It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're barely even winded.

Today yet another awesome publisher, Paradox Interactive, becomes part of the most gamer-friendly DRM-free catalog around. We're kicking off the partnership with a weeklong 50% discount on four of the titles:

Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Crusader Kings Complete -50%
Majesty Gold HD -50%
Majesty 2 Collection -50%
Victoria Complete -50%

If you've always wanted to give the genre a try, Europa Universalis is probably the best starting point, but we know grand strategy can be daunting. That's why you can also drop by our <span class="bold">Twitch.tv/gogcom</span> channel, where we'll be streaming the game live with Quill18, this Tuesday, February 17th, 7pm GMT / 2pm EST / 11am PST.
It's a fine way to get acquainted.

If you're a fan of complex strategy playgrounds, you can look forward to a trickle of more grand strategy classics from paragons of the genre, Paradox Interactive, coming to the coolest DRM-free game store near you!
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Konrad
Tpiom: What the--? I keep expecting new games and you throw in new games and publishers. Three in a short period of time now!

What did you do (or didn't do?) to get them all lined up like this?
did do , i might have an answer to that one:

anyone remembers the picture of disneys shrek? the one with pussin boots, that cat with the big black begging eyes and his little hat?

maybe they pulled a face like that and maybe thats why they could not resist it.... :D
Tpiom: What the--? I keep expecting new games and you throw in new games and publishers. Three in a short period of time now!

They got a really good negotiator.

EDIT ::: When do we get Magicka?
Post edited February 17, 2015 by 011284mm
New publisher yau! Got already tons of their games, but if a good deal comes by....

011284mm: They got a really good negotiator.
Negotiation techniques 101: Fifth element style!
DIPLOMACY
lol i found this old game on retail cd in a transparent dvd case , a nice paper manual
serial at the back of the manual

ATARI /MINDSCAPE/PARADOX/HASBRO/Avalon Hill
win2000/XP
inel p3 800mhz or AMD duron 800 mhz
recommended P4 1.6 GHz ...

and more small letters bla blabla

pegi info reads 3+

hahaha

i dont know why i bought it long time ago, it was cheap in the stores 5 euro i guess it was,, the case looked nice, nice cover and nice manual , i did not even know what is was...

game is too complicated with thousands of options :D
anyways....

btw another title came up in my mind:

Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer
so i googled:

.... is an adventure game developed by the British software company Clipper Software.

The game takes place in 1562 France. The protagonist is Geoffroi Le Brun who is recruited to a company of musketeers (the historical Musketeers of the Guard were not created until 1622) in Rouen. As he arrives, he witnesses the murder of the Compte d'Itee and promises to find his stolen will and deliver it to Paris. Early in his adventure he hires Henri, a crook who poses as a beggar, as his manservant. The pair travel through France including St. Quentin, Le Mans, Amiens and Le Havre.

Touché was also released as a CD-ROM version with full voiceover soundtrack.

i bought it when it came out, i seem to have destroyed it (lack of storage space , so i hammered it to oblivion)

It is supported by the ScummVM virtual engine.

--> it was a nice game....
hard but nice
Excellent to see another publisher come on board!
Whaaaaat? Whhhhhattt?! What are you doing GOG, you're being too awesome! When CKII comes on, I will literally have nothing left that I need Steam to play. Talk about amazing!

Welcome aboard Paradox! It's so wonderful to have you here!

...I'll stop abusing the exclamation marks now.

$ DWM8And16BitMitigation Layer_ForceDirectDrawEmulation
Thanks man! That worked for me. Cheers!
Is it just me, or is GoG speeding up?

We used to get 1 game every tuesday (sometimes you'd skip a monday/tuesday) or a gem promo. The last month it seems there's 6 games a week...

I'm not complaining, although i usually end up waiting on purchases until the next monday when as many promos are on at the same time to buy them in a single payment.

Hmmm... I look forward to seeing what other publishers they sign on in the near future. Maybe i can get my beloved JetFighter series... Or if Atlus/Platinum games comes on board i can get some of my other favorite games without having to rely on an emulator or my original hardware... (Depending on the resolution i'm willing to accept)...
Post edited February 17, 2015 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: Most of these games look very risk-like...
thank real-time risk with in-depth political and economic management. each game has its own focus Crusader Kings for example focuses more on building your dynasty whereas, Victoria focuses more on the pre and post industrial revolution Europe so hence the name Victoria as in the Victorian era your goal is to basically create a colonial empire rather than flat-out conquest for the most part. they are all basically sand box risk as the game's goals are mostly set by yourself. you can just try to stay an Independent xenophobic country and see how long you last or you could try to conquer all of Europe. the majesty series is the exception you're more of the ruler who builds the infrastructure and tries to entice people to do your dirty work of killing the big bad monsters and whatnot you don't actually control any units
I just saw the new games and, well, I'm amazed! I wish I had enough to get them all.
It would be nice also to see the other games: Hearts of Iron 3, Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2 etc etc......
If you can continue like this the rest of the year we would probably get every publisher EVER MENTIONED on a wishlist on GOG!

So, well, continue like this! :D

(although my wallet is bleeding...)
rtcvb32: Is it just me, or is GoG speeding up?

We used to get 1 game every tuesday (sometimes you'd skip a monday/tuesday) or a gem promo. The last month it seems there's 6 games a week...
They have. It's been a pretty gradual ramp up, but starting when indie games were added GOG has been increasing the number of games released each week. It's an indication that the store is growing.
Best of luck with the game sales, GOG. :) I can't buy anything right now but I hope the games sell well and encourage more releases here!
Gilozard: They have. It's been a pretty gradual ramp up, but starting when indie games were added GOG has been increasing the number of games released each week. It's an indication that the store is growing.
Well this is really good, but i it might be an issue if there's too many more per week than they are doing now... Unless they have deals extend to 2 weeks giving people a chance to get games on launch discount longer to acquire the funds for all the games they want.

And as long as obvious shovelware doesn't get dumped on here either. Hmmm... Makes me wonder when The Enchanted Cave 2 will make it here...