It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Fantastic! Can't wait to play Majesty again! Thanks guys and Paradox!
what about other languages? especially strategy-titles are hard to play in foreign language :/
vicklemos: Weird thing, since it's listed as drm free.
These could surely come to GOG someday :)
Desura's "DRM-Free" filter translates as any game that doesn't require a Steam account, which is hilarious when you think about Topware's games there.
grasshopperts: what about other languages? especially strategy-titles are hard to play in foreign language :/
Beware what you wish for. ^^

(Aaaah, translating the title "petty kingdom" into "mesquin royaume" in CK2, i.e. "a kingdom that is frivolous, and we'll put the words in the wrong order too".)
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Kardwill
Not my kind of publisher, I simply don't do strategy gaming, but I'm loving all the new blood around here.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by ReynardFox
All these new publishers. I just orgasmed across the room...
Wow! What's next?

A decent comprehensive manual for Europa Universalis?
Post edited February 18, 2015 by petitmal
never played these Paradox games, nor any of the sequels. But these exhilarating comments make me like the games anyhow :) I'll see how much I drink this week but hopefully not much and can buy at least Majesty 1 :p
This is AWESOME. Some of the best videogames ever. I really hope that Knights of Honor arrives soon.
Phc7006: On one hand, Paradox is a welcome addition to the catalogue.

On the other hand, I am a bit puzzled by the choice of games for the initial wave and by the pricing. Hearts of Iron and EU in particular. Let's say that both games are available for a while, and use to cost less elsewhere. But, more importantly, the best entry points for these series are, imho, "For the Glory" and "Darkest Hours". Of course, selling the initial games (at a price) , then later releasing the other games might make more sense in terms of cumulated sales over time.
seibit: For all the "paradox newcomers" here: For the glory is (unlike what the title can suggest) the last iteration of the classic Europa Universalis game. It was a sort of EUII sequel developed by EU modders and published directly by Paradox and only on Steam. EU3 and EU4 are really different games. I suggest everyone to wait for For The Glory because it's really THE game to have to enjoy "classic" EU gameplay.
And for those interested in the HoI series, Arsenal of Democracy and Darket Hours provide two "updated" HoI II ( in fact modded based on the wished of the community) . The choice between these two is a matter of taste. AoD is imho more in depth but WW2 centered (1936_1964), DH covers a wider time span ( WW1 to Cold War )
RangerFlecha: This is AWESOME. Some of the best videogames ever. I really hope that Knights of Honor arrives soon.
Vote, people:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/knights_of_honor

One of the best historical games ever made.
I hope it comes to GoG including the German version.
RangerFlecha: This is AWESOME. Some of the best videogames ever. I really hope that Knights of Honor arrives soon.
Klumpen0815: Vote, people:

Agreed. Definitely one of the best historical RTS ever made. Mustbuy for me if it gets released here.

I have the game from elsewhere but I admit that I've spent more time listening to the awesome soundtrack than playing the actual game. It's a good game though. But the soundtrack is the best!

awalterj: I have the game from elsewhere but I admit that I've spent more time listening to the awesome soundtrack than playing the actual game. It's a good game though. But the soundtrack is the best!
Yes, it's made with much love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWMCmisvegU&amp;list=PLzkM3yS__GNivwOuojmlo-nbsMaZsXK-d
I played all those games at one point or another, I had the boxed versions. And they were the kind of games that I would only put down when I realised it was dawn already...

1 quetion before I risk my nights again: I really wanted to get into CK remember the game being pretty buggy , was it fixed at one point (fan patch or other ?)