It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
My wallet is already exhausted from the Lucas Arts and Warner Bros. stuff, phew.
Majesty HD is very tempting though, argh.
Silverhawk170485: I don't think that the new titles of Paradox games will be released here soon because they have a lot of DLCs. Maybe when there is a Complete Edition and they are the way too expensive.

Nice releases anyway.
I hope we do not have to wait too long (2-4 months maybe but hopefully not longer). The newer titles are also much better and much more fun. Just bringing the shovelware here (no digital premiere) is not really an excellent move. So I'm waiting for them and I would also like to get complete editions. The price should be competitive but of course good games can be a bit more expensive the average game.

If they come totally overpriced it would be sad.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Trilarion
Hmm.
I'm not much of a strategy player (I suck at it, always), much less a GRAND strategy player. But I somehow like the idea of these games. Paradox as well, despite the stupidly big amount of DLC of the latest games.

I have EU4 and CK2 on Steam pretty much because of their Linux versions. I haven't really had the guts to actually try to play them yet :D

Majesty sounds quite original, maybe I'll try that as it's rated platinum with Wine.
OMFG! Yes yes yeeeeees! One of the many dreams to come true!

I'm sure this irritates many who feel GOG should only sell some old and obscure games that no other digital store wants to sell, but to hell with those people. I'm happy GOG doesn't listen to them. :)
timppu: I'm sure this irritates many who feel GOG should only sell some old and obscure games...
Well, the early Paradow titles we got on this wave fit the "old and (semi-)obscure games" tag ;). Cool games, but most of them are in the 10-15 years old range.
Iam so sad, all this good old games and all only in english :-(
hwundi: Iam so sad, all this good old games and all only in english :-(
Well, given the horrendous "quality" of the recent Paradox translations (the French edition of Crusader Kings 2 is simply awful : Flavor text is good, but the gameplay elements have seen a "google translate" treatment), I tend to think it's for the better. ^^
gandalfnho: Nice to see a new publisher in GOG's catalogue, sadly the majority of their games are turn-based (I prefer RTSs)
Matruchus: Actually Paradox games are RTS games mostly but they fit into Grand Strategy games genre.

Victoria, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings -> all these games are RTS.
Always thinked they were turn-based by screens, I normally prefer RTSs like Age of Empires and similar titles
Phc7006: On one hand, Paradox is a welcome addition to the catalogue.

On the other hand, I am a bit puzzled by the choice of games for the initial wave and by the pricing. Hearts of Iron and EU in particular. Let's say that both games are available for a while, and use to cost less elsewhere. But, more importantly, the best entry points for these series are, imho, "For the Glory" and "Darkest Hours". Of course, selling the initial games (at a price) , then later releasing the other games might make more sense in terms of cumulated sales over time.
For all the "paradox newcomers" here: For the glory is (unlike what the title can suggest) the last iteration of the classic Europa Universalis game. It was a sort of EUII sequel developed by EU modders and published directly by Paradox and only on Steam. EU3 and EU4 are really different games. I suggest everyone to wait for For The Glory because it's really THE game to have to enjoy "classic" EU gameplay.
This is sweet... love Paradox... I have all of these (at that other store), but maybe for future fixes...
Nice, more publishers.
Wanted new publishers, but didn't expect so many so soon. Oh my wallet. But I do want the Majesty games. Long time since I played Majesty hardly remember much about it except I enjoyed it.

Must wait a day or I'll end up buying them all like I did for the warner games -1.
:) GREAT, just great :)
vicklemos: I got it. Weird thing but hey, at least the game's there.
LGP is down for several years, that's gotta be bad.
I'm guessing that their DRM is still working correctly...?
vicklemos: I got it. Weird thing but hey, at least the game's there.
LGP is down for several years, that's gotta be bad.
Gede: I'm guessing that their DRM is still working correctly...?
Weird thing, since it's listed as drm free.
These could surely come to GOG someday :)