recommendation!
Khalaq: One thing to keep in mind is that some of the games actually follow sequentially. For example, CK2 saves can be used as a starting point for EU4 games.
You're right and some of the previous games did the same.
CK:DV (aka CK Complete) saves can be used in EU2, then EU2 saves can be converted to V:R (aka Vicky Complete), and finally V:R saves can be used in HoI2.
Khalaq: One thing to keep in mind is that some of the games actually follow sequentially. For example, CK2 saves can be used as a starting point for EU4 games.
You have to buy the DLC Converter, but that's usually on sale or bundled:)
Lovely! Finally paradox is doing great here. I hope Europa universalis III and IV comes to GOG soon or later. I hope that paradox understands that GOG is better than STEAM shit.
well i just decided to try that victoria stuff
i logged in GG and saw people talking about victoria, victoria 2
so it must be quite something :D
so i decided to buy it now

VICTORIA COMPLETE € 8.89 € 4.49

DISCOUNT – PARADOX LAUNCH PROMO 17/02/15 € 4.40

Order total: € 4.49
Now that the Insomnia sale is over, can we look forward to more Paradox titles?
Cities Skylines just got released... via Steam. I would absolutely pay for a watered down/no DLC version of it here on GOG. With the deal with Paradox, as of right now all we can hope for is enough patience for time to go by so Paradox can pass off their much older titles to GOG while they pamper and spoil their Steam babies. Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing.
Emob78: Cities Skylines just got released... via Steam. I would absolutely pay for a watered down/no DLC version of it here on GOG. With the deal with Paradox, as of right now all we can hope for is enough patience for time to go by so Paradox can pass off their much older titles to GOG while they pamper and spoil their Steam babies. Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing.
You know (yep sorry for necroposting, for real) that Cities was released on the Origin Access, right? I always thought that was the case, steamworks and whatnot but nope, it isn't. Still waiting for this marvelous sim to hit our shores.